Here we go... here we go.....

Not quite.

I had set a place marker so that I could come back later and kick the whole lot off. Also so that once I had got the hang of this system with the journal from the June trip was okay, that I knew a bit of what I was doing.

So as I sit in the rain at home in Kent, I have been looking at the first steps for when we get across.

This week I have had two emails from P&O:

1 - to tell me that the boat I am booked on will depart Dover at 1005 instead or 1105. Not much of a worry as we are only 14 miles from Dover.
2 - to tell me that the boat has changed from Pioneer to Spirit of France. Another non issue as I didn't know we were on Pioneer anyway.

With something like 40 days before we go I am sure they can change things about a bit more.

As is our usual we will go over and the first stop will be Picard at Coquelles to get Reggie his "dogador" raw food for the trip. As we have a larger fridge and freezer in the 175 we should really buy a lot more than last time. He really doesn't do well on canned muck. Then we'll be across to the Auchan to stock up with stuff for ourselves.

The first stop, as last year, will be the Camping-Car Park aire at Formerie. It's small and quiet for the first night. It has EHU which suits us. I have pre-booked as it generally gets filled up quickly. Six emplacements and close to the town centre shops, restaurants and bars.

From there we are heading across to Normandy. We have visited the British and Commonwealth landing beaches at Juno and Sword a few times in the past, both in the car and on the GS. So this time I am bypassing "our" beaches and heading to Omaha Beach. A friend stayed at the Flower Camping there in May and was full of praises for the site. It's not cheap as we are have opted for a sea view pitch. The ACSI price is €21 plus the charge for the dog. The sea view pitch works out at €29.50 a night including dog....

So where afterwards? Brittany of head inland and south? The world is our huître!

Comments

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

Share this entry

Direct Motorhome Services
“LockMout,”