Decision made.

A final decision on destination was taken once we came back from the last trip to France.

We had toyed with heading east and taking in Germany and Austria and maybe Switzerland.

In the end it's France again. Less mileage. Fewer tolls! Normandy and Brittany.

We also decided that after the last trip where we stayed a maximum of only two nights, this trip we'd do some longer stays in one place.

Another decision taken is to be more spontaneous. I was hoping last time to book a few at the start and then wing it. But it didn't work out that way.

So for this trip we are booked on P&O with pet lounge for us and Reggie. Since booking I have had an email informing me that the outward ferry had moved from 11.10am to 10.05am. Not that bad. I had picked the original time so we didn't have to rush to get the bus packed and drive the 15 miles to Dover Eastern....

Then by mid-July I began to look for a first overnight. A voice in my head said "book somewhere".

Another email from P&O. Same outward crossing but the ship has changed from Pioneer to Spirit of France. Okay.... But I didn't know we were on Pioneer anyway!

I had calculated that after we arrive in Calais, then faff about getting off the boat, visit Picard for Reggie's raw food plus add on a visit to Auchan it would be getting on for easily 2.30pm.

"Book you must...."

And so I have. The first night will be at the the Camping-Car Park aire at Formerie. We have stayed here before. Hopefully we will arrive earlier than last time when it was way after dark.

Then where?

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

“AS