Day 8

Another totally lazy do nothing day.

After the rainy end to yesterday the forecast today for the Millau area was much more of the same.

Our neighbours to the right, both UK caravans, packed up and left.

We had left the awning and groundsheet out and both were sopping wet.

We had a walk to the reception to pick up our baguette and croissants. The sky was grey in places.

The indicator on the fresh water was showing red and so whilst Claire did the washing up I made a few trips to the drinking water tap near the motorhome service area to fill a 5L water bottle. As luck would have it the tip of the bottle fitted perfectly into the inlet.

With the ground wet when we arrived and the subsequent rain, I only want one go at driving off the pitch!

The access to the motorhome service area looks a little tight in any case. We'll need to drain the grey and empty the cassette at some point. Tomorrow I think, when we are leaving.

After breakfast the sun peeped out and then the day was very warm. We dried the awning, groundsheet and chairs in the sun.

If we had a rear window we would be able to see the river rushing by. After the Camargue I had been worried that we had gone from one mosquito hell to another. Apart from one sneaky little B biting my ankle we have been clear.

Around 4pm there were a few spots of rain, so away went the awning, the chairs and groundsheet were packed away in the locker... It drizzled. Another bottled 10L into the water tank....

We took a walk out along the river and hadn't got far when thunder rumbled!

Reggie immediately got worried and barked.

IMG_20230614_165333295_HDR.jpg

I took a few photos of the huge cliffs across from the campsite. The Tarn cut its way through these over millennia.

IMG_20230614_165748266_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230614_165531818.jpg

We holed up in the van. As quickly as it blew up, it had gone.

The sun returned. The birds began to sing. The hoopoe that visited earlier didn't return but we can hear its call. It sounds like it is calling out its name.

To see us through to dinner tonight's snack is camembert, but as we have no bread, we had to make do with crisps.

We also looked at the journey tomorrow. Our next two-nighter is in Saint-Nectaire. It's not that far and will be quicker using the A75 toll free motorway.

Into the journey I have built-in a couple of Beaux Villages that aren't too far into the mountains. More about and of them tomorrow.

The weather forecast tomorrow looks good.

Dinner tonight looks like lasagne. The site restaurant does snacks but not on Wednesdays. What day is it?

More of the French Sangria to wash the food down.

IMG_20230614_190807211_HDR.jpg

Walkies time to scope out how tight it will be to get on the motorhome service area. It looks as though there is only one way in along a more gravelled roadway. Then back in. After my brush with the hedge last week....

IMG_20230614_203911418_HDR-1.jpg
IMG_20230614_204314313_HDR.jpg

Apart from the weather this has been a good stop. It has cost €36.80 for two nights inc EHU and local taxe de sejour, booked with ACSI.

Until tomorrow.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
3 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

Alan Kerr,