Days 10 & 11

Day 10
Did nothing. Ate the pre-ordered baguette with the super glutinous Camembert.

Day 11

Time to leave Saint Nectaire. Today we should be ending the day at Camping Confluents in Migennes to the north west of Auxerre.

As usual I had built in a couple of Beaux Villages to the non-toll journey.

We had to retrace our steps back to the A75 and so I pulled into the Intermarché at Champeix again to fill the tank. Last time we just went into the store. It's still the cheapest diesel around this area according to the two apps on my phone.

Anyway. The plan was still to stay off toll and take the A75 to Clermont-Ferrand and then the D2009 towards Vichy.

Between Gannat and a quick shop at an Intermarché an St-Pourçain the road was closed and Ohrex sussed the deviation before it was signposted.

Once on the N7 we had dual carriageway and could knock off a few miles. I do rend to stick as close to the limits but 80kmh for hours is mind numbing.

We stopped at the services at Magny-Cours for a coffee. The parking full of Polish vans on a rest period. Or rather having a BBQ and beers.

The circuit is quite close and you can hear the engines as bikes were racing.

I snapped a few photos on my phone.

IMG_20230617_145528455_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230617_144544143.jpg
IMG_20230617_145926649_HDR.jpg

Then off to the Beaux Village at Vézelay. The N151 from the N7 to Clamecy had to be the straightest most boring road in the area.

IMG-20230617-WA0002.jpg

Time was getting on and I missed the entrance to the parking area that could accommodate a Moho. We headed up through the "new town" and Claire clicked away on my Canon DSLR. Pics another time.

Ohrex and Claire then decided that as we had an arrival time at the campsite of 1825 that we should go via motorway. We ended up on the A6. Yep. Toll!

This meant that we rolled up just after 1805 at the campsite. Checked in and were quickly setup. Snacks and beers 🍻 to be had...

IMG-20230617-WA0005.jpg

16870245181327854480540452088400.jpg

Only one problem. The next door rugby club has an event on, and they seem to have a van with its fridge running. Hopefully not all-night....

Tomorrow? One more one nighter at Bray sur Somme.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

Rhino Installs
“AS