Day 7

So here we are having lunch in the Camping-Car parking in La Couvertoirade.

We didn't get up until late. It was hot and sticky again overnight. So no sleeping bags just sheets used again.

We packed up and it was around 11am when we rolled. First stop Carrefour on the outskirts of Béziers for supplies and whilst there I topped up the fuel tank again. Here was the cheapest we have since we arrived in France.

Then up the A75. When I was planning I forgot that this was free all except for the Millau Viaduct.

It's also the entrance to the Massif. We climbed up and up. The range on the dashboard went from a high of 694 miles to 440! This will go up again when we go downhill!

The village costs €4 to park. I didn't see for how long. A French van near us seems to be setup for the night... Levellers, roll-out awning out and all campsite behaviour.

The village itself is marvellous. Built around the 13th century Templar castle.

Screenshot_20230613-150053-982.png

IMG-20230613-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230613-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230613-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20230613-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230613-WA0005.jpg

From here we head for the campsite at Millau.

Once we had eaten. For those interested in the eating habits of others, fresh baguette 🥖, Tomme de Savoie cheese and ham on. Very nice.

When paying to park you get a ticket with a bar code. On exit the barrier bollard takes the ticket and that's the last you see of it ..

Ohrex wanted us to go left but being a know all after seeing the map I went right. That was actually wrong. The junction on the A75 that I was aiming for was closed for roadworks.

But before that the thunder that was forecast daily since Wednesday arrived. Reggie went mad. Then it seemed to pass. About a mile down the road it began to rain. When I say rain I mean monsoon level. The road surface turned into a river in seconds. There was nowhere to stop safely and so I carried on at around 25mph.

IMG-20230613-WA0006.jpg

It lasted for around 10 minutes and then cleared.

By the time we came into Millau it was dry. The view of the Viaduct was stunning. I have been over it but as an experience I can't say it was that exciting.

From the viewpoint on the D809 it is simply amazing with Millau nestled under the massive cliffs of the Tarn Gorge.

It was drizzling when we checked in. We had a drive around and chose a pitch (45) overlooking the river.

With heavier rain due and a grass pitch we ended up backing in. The side windows will provide the view. I thought that it was safer to be only a metre or so to the gravel track!!

IMG-20230613-WA0007.jpg

Not long after setting up... The skies darkened and it started to lash down. Quick get stuff from getting wet. Roof lights closed!

Now we can see where the river gets its water from!!!😄😄😄

IMG-20230613-WA0008.jpg

And so for dinner. Listening to a French FM station. Tonight's culinary delight is a tin of cassoulet, baguette followed by the cheese course.

Tonight's cheese will be some of the Tomme and maybe Bleu our Brebis. Washed down with a local version of Sangria!

Tomorrow? Who knows. It all depends on the weather ....

Latest reviews

great informations

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
3 min read
Views
Reviews
Last update