Day 5

Day 5

With our next stop only about 150 miles away we had a lie in until 0830.

Our neighbours had been chatting since around 0600... At least the party animals up in the lodges had given up after a day on the sauce at around midnight. So much for camp rules to be quiet after 2200.

The plan was to go across to Albon to fill the tank at E Leclerc as the FillGo app showed it the cheapest for mike's around.

As it was Sunday, the shop itself is only open to 1230. It was packed. So was the Lidl car-park nearby.

After tanking up we set of for a Beaux Village at Mirmand on the N7 south of Valence. Some two and a half hours after leaving the campsite we were still some 45 minutes away. The N7 is murder. ETA was 1320.

We decided to abort and "come back another time" which we hardly ever do.

So it was the péage again. The A7 past Orange and Avignon. We stopped for lunch at a services in a really nice picnic area. Loads of moho and caravans. A coach party of school kids were enjoying themselves, running about and visits to one of the rubbish bin?

Gas on. Gas off.

Then off again, onto the A9 towards Nimes. Another stop at 1530 for Reggie's dinner. At this one I bought some world famous Montelimar sweet treat. We know it as "nuggit"! Not the sickly pink and white stuff from the sweetshop though.... Plus two lattes.

Tonight and for two nights we are at Camping Paradis La Brise Camargue near Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer.

We arrived at about 1700 (!) and joined the "with bookings" queue. We were behind a Belgian van with a Royal Enfield Bullet and sidecar on a trailer. Photo?

It took a while and we had to show the ACSI card. The rate tonight is €23 per night.

We were allocated pitch 104. But if we didn't like it the receptionist said go where you like.... In a large area of pitches.

Pitches seem to be in a group of six separated from another six with hedges. Pitch 104 was at the back of that side's row of three. We drove around, suffering from pitch anger, until we alighted on pitch 178.

I had been expecting some mozzies and have the "Cutter" spray that stopped them dead in Florida. But we were immediately covered in tiny little flies. So was Reggie.

We setup anyway. This time I even pegged out the groundsheet and used the Fiamma tie-downs on the roll out. Mistral?

By the time I had finished I had the first mozzie bite. Belatedly i doused exposed areas in Jungle anti-mozzie roll on. So far so good.

We had a stroll to reception to tell them that we had moved. Visited the shop and checked out the stage.

Then the beach. Dogs are allowed on "to the left" of the back gate to the site. It looks a long way along a very sandy road. Opposite the gate are "no dogs" signs. Maybe check it out tomorrow?

Dinner this evening was a hotch-potch of stuff we had left over and a quiche from Leclerc...

The thunderstorm that have been forecast all week we have been in France appeared from over the sea and seemed to pass us by. A few booms to annoy Reg and that was it.

Windows and roof vents all open with the flyscreens across. It's sticky at the moment and almost time for bed.

Tomorrow? R&R? Or pack
up a go somewhere less mozzie filled!!!!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
3 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

“AS
Rhino Installs