The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (71 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's on hookup but I switched the thing I think is the charger off last night. Just incase it was causing any issues
Yes I think that looks like the original charger but not 100% sure, the bit of board in front on your previous phot doesn't look original so wondering if there is something else behind there as well.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's the control panel power supply.
That wasn't the one that had melted Just smiffy is confusing it with another fuse that had blown for lights. The one for the control panel I blew because I touched a spanner on the live terminal to the floor brackets in the garage. One of those brackets goes right over the battery box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone know if we still get our funster discount from fogstar over and above their current sale prices?

At the minute the fogstar drift 230ah is £596 and the 300ah is £722 both on sale

If we get 10% off that I'd be more tempted .

As the 300ah would work out around £650

£109 for a victron solar controller and domestic 400watt solar panel from city plumbing is £56 ...if I have space I'm going to fit 2 of those ... so I'd maybe need a second controller. ( possibly removed from moby )
Have you considered one of these get good reviews

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
That wasn't the one that had melted Just smiffy is confusing it with another fuse that had blown for lights. The one for the control panel I blew because I touched a spanner on the live terminal to the floor brackets in the garage. One of those brackets goes right over the battery box.
Can I ask a rookie question?! Our control panel was beeping randomly in France but when on EHU didn't seem to do it. Where would I find the control panel battery? If our Arto has one? 🙈

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
As for the Lithium/Gel debate as you are now full timing in it I would think Lithium is the way to go.
The Fogstar Driff has better cells although the Bluetooth may not always give accurate results it's not bad if you understand whats going on.
If you go for the Eco you will need to spend £100 on a Shunt as with Lithium no other way of knowing the state of your batteries, the voltage curve is too flat to get an idea of state of charge by reading the voltage.
I think either option I would be fitting a shunt the apps are crap.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Does anyone know if we still get our funster discount from fogstar over and above their current sale prices?

At the minute the fogstar drift 230ah is £596 and the 300ah is £722 both on sale

If we get 10% off that I'd be more tempted .

As the 300ah would work out around £650

£109 for a victron solar controller and domestic 400watt solar panel from city plumbing is £56 ...if I have space I'm going to fit 2 of those ... so I'd maybe need a second controller. ( possibly removed from moby )
Would it be possible to incorporate some of the redundant wirng to the sat dish for the solar panels

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert

Here you go. It’s 120Ah, but will see you through until you want to expand?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Here you go. It’s 120Ah, but will see you through until you want to expand?
Yeah I saw that .. other side of the country though unfortunately

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK we have the fridge out and turned upside down .
20240901_110915_copy_1209x1612.jpg

I've given it a bit of a shake and a wobble , Just smiffy seems to think we should hear something, burbling or whatever, and we can't. For those who tried this did you hear any burbling? There's no smell of anything as far as I can see and no visible signs of any leaks . The elements on the back are rusty as always as the powder coating has flaked off here and there but looks better than most of my previous vans fridges did.

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
OK we have the fridge out and turned upside down . View attachment 942943

I've given it a bit of a shake and a wobble , Just smiffy seems to think we should hear something, burbling or whatever, and we can't. For those who tried this did you hear any burbling? There's no smell of anything as far as I can see and no visible signs of any leaks . The elements on the back are rusty as always as the powder coating has flaked off here and there but looks better than most of my previous vans fridges did.
If u have an airline,give everything a good blow out 👍

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Wondered what weird musical instrument Just smiffy was about to play then realised it was the hoover.
See if you can give the fridge a bit of a shake or lay it down on either side before putting it back upside down.
If you don't do the lithium now you will regret it in the future. Yes I know it's more than you want to spend now but 'why spoil the ship for a ha'puth of tar'

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I forgot about that one .. Will need to have a look and see what bulb it is
I used a 2 x pin G4 (warm white) capsule LED bulb, as I did on all those over the vanity area mirrors, but using bright white bulbs. (y) The difference was amazing, and pleases the Boss who uses the mirrors far more than I need to. :LOL:

Yes that's it ..so going by that the leisure battery it's full.
But what does it read an hour after unplugging the EHU?

BTW Tam, those two switches on the bottom row of the panel, need to be off if not required, (or are optional equipment), especially the Duo Control anti frost heaters.
Where would I find the control panel battery? If our Arto has one? 🙈
If it's the same panel, on the PCB at the rear of the panel. I have just replaced ours with a genuine Varta one. I was alerted that they can leak over time, causing damage to the PCB. :(

smiffy. That's not a Turkish pipe your about to suck on Garry. :LOL:

1725187506005.png

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Yes I think both Just smiffy and i's initially thoughts are it's the batteries causing the issue.

I'm still undecided whether to go for 2 Gels or fit a lithium battery in it.

I'm kinda holding off till I see how much the other repairs are going to cost first lol.

My thought is IF the generator does work and provides me with a back up then 2 gels , a b2b and at least 400w of solar through a victron mppt may remove my need for lithium .....or do I just fit Lithium now so its done and dusted.

Just fit this… give virtually the same capacity as a pair of gels and 1/3rd of the weight. ✔️

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Might be a good idea to ask around for someone who can check/repair the fridge, now that it's out. You can take it to him. Gary probably knows someone and has already considered it. Good luck to you both

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Did i ought to replace my battery with the varta?
Not necessarily, but I opted for the best there is, at around the same price as the non Varta above. It's not a battery I think will need replacing again during our ownership. ;)

I found a couple of photos for you. :)

1725189684595.jpeg

1725189710784.jpeg

Cheers,

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Not necessarily, but I opted for the best there is, at around the same price as the non Varta above. It's not a battery I think will need replacing again during our ownership. ;)

I found a couple of photos for you. :)

View attachment 942961

View attachment 942962

Cheers,

Jock, if this battery is gone on the control panel on tams van what are the consequences of it… we have changed the hab battery for only one battery but it is a known good fully charged one and we are getting the same symptoms as he got last night with the panel going off as soon as he turns it on…🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back