The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (133 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right so a few updates from today.

First up this morning we had to sort out the leaking taps as I just couldn't use the water etc .

I was planning to just replace the complete tap but it seemed a waste as they original reich taps are in as new condition they just leaked internally.
But thanks to JockandRita suggestion and previous experience of least tap in their flare I sourced 2 new ceramic cartridges from screwfix for the grand sum of Ā£9.68 and Just smiffy put the bathroom one back together while I dismantled and rebuilt the kitchen one , bit of a wash and polish up and they're as new. We then checked the rest of the plumbing for leaks , fortunately found none and proceeded to then test the Alde boiler , I must admit I expected problems with that but it gave just one click and flash of the led on the control panel and away it went .... 10 minutes later I had boiling hot water and heat around the van . No signs of any leaks from that either thankfully . So I will have my first shower in the camper tonight šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰.

After that time was getting on and Just smiffy went off to collect a bike carrier bargain off gumtree and I proceeded to give the van a good hoover out to get all the mess left by mice and spiders webs etc out .. that alone makes a big difference. Then left to my own devices I pulled out all the satellite box and tons of wiring from the wardrobe that the previous owner had installed . I don't need the satellite stuff as I'm removing the dish to make way for solar .

So my wardrobe is now back to original and nice and tidy . And then gave the bathroom and bedroom area a good wipe down and polish .. so that part of the van is now lovely .

A few photos of the bedroom and en suite bathroom Barriesimpson

It does have bathroom doors they're just different to give a nice big spacious bathroom which I love . Every previous van I've had bar the frankia the toilet gas been uncomfortable for a guy my size. This one is pure luxury and one of my main desires for a new van .
20240831_204055_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240831_204110_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240831_204130_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240831_204206_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240831_204241_copy_1612x1209.jpg

I know it's personal taste but I love the warm wood in this van , I'm not keen on the modern vans with white cabinets etc ,for me they look too clinical , I've always loved wood and I think it's warm and homely looking.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Jesus's, does anyone read the previous posts? That's about the fourth comment on the thread title. I'm going to have an early night before there's another. Oh, wait a minute, I'll carry on tomorrow from where I left off so I'll still bloody see them!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I also had another look on the roof , it's filthy and there's moss growing round everything. That satellite dish will be removed tomorrow afternoon while Just smiffy is watching the grand prix , and I'll start cleaning the roof over the next few days if it's dry weather. The aircon unit also needs checked out as at the moment I can't get it to turn on the panel is completely blank so not sure if it still works . If it doesn't it will be removed and a heki skylight installed in its place.
20240831_160434_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240831_160438_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240831_160443_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240831_160445_copy_1612x1209.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And in the morning we will be removing the fridge and trying the standing it upside down trick to see if it works. Fingers crossed it does as the fridge is in impeccable condition for 20 years old . Cleanest unstained one I've had and with no parts missing

20240831_183556_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240831_183603_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Iā€™ve been following the Turkey thread every day Tam watching the progress you and Garry have made with Doc. Nothing but admiration for the work you have done so far and for your determination to sort out all the issues. Garry is a good friend to have and Iā€™m sure you will both sort out Doc over the coming days/weeks. He kindly fit a solar panel to my little van in June.
Good luck with your adventures.

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
It's lovely Tam. I had a Burstner with a similar bathroom layout. Brilliant dressing room, and you can keep the dogs out. No cold noses investigating your private bits after a shower lol.
Once you've got it sorted out, it will be an ideal full-time home.
I still have my Toby, 5 years now, and pretty good for one person. Doesn't stop me looking though! I would like a proper garage. Or a PVC, depending on my mood.

Good luck with the repairs snd modifications.

Karen

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Love the layout of the front part and the van looks in good condition all things considered. I would change the blue upholstery to a lighter colour although I do like blue. The woodwork is gorgeous, soo rich and warm.

Anything that has been nibbled can be put right and you are the man to do it!!
Iā€™ve lived with blue leather bar layout for over 20 years still love it šŸ„°
I really like the blue leather , being a single bloke I'm put off by any overly feminine interiors. I love the look of the cream leather etc but it would be filthy in any van I owned with 4 dogs and I'd be worried about stains from wet jeans etc. The blue really suits it I think and the curtains are also nice ...not sure they're original though .

I have removed the carpets though as they're old. Sun bleached in places and worn .. and with dogs they'd be hairy in a week . I am however planning to keep them and I'll store them in one of the lockers once they've been hoovered and power washed. They may clean up but if not I may use them as templates and have new ones made up from more hard-wearing dog friendly carpet.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Your threads are my ā€œgo toā€ every day while I have my morning cuppa. Iā€™m looking forward to watching your progress.
I have a couple of comments on the way you have made the bed!
1. The pillows are at the end where the window is. If you are sitting up in bed, wonā€™t your back damage the blinds?
2. Matron says you must improve your hospital corners.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Your threads are my ā€œgo toā€ every day while I have my morning cuppa. Iā€™m looking forward to watching your progress.
1. The pillows are at the end where the window is. If you are sitting up in bed, wonā€™t your back damage the blinds?
Now he will be really confused as there is a window at both ends ;)

And the alarm clock and switch for the low level lights is at that end as well, and.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Window at both ends .. that's the end with the reading lights etc. Can't sit up as cabinets above

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well in true Doc fashion I was sat here writing a reply and all the lights and control panel went off . 12v power is all off. If I remove the fuse for the control panel and re insert it everything comes on for 2 secs and then goes off again . 240v is unaffected. Too dark to do anything so I've borrowed a table lamp from Just smiffy and will need to look at it tomorrow.

Very strange as lights have been on for hours with no issues then boom everything off.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thatā€™s what you call build quality. Love it.
Absolutely Phil, and we love ours too. :)

I know it's personal taste but I love the warm wood in this van , I'm not keen on the modern vans with white cabinets etc ,for me they look too clinical , I've always loved wood and I think it's warm and homely looking.
So do we Tam, and like you we aren't keen on the modern trend of white interiors either. :(

That's the fantastic vent above the kitchen which is suitably named as its a really good fan .
As well as extraction, they are excellent for bringing in the cooler air overnight, making for a better night's sleep. We've used ours more in the 4.5 years of ownership, than the roof air con in the Hymer we owned for 15 x years. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

And the alarm clock and switch for the low level lights is at that end as well, and.
Martin, was it you who told me that the low level lights were quite power hungry, unlike modern LEDs?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Well in true Doc fashion I was sat here writing a reply and all the lights and control panel went off . 12v power is all off. If I remove the fuse for the control panel and re insert it everything comes on for 2 secs and then goes off again . 240v is unaffected. Too dark to do anything so I've borrowed a table lamp from Just smiffy and will need to look at it tomorrow.

Very strange as lights have been on for hours with no issues then boom everything off.
That's why I always keep a battery powered reading lamp in the van, but I bet you had more than one in Moby by the looks of the stuff you took out at Just smiffy place :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back