The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (144 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Right , we connected one of the other batteries back up and it made no difference. I removed the control panel and yes that small battery has leaked or corroded so I'll order one of those. However as I get no gas or anything with the panel off I cleaned the small battery just now and refitted the panel. Tried switching it on... the first 2 attempts it just beeped and went off again but 3rd time it stayed on and is still on at the minute will see how that fairs. I've got EHU back on and charger connected to recharge batteries but they still showing 13+ volts so I think they're OK just now and it's either that battery on control panel causing probs or something else

I did find put though that the satellite system was wired direct to batteries and I've now removed that cable .. so only the power cables now running ro the batteries from the electric boxes in big locker so I'm wondering why they have the batteries si far away and can I relocate battery to inside that big locker next to the charger.

So for now the panel is on I'll see how that goes overnight , I'll order a battery for the controller. The fridge is upside down till tomorrow. Just smiffy is watching gran prix and I'm going on roof after lunch to remove satellite dish

Oh and that short arse scratched me new van 😭😭😭 nae patience he has .

That big box is definitely charger and not an inverter View attachment 943033View attachment 943035

Photo of electrics for Lenny HB

View attachment 943036

Photo of battery in control panel View attachment 943037View attachment 943044

I've not had a chance to read all comments etc so if I've missed any ill get them later
Two black boxes bottom right of first picture, any names on as I have not seen them before, I don’t see why you couldn’t put batteries in the big side locker as under the floor in the garage will limit your choice severely, if you are going to have an inverter that would be good in there as well then you just need to work out a route for the solar cables, bothe battery connections are in that locker as well so would all be quite handy.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Two black boxes bottom right of first picture, any names on as I have not seen them before, I don’t see why you couldn’t put batteries in the big side locker as under the floor in the garage will limit your choice severely, if you are going to have an inverter that would be good in there as well then you just need to work out a route for the solar cables, bothe battery connections are in that locker as well so would all be quite handy.
The two black boxes ...one is central locking and its been unplugged for some reason. Will look in to that later.

Yeah battery in that locker makes more sense to me .. there's already a hole in the roof above wardrobe where satellite came in so I thought I'd just bring cables in there and through middle floor to inside that locker

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Splash the cash Tam

Roger and Nigel will sort you out at Offgrid Power Solutions, big lithium and a multiplus II with a roof full of solar

Get all the old stuff out and bin it and you’ll be self sufficient for as long as you want

They’ll even let you do as much as you want then finish it off

Do it right, do it once 👍

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Tam get some contact cleaner
And go over the whole control panel with a good amount. Unplugged of course. My Hymer was playing up when I first got it. Used contact cleaner and it sorted all the problems out. Yours has been lying for a long time.
Give it a try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I wonder what the story behind this van is ?

Why would anyone leave a very expensive 8 year old top of the range motorhome sitting in a barn for the next 12 years ?
12 years ago it could have been sold for a six figure sum as an 8 year old motorhome in very good condition.
Now after 12 years of storage fees and zero use I doubt Tam paid even a quarter of the value it once held.

I also wonder about the strange 'office' set up in the layout.
It looks like it was designed to run an office of some type with the accommodation as a secondary option.
Possibly some sort of race official ?
I wonder if things like the cooker and bed have ever been used ?

(For example our van when we got it had was nearly 2 years old, had 6,500 miles on the clock, the carpets and TV were worn out, but the the cooker and mattresses still were covered in plastic as they had never been used, but we know why)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Took the interior trim off the big skylight today and that extra panel that someone had fitted around it . To be honest I expected it to be worse under there . There's a few slight watermarks but I might be able to make them better , gotta be better than that unsightly panel.

I suspect the skylight is knackered though as far as electric goes.. they're not cheap though so again unless I can pick up a second hand manual one I might have to just leave it closed all the time. Anyone know If they're all standard size?
20240901_145931_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240901_145936_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240901_145946_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It looks like it was designed to run an office of some type with the accommodation as a secondary option.
Tam had one like that before , about 3 or 4 vans back. :laughing: It had a lowered rear floor for computer operations & more electricity than the a power station

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Why would anyone leave a very expensive 8 year old top of the range motorhome sitting in a barn for the next 12 years ?
12 years ago it could have been sold for a six figure sum as an 8 year old motorhome in very good condition.
Now after 12 years of storage fees and zero use I doubt Tam paid even a quarter of the value it once held.

(For example our van when we got it had was nearly 2 years old, had 6,500 miles on the clock, the carpets and TV were worn out, but the the cooker and mattresses still were covered in plastic as they had never been used, but we know why)

It’s the same reason that you see old cars rotting on peoples driveways… there’s quite a few around my way that have perfectly good motors covered in green moss down the side of the house, probably the same reason why “poor farmers” have machinery rotting in fields…

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007

Yes, I noticed the office desk look, not a dining table:unsure: edited to say I liked it as I would use it to work on my laptop (y)

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I can’t see office layout this was very normal,and if I was buying anew morelo or concord flair I’d want the bar layout it suits us and our previous van had the same layout. The 2 front seats turn round making a nice social space.
IMG_0362.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I

Also removed the satellite dish and gave the roof a bit of a clean . Will have to give it a detailed wash under all the skylights etc but got a lot of it cleaned

View attachment 943192View attachment 943193View attachment 943194View attachment 943195View attachment 943196View attachment 943197
Looking so much better already!! I am impressed. 👍🏼

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

The layout is standard for this van, we bought one a couple of years newer than this about 12 years ago, it was the 3 litre so more desirable/expensive but we paid less than half of what you think it would be worth.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

The second owner a Mr David George bought the van in 2008 , he wasn't in good health , sometime mid 2012 he was too unwell to use it. It went in to his large barn/shed and despite many people offering to buy it he hung on to it hoping he'd be well enough again to use it. In 2021 he was going to sell it .. it got motd etc and then he changed his mind and it went back in the barn till October 2023 . It was then again motd , serviced and a hab check done on it . And the dealer I bought it from bought it on 22/01/24

And he never used it either.

It did less than 100 miles between 2012 and 2023 .

Being parked indoors gas preserved it somewhat and it will mostly clean up good on the outside with just a few areas requiring paintwork .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam had one like that before , about 3 or 4 vans back. :laughing: It had a lowered rear floor for computer operations & more electricity than the a power station
Thar was the one I had last year and took to morroco . It had been modified

This one however is factory produced and is one of the most sought after layouts . I would have preferred the 2 sofa version but I like the bar style too .

I would have liked the front seats to swivel also but they are on a different level to the rear seating .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can’t see office layout this was very normal,and if I was buying anew morelo or concord flair I’d want the bar layout it suits us and our previous van had the same layout. The 2 front seats turn round making a nice social space.
My front seats don't swivel unfortunately.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000

If you read back through the winter trip thread the history as best is known of the van is on there

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Also removed the satellite dish and gave the roof a bit of a clean . Will have to give it a detailed wash under all the skylights etc but got a lot of it cleaned

View attachment 943192View attachment 943193View attachment 943194View attachment 943195View attachment 943196View attachment 943197
Looking good(y) next time you are up there check the joint where the front cap meets the roof, it is Sikaflex or something similar but then it is taped over with something that looks like a foil backed bitumen tape and it is supposed to be changed/replaced every few years, I did ours with Eternabond RV tape which has something like a 25 year lifespan.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Plenty of lovely roof space for some mega solar panels (y)
Have you thought about putting them on tilting frames [ I think Martin jumar has at least one that tilts ]
I'm sure I've seen a similar desk layout in another A Class

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back