The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (112 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Absolutely Phil, and we love ours too. :)

So do we Tam, and like you we aren't keen on the modern trend of white interiors either. :(

As well as extraction, they are excellent for bringing in the cooler air overnight, making for a better night's sleep. We've used ours more in the 4.5 years of ownership, than the roof air con in the Hymer we owned for 15 x years. 🤷‍♂️

Martin, was it you who told me that the low level lights were quite power hungry, unlike modern LEDs?

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Actually I should have said light as I think it is just the one in the step, they call it the "dog light" I believe, but yes it would be relatively power hungry hungry as it was about the only one not changed to LED in yours, the fairy lights around the top of the cupboards might be a bit on the hungry side as well I think.

May 29, 2022
Taunton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller team TLine743
Exp
Since 2020
I’ve been following in the background for a while now, just wanted to say good luck and can’t wait to see your progress with Doc. You are blessed with skilled and talented friends to help you, they are so supportive of you which can only result in a fabulous end result. You’ll get there. ♥️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think it does that on low battery voltage, it gradually shuts down the circuits that are less important, but you are going to tell us you are plugged in and voltage is OK no doubt ;)
Yeah it's on hook up. But maybe the batteries I borrowed have given up

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Yeah it's on hook up. But maybe the batteries I borrowed have given up
It’s a safety feature, cuts non essential power when battery low.
I’d stick it on charge over night as the borrowed battery might not be top notch.
On you fridge issue, when you get it pulled out or even through the vents, check all the pcb boards for oxidation issues as those model 7 and 8 are known for this. Any lack of good clean connections and you get al sorts of issues.

From an old thread on mhf you can take out the sos fuse which I’d say forces the panel to ignore the low volts trigger.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Right so a few updates from today.

First up this morning we had to sort out the leaking taps as I just couldn't use the water etc .

I was planning to just replace the complete tap but it seemed a waste as they original reich taps are in as new condition they just leaked internally.
But thanks to JockandRita suggestion and previous experience of least tap in their flare I sourced 2 new ceramic cartridges from screwfix for the grand sum of £9.68 and Just smiffy put the bathroom one back together while I dismantled and rebuilt the kitchen one , bit of a wash and polish up and they're as new. We then checked the rest of the plumbing for leaks , fortunately found none and proceeded to then test the Alde boiler , I must admit I expected problems with that but it gave just one click and flash of the led on the control panel and away it went .... 10 minutes later I had boiling hot water and heat around the van . No signs of any leaks from that either thankfully . So I will have my first shower in the camper tonight 🎉🎉🎉🎉.

After that time was getting on and Just smiffy went off to collect a bike carrier bargain off gumtree and I proceeded to give the van a good hoover out to get all the mess left by mice and spiders webs etc out .. that alone makes a big difference. Then left to my own devices I pulled out all the satellite box and tons of wiring from the wardrobe that the previous owner had installed . I don't need the satellite stuff as I'm removing the dish to make way for solar .

So my wardrobe is now back to original and nice and tidy . And then gave the bathroom and bedroom area a good wipe down and polish .. so that part of the van is now lovely .

A few photos of the bedroom and en suite bathroom Barriesimpson

It does have bathroom doors they're just different to give a nice big spacious bathroom which I love . Every previous van I've had bar the frankia the toilet gas been uncomfortable for a guy my size. This one is pure luxury and one of my main desires for a new van . View attachment 942720View attachment 942721View attachment 942722View attachment 942723View attachment 942724

I know it's personal taste but I love the warm wood in this van , I'm not keen on the modern vans with white cabinets etc ,for me they look too clinical , I've always loved wood and I think it's warm and homely looking.
Beautiful job. Love the bathroom layout. Larger than our Dethleffs but same idea.

The front layout is like our Hymer Starline 650 we had with the bar layout. Always wanted to cut that table down but not being diy ers left it.

Your home will be fantastic when jobs done.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh your van has my mum’s initials DDL. She died this May and I’ve not started to process it yet. She bought us our PVC - DRV are the last 3 letters - I always remember it as Delia’s RV 💔
Yes that's why he's called Doc Do Little

First name PNO4 (noah) 🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s a safety feature, cuts non essential power when battery low.
I’d stick it on charge over night as the borrowed battery might not be top notch.
On you fridge issue, when you get it pulled out or even through the vents, check all the pcb boards for oxidation issues as those model 7 and 8 are known for this. Any lack of good clean connections and you get al sorts of issues.

From an old thread on mhf you can take out the sos fuse which I’d say forces the panel to ignore the low volts trigger.
Been on hookup since last night , batteries were showing 13.4 volts all day. But the charger is weird it's like an inverter charger . I've switched that off for now as seems to be constantly on

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I don't think you will stick to that, wait till winter sets in as dogs keep you so warm:giggle:(y)
I've stuck to it since February only milo was getting in the bed but that stops now too ...its too high for any of them to jump in and I've a door to close it off. To be honest the other 3 aren't fussed only milo objects but he will cope. I want my bedroom and bathroom hair free.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK dokey so I got up this morning control panel was completely blank , went to make a coffee no gas as the gas valve is electronic so it was shut down . Went to put front blind up ...couldn't as its powered from leisure batteries lol.

I thought I'd try button on control panel and on it came lights and all . Switched all the lights off , opened front blind , opened gas valve .. panel is still on

Battery voltages read
Engine battery 12.9
Leisure batteries 13.1

The charger is currently switched off , did that last night incase it had caused the problem.

So I'm wondering what caused the panel to shut down?
I only had the under cabinet fairy lights on and the one Halogen light . Which isn't a lot. Nothing else was on.

It didn't blow the fuse for the control panel or anything.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I cannae be having it do that every night. Its mad that it shuts down everything . I'd have been raging if I'd not got my coffee
New control panel and distribution unit will sort it only about £800 - £1000🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back