The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (73 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Hopefully you won't need it but could this be a replacement.
Unfortunately, not for me. The suggested Thetford is waaayy too tall. I’m after an under the counter possible replacement.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We put the microwave in the cupboard above the fridge and the TV at the front but we had a drop down bed so the TV was fixed under that.
And they are both there still doing the business Martin, though we did upgrade the TV. The eyes needed something larger than a 16 "screen for reading text.........even with the glasses on. 😂

Feckin 2 ... ridiculous price but its big truck blades on this , nowhere else had them . It was 3rd time lucky
Yep, I had toget mine from a Merc Truck Parts Dept.

Now I find them on ebay for £19.99 a pair. Might order a spare set if they're gonna be a pita to get .
Don't bin the old blades Tam. They polish up a treat, and with new rubber refills from a Motor Factor, and cut to length, they'll make an excellent spare pair. 👍

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Tam, apologies if I've lost it in the hundreds of posts, the genny has a gummed-up carb from the petrol evaporating you think? Take it fully apart (noting the settings of course), pack it up carefully complete with the jets and send it to me and I'll stick it thorough my ultrasonic heated cleaning tank if you want - that's what is always recommended for classic bike carbs that have suffered the same fate. Forget aerosols of carb cleaner, the varnish that evaporated petrol leaves behind gums up the passages within the carb, only an ultrasonic cleaner will shift them. Not always successful but worth a go, sounds better to me than some dodgy Chinese carb!
Or soak it overnight in thinners? That has always worked for me.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I buy mine from a truck spares place, usually better by telephone.

Its still surprises me that the internet is not always the cheapest place. I needed a length of flexible 16mm cable, one of the goto online cable suppliers were £7/m + carriage the local welding store were £3/m and I picked it up same day.
Always have to shop around, local has the benefit yiu can feel the quality!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Fingers crossed guys, if its any help, our brand new Dometic tall FF wouldn't get cold after bringing it home from the dealers, so I took it back and left the van with them as getting a Dometic engineer out inside 3 months was not possible here in Surrey. The dealer uses a mobile Dometic engineer who came straight out, spent a couple of hours checking it out and diagnosed it needed a complete new cooler unit. He left the van in the dealers yard plugged in to the EHU, and was astonished to find on his return 5 days later with the replacement parts that the FF was working, his temperature recordings suggested better than average.(y)
It was then I realised that I had parked it at home on our fairly steep driveway, the cooling fluid was not anywhere near level, so it could not start circulating properly somehow.
Therefore it took in excess of 4/5 days sat on level ground, with the power on before it started to circulate and work properly.
So maybe it will need to be given a good chance for the cooling fluid to find its natural level before it starts to circulate as it should.
Its worked fine ever since touch wood as I put it up on ramps to keep it level.
Good luck.
LES
PS: When on gas it would not stay alight for long as the burner thermostat was reaching temperature then shutting down, same on electric. Leaving it on level ground for a few days allowed the cooling fluid to settle level at the bottom where it should be.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Here I am again, checking in every hour or so to see if the fridge is sorted or has died!! Come on guys, less coffee and more work!!!😉😉
Yep so addictive, just stopped for a bite and a brew and had to check for updates. 🤞🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’s bad news I’m afraid the fridge has met its demise and I will be making arrangements for its disposal… flowers can be sent to my address and I’ll let you know when the visit to the dump is taking place…😞

It’s obvious that the fridge has Been out before and some tinkering has occurred, Tam even thinks that the fridge has been swapped but I’m not so sure….🤔

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Up
It’s bad news I’m afraid the fridge has met its demise and I will be making arrangements for its disposal… flowers can be sent to my address and I’ll let you know when the visit to the dump is taking place…😞

It’s obvious that the fridge has Been out before and some tinkering has occurred, Tam even thinks that the fridge has been swapped but I’m not so sure….🤔
Upwards and onwards , at least you wil not need a fridge for a while when you start with a new one, food is too expensive to let it go off, and buying kebabs all the time is bad for your body and for Mr wallet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Choices choices
New(ish) 3 way or electric only.
Looking to the future, I'd be tempted to look for a compressor one.
You've planned for lots of solar, pretty sure lithium is pencilled in... and if you can get the onboard gennie running, you've got limitless power

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Choices choices
New(ish) 3 way or electric only.
Looking to the future, I'd be tempted to look for a compressor one.
You've planned for lots of solar, pretty sure lithium is pencilled in... and if you can get the onboard gennie running, you've got limitless power
Compressor fridge is an absolute game changer, best thing we have ever put in ours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back