The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (69 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The thread was only started on Saturday and on page 14 already, I stopped travelling at that speed when I was 25! 😄
I know eh

You'd think by how popular my threads are and how much traffic they get that offgrid power solutions RogerIvy etc would be contacting me offering me a nice discount on some victron chargers and a lithium battery lol.

Not free but surely a nice discount 😁

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I know eh

You'd think by how popular my threads are and how much traffic they get that offgrid power solutions RogerIvy etc would be contacting me offering me a nice discount on some victron chargers and a lithium battery lol.

Not free but surely a nice discount 😁
I think they will supply and fit for free Tam, they will make it a showcase vehicle which can feature on their website, , I see at least space for 1200 lithium and 2000 solar just to start with😎😇🤷🏻‍♂️ RogerIvy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
I think they will supply and fit for free Tam, they will make it a showcase vehicle which can feature on their website, , I see at least space for 1200 lithium and 2000 solar just to start with😎😇🤷🏻‍♂️ RogerIvy
I would suggest a better solution would be for you to send Tam the money so he can pay OPS a proper rate for the work which they already discount for MF members. I would imagine that you can afford it better than they can while they are building and developing their business. £2.5 k should get it rolling and a further £2.5 k once the work is underway. Please let the forum know when you have sent Tam the money:LOL:

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I would suggest a better solution would be for you to send Tam the money so he can pay OPS a proper rate for the work which they already discount for MF members. I would imagine that you can afford it better than they can while they are building and developing their business. £2.5 k should get it rolling and a further £2.5 k once the work is underway. Please let the forum know when you have sent Tam the money:LOL:
I already offered Tam the deal of a lifetime, a very generous offer, enabling him to free up funds quickly so he can invest that in his new vehicle but you sound like a very generous person your self, Tam will be delighted with your help🤷🏻‍♂️😇

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Feckin 2 ... ridiculous price but its big truck blades on this , nowhere else had them . It was 3rd time lucky
I buy mine from a truck spares place, usually better by telephone.

Its still surprises me that the internet is not always the cheapest place. I needed a length of flexible 16mm cable, one of the goto online cable suppliers were £7/m + carriage the local welding store were £3/m and I picked it up same day.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I buy mine from a truck spares place, usually better by telephone.

Its still surprises me that the internet is not always the cheapest place. I needed a length of flexible 16mm cable, one of the goto online cable suppliers were £7/m + carriage the local welding store were £3/m and I picked it up same day.
Yes this was a local motor factors , opie oils didn't have them and their computer couldn't find my registration, entering the iveco model number brings up standard 24" blades which I'd already bought on line and the didn't fit. Too narrow where clip attaches. So we tried a car motor factor.. they had 28" blades but again too narrow, so went next door to a truck spares place and they had them .. but £34 a pair . Had no choice but to get them . Now I find them on ebay for £19.99 a pair. Might order a spare set if they're gonna be a pita to get .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can’t sleep worrying about your fridge,hope it works.
I swear I've not slept past 6am for about a month now worrying about bleedin vans , first moby and now this one .

Just smiffy is never up and ready before 10am lol .

So we will refitt the fridge this morning and try it. Hopefully it works

If not then I have found one in Newquay second hand , 5 years old ...works on gas but not 240v despite them replacing a few bits. I mainly use gas so it would work for me .. bit pricey but maybe room for negotiation.

Or I bite the bullet and fit a compressor fridge .. but I'm nervous about that and it would mean adapting the surrounding cabinet and the purist in me does like things to look fairly original so not sure about that either.

Anyway first thing first is to see if this one works , and I will also phone a couple of the local refrigerator repairers and see if it's something they'd consider looking at.

Must be able to repair them I'd have thought and seems a shame to junk it

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Meanwhile I've been spending a packet on ebay lol making a house a home.

New floor matts, new throw for sofa , 12v sockets for phone charging, TV plugs etc. New dog beds ...

The original carpets are faded and grubby. I'll keep hold off them after they've been power washed as they make good templates if I want New ones made later. But with dogs I think the anti slip matts are a better option as can lift them and take outside to clean easier.

Have to put something down as otherwise all the hair and dust goes down the hatches in to the floor storage.

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Great mindset you have Tam. You're fighting all the issues you have and are definitely winning. Keep going. I'll just remind people that you are on a budget, from your savings, not old enough for pensions and some of the suggestions people make are financially impossible for you.
Good luck pal and pass on my regards to whats his name, he's a true gentleman x

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
I swear I've not slept past 6am for about a month now worrying about bleedin vans , first moby and now this one .

If not then I have found one in Newquay second hand , 5 years old ...works on gas but not 240v despite them replacing a few bits. I mainly use gas so it would work for me .. bit pricey but maybe room for negotiation.

Or I bite the bullet and fit a compressor fridge .. but I'm nervous about that and it would mean adapting the surrounding cabinet and the purist in me does like things to look fairly original so not sure about that either.

Anyway first thing first is to see if this one works , and I will also phone a couple of the local refrigerator repairers and see if it's something they'd consider looking at.

Id be looking at a compressor fridge if i was replacing mine. With a new fridge there would be no worries about it packing in on a longer trip. Mind you that would cut pages and pages from a future blog😀

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
God that was some catching up 😠 two threads :unsure: we have been away up north for a job interview for the weekend and poor reception 😠 Anyway well done all of you (y). Tam, moby and Doc both look amazing 👏 as I have said previously you have been here before and won, and I'm confident you will again, well done again guys 💪💪💪

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
You do know that the Motorhomefun forums are going to crash under the pressure of everyone constantly refreshing this thread to find out if the fridge works or not. Only in the world of motorhomes would this generate so much suspense, and be so stressful. 🙄

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.

Mine had a fridge freezer like yours originally Tam but was replaced with 110 litre Waeco compressor then a cupboard made above it with a tambour door.

1725349512461.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mine had a fridge freezer like yours originally Tam but was replaced with 110 litre Waeco compressor then a cupboard made above it with a tambour door.

View attachment 943847
Yeah I'm sure I could sort something out with it if I had to .

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Hopefully you won't need it but could this be a replacement.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back