The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
My Transit has odd wipers.one 27" & other 20" but the chinese shops here sell 27&28 so worth a look when in spain
The problem Richard, is the width of the wiper arm connection, which a good few mm wider than that of cars and vans.
In Spain & Portugal, I had no problem finding the right length of blade, but too narrow to attach to the wiper arm. ;)

It’s bad news I’m afraid the fridge has met its demise
Bad luck Tam - shame about the fridge freezer!
Shame about the fridge :crying1:
Northernraider. That really is bad luck Tam. 😒 Better luck finding the right alternative for your requirements. 👍

Cheers,

Jock. :)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I've just found a possible compressor replacement for the under the counter Dometic RM8505. Unfortunately, it's also a Dometic and is eye-wateringly expensive.

Dometic NRX 130 - has almost identical dimensions but comes in at over £1200. Runs off 12V.

Domestic 230V under the counters are all too wide for the slot and would mean running the inverter 24/7.

I hope our absorption fridge lasts us a good while longer...:oops:

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I've just found a possible compressor replacement for the under the counter Dometic RM8505. Unfortunately, it's also a Dometic and is eye-wateringly expensive.

Dometic NRX 130 - has almost identical dimensions but comes in at over £1200. Runs off 12V.

Domestic 230V under the counters are all too wide for the slot and would mean running the inverter 24/7.

I hope our absorption fridge lasts us a good while longer...:oops:
Plenty copy ones available

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Gutted about the fridge, can't decide what to do.

I was just about to press the button on a fogstar drift 300ah lithium and order my chargers. But I never factored in a bleeding fridge replacement. If moby had been sold I might be in a better mindset but bit fed up 😒

Anyway I've been on roof rest of the day , I've resealed all 3 of the smaller skylights , the large skylight was fine , sealed round the aluminium plate that the satellite dish was on . Still need to cut the bolts off that then I'll spray it white.

Also resealed the rear spoiler on the roof as all that sealant had gone.

Bloody messy job I hate sealant. But once I've polished up and waxed the roof it should be nice and tidy up there. I've ordered new white butyl tape for the front seal as I think birds have been picking at that.

20240903_131525_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240903_150959_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240903_150952_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240903_151011_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240903_151014_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240903_151022_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Up
It’s bad news I’m afraid the fridge has met its demise and I will be making arrangements for its disposal… flowers can be sent to my address and I’ll let you know when the visit to the dump is taking place…😞

It’s obvious that the fridge has Been out before and some tinkering has occurred, Tam even thinks that the fridge has been swapped but I’m not so sure….🤔
Upwards and onwards , at least you wil not need a fridge for a while when you start with a new one, food is too expensive to let it go off, and buying kebabs all the time is bad for your body and for Mr wallet 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You’ve done a smashing job on the roof that should make you better .😊 Remember you have to bring the fridge through side window,make sure you don’t damage the hinges when you push it up out of the way.
Yeah not sure how I'm going to do thst either as Gary can't help with that job. But for now it's back in its place till I decide what I'm replacing it with.

I'm waiting on Emily from fogstar giving me my price for a 305ah fogstar drift battery.

Also waiting to hear back from the guy in Newquay who has a fridge.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sorry to hear about the fridge Tam. I hope you get sorted soon, but most on here are trying to persuade you to go for a compressor. Are they all wrong.!
Not wrong of course

My tame electrician uncle Lenny HB has been very quiet on the compressor fridge discussion so far.

I reckon though by the time I buy a battery , solar panel , controller, and a b2b plus cables I'm gonna be skint lol.

Not sure if 700 quid for a fridge is filling me with enthusiasm

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
To get the fridge out just dismantle it and pass it out to Smithy who can pile it up in his garden. 😂
Get a new compressor fridge and your lithium set up. Just fork out and you’re only doing it once. When Moby sells you will have your money back. Remember you bought this as a keeper and a home so get it right now instead of always changing things and wasting time and money which could be spent on more travels. 👍

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
Tam, I don't know why you won't give Motorhome Dept a try to sell moby. After all the help you've had with getting him sorted you would be in a far worse situation than now sorting him out on your own,we all want the best price for our vans but sometimes you have to face up to selling at a loss and I wouldn't want my van sitting around along time with me fretting about it. You can always say no to there valuation. Then zero stress 👍

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
You’ve done a smashing job on the roof that should make you better .😊 Remember you have to bring the fridge through side window,make sure you don’t damage the hinges when you push it up out of the way.
I don’t know whether the windows are the same as on our 2007 Hymer, but when our windows are pushed out fully to the horizontal, they can fall out of the top track. Don’t ask me how I know!

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
It’s bad news I’m afraid the fridge has met its demise and I will be making arrangements for its disposal… flowers can be sent to my address and I’ll let you know when the visit to the dump is taking place…😞

It’s obvious that the fridge has Been out before and some tinkering has occurred, Tam even thinks that the fridge has been swapped but I’m not so sure….🤔
Oh bugger :cry:

It was worth a try(y)

Cheers

Trevor

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I don't know why you won't give Motorhome Dept a try to sell moby. After all the help you've had with getting him sorted you would be in a far worse situation than now sorting him out on your own,we all want the best price for our vans but sometimes you have to face up to selling at a loss and I wouldn't want my van sitting around along time with me fretting about it. You can always say no to there valuation. Then zero stress 👍
Frankly because if I can't sell it for my asking price I guarantee they can't sell it for my price plus their commission. Its an old van and has a limited value.

There have been several folk on here regretted letting them try to sell theirs.

It will sell eventually.

Although I suspect most of the people watching it on ebay are people on here despite me asking folk if they wouldn't do it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I don’t know whether the windows are the same as on our 2007 Hymer, but when our windows are pushed out fully to the horizontal, they can fall out of the top track. Don’t ask me how I know!
If I've to take it out window I will take the window out the frame I think . Usually if you take the screws out the stays then lift the window as far as it goes it will come out the top slide

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
If I've to take it out window I will take the window out the frame I think . Usually if you take the screws out the stays then lift the window as far as it goes it will come out the top slide
Take off the heavy bits first....

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
Frankly because if I can't sell it for my asking price I guarantee they can't sell it for my price plus their commission. Its an old van and has a limited value.

There have been several folk on here regretted letting them try to sell theirs.

It will sell eventually.

Although I suspect most of the people watching it on ebay are people on here despite me asking folk if they wouldn't do it.
Sold my last van with them no problem at an agreed price with in a fortnight like I said you can always say no.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You need to make your mind up if you are going to fit Lithium.
More complicated now for you, the way you used to use the van a compressor fridge would have been ideal.
Now you are full timing winter becomes a problem with hardly any solar output in the UK but if you are always go south probably worth it.
If going the compressor route I would still fit 500 to 600 ah of Lithium.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back