Paul Merton motorhoming TV series (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Dunked him under by releasing the main sheet whilst he was out on the trapeze wire. More than a foot down, Coniston is very very cold. He deserved it for coming back into the van, ratarsed at about 0430…..

and not what you think.:wink:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Dunked him under by releasing the main sheet whilst he was out on the trapeze wire. More than a foot down, Coniston is very very cold. He deserved it for coming back into the van, ratarsed at about 0430…..

and not what you think.:wink:
What happens in Coniston, stays in Coniston. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Yep, but hardly surprising as they can't have failed to notice the extraordinary rush by first-timers to buy m/homes and those considering a purchase.
And now those saying" bugger this lark and selling"

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Thought it presented a positive spin - wrongly in my view, found it to to easy to park anywhere, the roads in the Lake District seemed much wider than I recall….and Paul Merton, in my opinion came across as a bit of a simpleton as well as rather dull. Maybe he should stick to his panel shows where he provides a good foil to others. I was slightly confused about the layout as from the shots of them driving there seemed to be the bathroom at the back with a view outside, or was it a mirror reflection - assuming the main double bed was across the back.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We hoped the 2nd show would be better, sadly not. Won't be watching any more.
Its very poor as a travel or entertainment show and the MH is just a side issue. Merton himself seems to be an afterthought. Very disappointing. As said, Suki is the only spark.
I wonder how much travelling and living they really did in the MH?

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
14 years with an RV
Thought it presented a positive spin - wrongly in my view, found it to to easy to park anywhere, the roads in the Lake District seemed much wider than I recall….and Paul Merton, in my opinion came across as a bit of a simpleton as well as rather dull. Maybe he should stick to his panel shows where he provides a good foil to others. I was slightly confused about the layout as from the shots of them driving there seemed to be the bathroom at the back with a view outside, or was it a mirror reflection - assuming the main double bed was across the back.
The wash basin, is at the foot of the island bed, with a wall dividing the bed from the basin.

Craig

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I'm enjoying watching it, but I've now found a new TV problem - when was it filmed? There's maskage and distancing sometimes but then not at others, some places are fully open but others are closed, people even meet inside sometimes. I can't help trying to figure out with this type of show when the rules permitted whatever they are doing. A sign of the times??

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Suki definitely holds it all together, Merton did appear to be « a bit slow » early onset of something !

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I think its a Roller Team Pegaso 740

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Pinch of salt is required to watch
if you read to much into it

you’ve lost the point of the program
It’s easy watching for wannabes campers

showed some pitfalls like bridges
and getting out to judge clearances

and maybe hedge cutting on some roads
better than crossroads and eastenders

:doh: :whistle2: :sun: :wink:

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
At last they seem to have realised there are arm rests on the front seats! Only one used by Paul however. Still waiting to see them waving to other motorhomers.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Merton did appear to be « a bit slow » early onset of something !
Complacency perhaps?

Or maybe he simply didn't want (as so often happens in T.V. progs) that the 'celebrity' Presenter becomes the entertainment. Luckily he (or the producer) was happy that he had the lovely Suki to hold it together and add interest and continuity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
At last they seem to have realised there are arm rests on the front seats! Only one used by Paul however. Still waiting to see them waving to other motorhomers.
Yes, that puzzled me.

I didn't spot either of them using the armrests whilst travelling - though might have missed it.

But seemed strange... :unsure:

Use ours all the time, whichever seat I'm in. :giggle:

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Without Suki the show would be a flop.
I'd say even with her it's hardly prime time viewing. Just a couple on holiday together and not doing very interesting stuff. "Coffee of tea with your breakfast?" Really?
I am a big fan of Paul Merton's comedy but he has barely raised a laugh in this programme.
Even the Susan Calman series was more entertaining and that's saying something.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Totally staged but made a good point

They stayed at Coniston Hall campsite - stayed there loads of times for the Osprey sailing open meeting at the sailing club which is about 100 metres away. I teabagged my still drunk crew off the trapeze wire there one morning to sober him up….
Oh err Missus, it’s a while since I was teabagged😂

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
more pointless rubbish about navigating to the kendal mint factory, followed the film crew to a pre arranged visit, and I dont think they drove the motorhome from kent to the lake district, think its just them turning up for filming after its all set up, why do they keep showing the same bit of film catching the mirror on the hedge

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I think its a Roller Team Pegaso 740
Yes, that's what I made it.

I looked up its registration on DVLA, and it's registered as 3500Kg max. That must be hard to maintain with two people, let alone with the four it's designed for. I see there's a bike rack included, but don't think there's enough payload for the bikes.

Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Our little Suki is just as attractive! In a doggy sort of way I mean...!
DSC00251.JPG

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
I've now watched the second episode and enjoyed it as much, if not more than the first. I quite agree that Suki is more of a live wire than Paul but he's always shown a very laconic personality and opposites are supposed to attract, aren't they ? The motorhome is definitely taking a back seat but there's only so much you can say about a large machine with four wheels outside and a cooker, bathroom and bed inside, even a brand spanking new one ! Sorry to all you petrol (diesel) heads on here, just my humble opinion. I'll definitely be watching the rest of the show.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back