Paul Merton motorhoming TV series (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Enjoyed the final episode, especially as we went to Horsey Gap in Norfolk last week to see the seals. ;)

Paul and Suki appeared enthusiastic about their motorhome travels, and suggested they wanted to do it again. (y)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Pleasant relaxed viewing. I feel they've more or less exhausted the novelty angle of motorhoming but it could become a travelogue theme for a new series, maybe motorhoming in France or further afield, pitching on aires, France Passion sites; vineyards etc. which would be ideal locations and provide interesting opportunities for their relaxed style of presentation.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Paul and Suki appeared enthusiastic about their motorhome travels, and suggested they wanted to do it again.
Wonder if they are enthusiastic enough to acquire their own van? :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
Iā€™ve enjoyed the series I found it easy watching and I hope they do another one at some point.

Stayed on a THS a couple of years ago I visited Horsey Gap with Wendo55. We were on our bikes and went into the car park, parked the bikes and walked over the dunes to the beach. Unfortunately because there were so many people on the beach the seals were not, choosing to stay in the sea. We got back on the bikes and went through a gate in the car park and cycled further up the coast and after a hike over sand dunes again, there they all were sunbathing on the beach, what a fantastic site it was. Definitely worth a visit but donā€™t go to usual car park as itā€™s too busy. Then, from where we were, and you fancy something to eat or drink if you follow the track inland there is a pub, Nelson Head, with a lovely bear garden also itā€™s very traditional inside.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
They didnt even know it had an oven! I doubt wether they even stayed overnight in the van. Most of the British manufacturers now have ambassadors who dont own the van but preach to us how we should use them .

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
One thing I think I may have ā€™mis-seenā€˜ or ā€˜mis-heardā€™ā€¦

on the last one, they were introduced into a MH and I think the lady said they were two types of motorhomers, those that use use gas BBQs and those that donā€™t.

i wasnā€™t paying much attention at the time but was she joking or being a snob?! I didnā€™t realise it was such a contentious issue!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.

on the last one, they were introduced into a MH and I think the lady said they were two types of motorhomers, those that use use gas BBQs and those that donā€™t.

i wasnā€™t paying much attention at the time but was she joking or being a snob?! I didnā€™t realise it was such a contentious issue!
There seems to be a faction of m/homers who feel that using a gas BBQ is 'cheating'.
I've never used either as I would rather go hungry than faff about with a BBQ.

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Ah! Thanks.
never used one so I donā€™t know!

I use the burners inside on the cooker or a gas burner outside for smelly / smoke producing dishes and when itā€™s too hot!

I have a little portable bbq that lives in a little tube that you screw together and use with charcoal or wood but thatā€™s for deserted beaches and Iā€™m in desert island fantasy mode!

I was thinking of a portable low power single induction hob when on EHU to keep has consumption down though!

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class

I dont know where they get these experts from the blondeclady in MH was so annoying

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You can always spot the GBā€™s on a site, sucking up as much electric as possible. ā€œWell Iā€™ve paid for itā€

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
We bought these two induction hobs a couple of season ago, do most of our cooking outside they are fabulous, once up to heat they are mostly used on the lowest setting, love the control which can be as instant as the gas hobs.

hobs.jpg

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
We bought these two induction hobs a couple of season ago, do most of our cooking outside they are fabulous, once up to heat they are mostly used on the lowest setting, love the control which can be as instant as the gas hobs.

View attachment 535883

hiā€¦whatā€™s the wattage? A bit concerned for use on French and Spanish sitesā€¦!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
They go up to 2Kw but as I said they are mostly used on the lowest setting of 200watts very really go above 600Watts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back