MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Seen you coming big man... I got 3 baps at 30 cents each & a loaf for €1.99 supermarkets called Famila seem good value, surprised you didn't get to a Lidl lol
Yeah I was trying to avoid supermarket...I only needed bread. I've I'd gone to lidl I'd have spent 20 quid on other shite lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I may be wrong but am fairly sure they are Spanish residents and have been for some time 👍
your not wrong they are residents of Spain (y)
They are residents of spain that's correct. So is jumar and jumartoo. That doesn't entitle them to more than 90 days in Portugal. Although like before b, rexit no one really cares or checks. But you were never supposed to be more than 90 days in another country.

But I can't see them doing that anyway ,they'll want to maximise youtube income by getting viewers for the travel and other viewers for the off grid land .

It's all about the wonga

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 25, 2017
scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017
They are residents of spain that's correct. So is jumar and jumartoo. That doesn't entitle them to more than 90 days in Portugal. Although like before b, rexit no one really cares or checks. But you were never supposed to be more than 90 days in another country.

But I can't see them doing that anyway ,they'll want to maximise youtube income by getting viewers for the travel and other viewers for the off grid land .

It's all about the wonga
cash is king and always will be ;)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

It's all about the wonga
Totally correct Tam, we Having Permanent Resident status in Spain are restricted in Schengen too...however we are entitled to extended periods back in the UK if we so wished..The conditions are fully explained in the WA...

Last edited:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Better avoid Luxembourg the makes German food prices look really cheap.
Their diesel is €1.50 in Luxembourg at the minute but I've seen it Germany here for €1.57 so not much difference for that, can't beat Lidl or Aldi no matter where you are lol

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
During our current summer trip in Spain we have paid quite variable diesel prices...
As low as 1:15€ to 1:49€ yesterday in Galicia..of course this is well balanced out by not needing overnighting costs,
There are both official and unofficial parking places that vary from coastal to quaint village locations...a fairly relaxed view is shown by the Police here....

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
During our current summer trip in Spain we have paid quite variable diesel prices...
As low as 1:15€ to 1:49€ yesterday in Galicia..of course this is well balanced out by not needing overnighting costs,
There are both official and unofficial parking places that vary from coastal to quaint village locations...a fairly relaxed view is shown by the Police here....
Beautiful part of the world up there 🙂

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
can't beat Lidl or Aldi no matter where you are lol
Except for rothenburg (and a few other places in Germany) where the Aldi is crap but the Edeka next door is brilliant, I don’t do shopping in U.K. but I look forward to my visits to Edeka in Germany and Billa in Austria…..sad I know🤣🤣🤣

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Except for rothenburg (and a few other places in Germany) where the Aldi is crap but the Edeka next door is brilliant, I don’t do shopping in U.K. but I look forward to my visits to Edeka in Germany and Billa in Austria…..sad I know🤣🤣🤣
Yea I saw those Edeka places everywhere but haven't ventured into one yet, maybe start tomorrow lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yea I saw those Edeka places everywhere but haven't ventured into one yet, maybe start tomorrow lol
Me neither but I'm a bit disheartened with lidl here ... their fruit and veg has been crap in Germany and a few other things. So I was going to try somewhere different

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

Me neither but I'm a bit disheartened with lidl here ... their fruit and veg has been crap in Germany and a few other things. So I was going to try somewhere different
Yes you need to, I converted funster suavecarve to the delights of Edeka and Billa and he is a die hard Lidl/Aldi shopper👍😁😁

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
My brother has lived in Spain for 30+ years and back in the early days we used to leave the heat of the costas in the summer and take our two motorbikes up to Galicia and camp with tents anywhere we'd choice with no hassles, mixing with the locals it was a great time, cooking Padrón peppers in olive oil on the wee camping stove and I always seemed to get the burny firey ones!🔥 but the locals said it that was good luck to get the hot one! Lol, riding the motor bikes through the Picos de Europa was always a fantastic experience

Last edited:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
My brother has lived in Spain for 30+ years and back in the early days we used to leave the heat of the costas in the summer and take our two motorbikes up to Galicia and camp with tents anywhere we'd choice with no hassles, mixing with the locals it was a great time, cooking Padrón peppers in olive oil on the wee camping stove and I always seemed to get the burny firey ones!🔥 but the locals said it that was good luck to get the hot one! Lol, driving the motor bikes through the Picos de Europa was always a fantastic experience

When we first started to motorhome in Spain, in the north, we could even park overnight near the lakes in the Picos. No longer ...

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
That's interesting as I always expected Spain to be more expensive than Portugal with land.. with everything else Spain seems to be cheaper. Obviously its 5 years later but there were several plots of interest in 2019 I saw priced between €1500 and €4000 , depending on size access and water availability etc. The size of plot the couple I visited from here had was just perfect really and close to a village, easy access etc. But they had to bring water from the village to it . But it was a nice setup.

What part of spain are the couple in?

Ideally Spain would be better for me as I can speak some Spanish and could learn it easier.

If I go down that route it was always my intention to live In the van ...with maybe a caravan sited there for easiness. But no house etc. A couple of outbuildings would be a bonus.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/a-new-adventure-to-africa.295926/post-5955875 Here's the post I did about their land when we visited. It's between Seville and Heulva.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Yes it's a lot of work. From watching New Lives in the Wild quite a few on there started off on their own and then had visitor volunteers where they ended up in a relationship and staying on as a couple so could be one way to meet a like minded person.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes it's a lot of work. From watching New Lives in the Wild quite a few on there started off on their own and then had visitor volunteers where they ended up in a relationship and staying on as a couple so could be one way to meet a like minded person.
Yes possibly .

At the minute I can't get passed the " you live in a van ?? ...OK, I'm washing my hair till 2027"

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Be patient but also perseverant, someone will be out there... did you know Walt Disney was rejected for a business loan by over 300 banks, but it only took the one 😉 (and yes I know your not building the next Disney World in Espana) 🤣 but you get the drift, don't give up and hopefully it will happen

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
But maybe not 'Citizens'?

If only Residents they are subject to the restriction of only 90 days in 180 days in EU outside their country of Residence. Just like many of us EU Residents.
The difference is though that no one knows how much time they have spent in other EU countries as there are no borders. So in reality they have no restrictions.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m up near Keswick at the moment and signal is shite…

In Cornwall lots of picking jobs but it’ll be a back breaker for you Tam, always takeaway drivers around.
There is a few vans parked up in fields and various other places down here and money or work changes hands for it…

They’re a funny lot these ramblers..😆🤣

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Yes you need to, I converted funster suavecarve to the delights of Edeka and Billa and he is a die hard Lidl/Aldi shopper👍😁😁
I hate to admit it, but the boy is right. Of particular interest is the deli counter where they slice up a bit of ham or a schnitzel, weigh it, bung it in a bap and charge you 2-4 euros for quite a filling burger. Add a family size of paprika crisps and the 39 cents "ambrosia custard" with imitation cream on top (also available in chocolate) and a drink and I can claim I have taken her out for a meal for about 6-7 euros for the pair of us and no tipping required.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’m up near Keswick at the moment and signal is shite…

In Cornwall lots of picking jobs but it’ll be a back breaker for you Tam, always takeaway drivers around.
There is a few vans parked up in fields and various other places down here and money or work changes hands for it…

They’re a funny lot these ramblers..😆🤣
Problem with takeaway driving is you need a car and that comes with complications. Also I knew my area like the back of my hand so I could make good money doing that. But any new area I'd be useless.

Farm labouring I'd prefer to try and find something other than picking ...but will see what comes up.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Problem with takeaway driving is you need a car and that comes with complications. Also I knew my area like the back of my hand so I could make good money doing that. But any new area I'd be useless.

Farm labouring I'd prefer to try and find something other than picking ...but will see what comes up.
The only thing I can add to this, is don't put it off too long, you may think you have plenty time but time has an habit of catching up on you, and prices are never going to cheaper , you may spend a couple of years working and be farther away from affording what you want, they are getting less of them all the time.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Where are you now Tam? We're still in Stuttgart Rosies best friend Ashley arrived out as a surprise to join us at the AC/DC concert, I thought getting rid of big vans might have discouraged visitors but apparently not! 🤣🤣
It doesn't work we are now in a 6M coachbuilt really only a 2 berth 3 at a push, just spent a week with 3 adult grandkids, this plus a quest pop up 🤣, IMG_1754.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back