MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Hiya Tam, after speaking to you last night I have managed to speak to 2 first class mechanics. They know the Iveco 2.8 engine and I explained your running problems to them. Their answers:

Fuel filter. Change it and change it regularly, like every week once you are up and running. They have come across this and after so long unused the left over fuel and crap needs diluting with fresh fuel and the filter changed. This could take 1500 miles before you are getting pure fresh diesel without that jelly like old diesel contaminant.

They both agree that the engine is bullet proof.

Timing. The fuel pump runs off the timing belt and its a 3 inch pulley. 2mm out on this pulley equates to 1 degree out. The timing on the pump is easily adjusted independently of the main timing belt. Half a degree out will give you the problems you have. This is an old type of fuel system.

You have had a new belt and it could be then that it was put slightly out, its not uncommon.

Other than that, my method of sorting stuff when I was live aboard sailing was to make a written list. Knock of each item as you sort it and add another when you find one. Most people never had an empty list and as soon as you set sail you started a new list again!

At least you don't have any failing bodywork on this van eh :giggle: Good luck to you and give my best wishes to what's his name :LOL::love:

Aug 9, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
Since 2016
Re the fridge not getting cold I've read of some people removing the fins inside the fridge and replacing some sort of cooling paste that can dry out behind them. I think it is for absorption fridges and I can't remember what sort of fridge you have.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OK new thread is up for the renovation etc . I'll just post on that one from now on as too confusing to have both.

It will mostly be all van stuff but I'll chuck in the odd pic of the dogs for those bored with tech DIY stuff . For those who only like the travel stuff well hopefully the next one will kick off start of November.

See you on the other side

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Northernraider. Tam, I have obviously missed the problem with the taps.

On our Flair, the vanity tap was leaking, (funflair. Remember the white piece of kitchen roll around the base Martin? ;) ), so as both that and the kitchen tap were the same age, I stripped both down, cleaned everything up, re-assembled with a smear of plumbers silicone grease, and all was well for a while. A further leak later was down to the failure of the ceramic cartridge, so I bought 3 x from Screwfix/Tool Station at around a fiver each, replaced them both, and kept one spare.

Re filling the kettle, we have our water filter plumbed into the vanity sink tap, (A... easier to install and B... less water going through the filter), so we use a jug to fill the kettle. (y)

The above might just save you having to shell out for expensive taps. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Exactly what we did. Far easier. Later installed due to a failure a tall tap. Definitely recommend them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just caught up and noticed that there's a new thread so I'll go over there but these things relate to this thread:

Re-reading some of this sounds like I’m calling Tam lazy, he is not it’s meant to be all metaphorical, what he does do is 10 jobs at a time and that’s when he gets overwhelmed and worries nothing is happening… one at a time Tam…🤪
He's nae lazy ... but those dogs need a kick up the bum to get them helping, they could at least carry tools for him, clean up etc ... can't be having lazy pooches lying around all over! :giggle:

It's just a thread for the renovations at the minute. I always do a new travel thread before setting off.

Just think this one has run it's course and has went well off track for a travel thread since I returned.
Very good double entendre there! :giggle:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just caught up and noticed that there's a new thread so I'll go over there but these things relate to this thread:

He's nae lazy ... but those dogs need a kick up the bum to get them helping, they could at least carry tools for him, clean up etc ... can't be having lazy pooches lying around all over! :giggle:

Very good double entendre there! :giggle:

Dogs aren’t lazy they’re busy slowly destroying my garden and especially Bly who will chew anything he can get his mouth on..😆🤬

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I know you don’t do Facebook but would it be worth it to sell Moby, give another selling option.
You could even get somebody to list it for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back