MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If the guy is a dealer could he not store it there for you. 👍
Another option is to sell the one you have now with a parking spot in Bristol. 😂
He asked what van I had but he also said the one he's selling he can't sell through his business as its too old. He wouldn't give me a good price for it anyway. And he's in Wales so a bit of a trek to leave this up there. I need it to be close to where im going to be so I can do the jobs on it and also be nearby to show any potential buyers.

I've a few places around uncle lenny that I can flit between staying and I'm also going to visit Just smiffy for a bit down in Cornwall. I'm hoping to do the repairs on this one to the floor and the bathroom wall at garrys with the help of mackeellan . That work needs done regardless of whether I'm keeping this van till its painted etc or whether I buy something else and sell it. I don't want to sell it with floor and bathroom as they are as it would put some buyers off and reduce the price I'd get with those jobs done. Anything else the van needed done was mostly to suit my own tastes etc. All of which I'll continue to do if I don't buy something else ... but truth Is there's a good chance I'd be selling this next year once it's all been painted etc .. just hopefully for a bit more money.

It's annoying that I'm in this situation with this van to be honest but it was just the way things worked out last year. When I bought it I thought I'd still have a base at mums and the caravan there etc etc . It was only after I'd bought this and spent a fair bit on it that I found out the extent of mum's illness. Since then I've just been getting on with it as they say ...its a good van . But it is compact and I'd like a bit more space etc.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Dunno what your finances are like but when your back to Scotland could you look for a property that has a big drive/ open space as well. Look to renting out the house on the basis that you might be staying on the land in your van at times?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dunno what your finances are like but when your back to Scotland could you look for a property that has a big drive/ open space as well. Look to renting out the house on the basis that you might be staying on the land in your van at times?
I've no interest in buying a house in the UK again at present. Not even sure I'll be back in Scotland for more than a visit now and then . There's nothing there for me anymore

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
One other camper on this aire , German guy with a Spanish dog... I've spoke to him on and off lol .. but every person that goes by I hear him telling them .. from schottland haben vier hunde lol

I did tell him "ich sprechen kliene deutsch " lol but that I can understand 😁

I've a sneaking suspicion he lives here longterm

Last edited:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Catching up on all today's news just now and for what it's worth I say just buy that fecking van your on about there but tell the boy if it's rotten the deals of or he deducts what it's going to take to sort it, if like he says it's his own van then it shouldn't be rotten as he knows folk are going to come and look at it, so ring him and buy it and go from there, as for your yoke someone will have a bit of room somewhere for Moby and you can sort him out in a week or two and get him away at probably what you'll pay for that one you like today, if I see anything I like I just buy it and go from there🙂
I only went in to Carthago last year for a floor mat and come out with a fecking brand new van! :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Catching up on all today's news just now and for what it's worth I say just buy that fecking van your on about there but tell the boy if it's rotten the deals of or he deducts what it's going to take to sort it, if like he says it's his own van then it shouldn't be rotten as he knows folk are going to come and look at it, so ring him and buy it and go from there, as for your yoke someone will have a bit of room somewhere for Moby and you can sort him out in a week or two and get him away at probably what you'll pay for that one you like today, if I see anything I like I just buy it and go from there🙂
I only went in to Carthago last year for a floor mat and come out with a fecking brand new van! :rofl:
Aye but when he said it was his own personal van it turned out to be salesman bullshit lol . He bought it in January and had never used it once. As he buys and sells caravans and motorhomes for a living that makes me disbelieve him.

Now that Doesn't mean the van isn't a good one but he doesn't really know anything about it. Everything I asked he said he'd have to check . The description alone doesn't sound right . It contradicts itself a few times.

It's the right layout etc

He's came down a couple of grand but to buy it blind and pay a deposit I'd want it a bit less than that just incase .

It could need batteries right away having not been used . No mention of solar etc and its only motd till October. He stated in the listing no warranty etc.

All I can do just now really is see if it's still for sale next week and then I might take a drive up to look at it.

If I could get someone to check it over beforehand I'd maybe risk paying what he's asking

But moby I reckon is worth maybe 15k at best ... maybe a bit more next year if resprayed etc

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mot details a few years back
Screenshot_20240721_164146_Chrome.jpg

Contradicting description
Screenshot_20240721_154907_eBay.jpg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Well if it's what you like then buy it, he has no solar because it has a built in genny on it he says, but here, speaking of brand new vans if and it's a big IF I decide to go for a big van again I like the look of that new for 2025 Morelo some boy had it on here the other day it looks lovely but wondering how it would cope with the mountain roads of Morocco!

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Well if it's what you like then buy it, he has no solar because it has a built in genny on it he says, but here, speaking of brand new vans if and it's a big IF I decide to go for a big van again I like the look of that new for 2025 Morelo some boy had it on here the other day it looks lovely but wondering how it would cope with the mountain roads of Morocco!
If it’s rear wheel drive then it will be just fine, people are far to precious lol, it’s made for travelling😇

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I am but I think Rosie likes the big vans, island bed and all that, you know me a mattress in the back of a transit van would do me! Lol
Doesn't look anywhere near the length of the elegance. But I dunno.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Me neither lol
That Elegance was 9.2 metres
The only thing I don't like about it is no tag axle, it's an awful lot of overhang going on there on that Morelo yoke
For me thats a bonus lol. Not a fan of the tag axle. The morelo will be an iveco with twin wheels and I'd imagine adjustable air suspension. Much better in my opinion.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
For me thats a bonus lol. Not a fan of the tag axle. The morelo will be an iveco with twin wheels and I'd imagine adjustable air suspension. Much better in my opinion.
I like the tag axle but I suppose they wouldn't make them like that if boys kept ripping the arses of them going on and off ferry's etc lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I like the tag axle but I suppose they wouldn't make them like that if boys kept ripping the arses of them going on and off ferry's etc lol
I think it's just because it's fiat that uses tag axles as its front wheel drive. Merc and iveco are rear wheel . I prefer that.

That one I'm looking at is a 6 tonner

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I nearly bought one of a boy in Italy a dealer a couple of years back and it was his own van too but he wouldn't give me enough for the Elegance I had at the time so I walked awayView attachment 926124
We nearly bought a fifth wheeler once, but the dealer had no interest in taking our roller team at the time, I wonder why??!!!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It looks a great van tam, they don’t come up that often👍

Bit far for me to check this one out for ya :rofl: :rofl:
It does and that's why it's so tempting .. just concerned that there might be a few issues with it . I've been scanning the photos lol. Around the big skylight looks different... maybe covering up previous ingress. I did make an offer but he turned it down there's 2k between what I've offered and what he said he'd take.

I suppose I could offer a little more and pay a deposit if he agreed that if it wasn't as described he returned the deposit.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It does and that's why it's so tempting .. just concerned that there might be a few issues with it . I've been scanning the photos lol. Around the big skylight looks different... maybe covering up previous ingress. I did make an offer but he turned it down there's 2k between what I've offered and what he said he'd take.

I suppose I could offer a little more and pay a deposit if he agreed that if it wasn't as described he returned the deposit.
Get him to drop you that in an email so you have it black and white so to speak👍👍

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Their diesel is €1.50 in Luxembourg at the minute but I've seen it Germany here for €1.57 so not much difference for that, can't beat Lidl or Aldi no matter where you are lol
Yes, but you know what you are going to get in a lidl or aldi !

If you try other places, you don’t know what you are going to get , adds to the experience !

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Yeah I think I need to phone him first though and go over a lot of stuff. It concerns me that he knows very little about it.
Tam I've sold stuff I haven't a clue about and let's face it he's never going to know as much as you do about motorhomes, you've probably bought & sold more stuff in a year than he has since he started! Lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back