MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We’ve not got the heat exchanger the first owner opted for a Truma E2400 gas heater instead, it works instantly although the Alde doesn’t take long to heat up either.
I'll have to post pics of this other thing under the bonnet on mine as I've no idea what it is ...but its webasto not alde

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Regards the tank the outlet is definitely screw in to the tank, no nut on the inside, I’ve put a fair bit of this silicone type stuff around it. I went to an aquarium place because I used to keep tank fish and knew they would have something and if not milliput would have done it but it can dry hard and could be to brittle with vibration.. I think the sealant will work and will work good enough for a few years but he will need to get a replacement elbow in the future, ideally when he’s at mine.

The under floor pipe work Lenny HB is all mostly push-fit and it looks like quality stuff…

It’s only a few niggles that add up but once done it’ll be fine… once he has been living in it after a few weeks/months he’ll have it all sorted…..

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
On our Concorde there is a button on the Concorde control panel that you press first, then you use the Alde slider switches like you have.
Yes there's a button on my control panel that says , engine heating. And it's turned off at the minute. And the alde control panel is also off. But one radiator on the passenger side got hot ...also one pipe running inside the locker behind the gas bottle locker.

I'll be moving to another parkup tomorrow afternoon after we've checked a few things and the water tank repair so I'll see if it gets hot again now I've turned that wee valve off on the heat exchanger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes there's a button on my control panel that says , engine heating. And it's turned off at the minute. And the alde control panel is also off. But one radiator on the passenger side got hot ...also one pipe running inside the locker behind the gas bottle locker.

I'll be moving to another parkup tomorrow afternoon after we've checked a few things and the water tank repair so I'll see if it gets hot again now I've turned that wee valve off on the heat exchanger.
Right so it looks like to have engine heating you have to have the control panel button switched on, then the little valve on the heat exchanger switched on?
Sounds like you might have sorted it then.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This has some webasto thing under the bonnet with pipes from the engine water pipes going through it .. looks like some sort of valve ...has wires going to it but no idea where controls are for it.

My main control panel seems very basic or its not working properly but I can't get much information from it. There's a button that if pressed says engine heating but I assumed that was for heating the engine from the alde and not the other way round . My alde control is the old style with the slide switches it's not digital.

When driving there I had the controls on the dash to cold and the fan on and we got cold air from the dash vents but the radiator behind passenger seat was getting hot
I think you will be right about the engine heating button, it is a small pump that circulates the engine cooling fluid through the heat exchanger when the heating is hot, have you found the heat exchanger? It might be under the lid between the seats and will have a valve on it, just turn it to off and it will stop the warm water making its way around the van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'll have to post pics of this other thing under the bonnet on mine as I've no idea what it is ...but its webasto not alde
It could be a mains powered engine pre heater, I put one on an old Merc years ago, would duplicate the Alde engine heating though so not sure why.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It could be a mains powered engine pre heater, I put one on an old Merc years ago, would duplicate the Alde engine heating though so not sure why.

I think the webasto thing is a motorised valve, I’ll put a multimeter on it tomorrow to see if it gets power while tam plays with switches in the van. It could well be stuck on or off…🤔

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is it not more likely to be a heater that is used for quick heat whilst the Alde warms up and no van engine running , Webasto/Eberspacher diesel type?

Thinking again if Tam said there’s no controls inside anywhere for it I think I’m wrong?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think you will be right about the engine heating button, it is a small pump that circulates the engine cooling fluid through the heat exchanger when the heating is hot, have you found the heat exchanger? It might be under the lid between the seats and will have a valve on it, just turn it to off and it will stop the warm water making its way around the van.
Yes the heat exchanger is in the box between front seats I've now turned that wee valve off so will see if it stops it getting hot when I next drive it.

The webasto thing has the water pipes from the van engine going to it and they're hot .. when engine is running. It looks like an electric valve rather than a pump etc but no idea what it does or how it's controlled. I have a small rocke switch in the glove box that I've no idea what it's for or what it does either.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is it not more likely to be a heater that is used for quick heat whilst the Alde warms up and no van engine running , Webasto/Eberspacher diesel type?

Thinking again if Tam said there’s no controls inside anywhere for it I think I’m wrong?
I think Tam would know if it was a diesel heater, fuel line exhaust etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It’s only a few niggles that add up but once done it’ll be fine… once he has been living in it after a few weeks/months he’ll have it all sorted…..
... You hope ... You just want all his junk treasure out of your shed! 😄

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That one is different from mine I just noticed
20240828_221302.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tam, I'm confused ... You went to collect Doc, dropped Moby at Jackie's, so are now back in Cornwall at Smiffy's ... How are you gonna do viewings of Moby? 🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I'm confused ... You went to collect Doc, dropped Moby at Jackie's, so are now back in Cornwall at Smiffy's ... How are you gonna do viewings of Moby? 🤔
I'm not in Cornwall I'm in a carpark round the corner from Jackie's...second night here but will have to move around as I don't want anyone complaining I'm here as I need to park here if I have any viewers . Although nowt arranged yet. The few enquiries I had seem to have disappeared.

My biggest issue will be power , I'm no other means of charging batteries bar driving at present. And this van is all Halogen lighting etc ..

I can't last long off grid.

Fridge isn't getting cold either 😒 , it's all daft wee problems but when all happening at once and living in it I'm a bit stressed out. Worried I've made a wrong decision lol . Sitting here almost in the dark .. can't watch telly or owt .

I think if moby hasn't sold in the next week or so I may have to leave it here but return to Cornwall to sort the stuff out on this one and get solar etc on it.

I'm sure I'll feel better when I get things all sorted.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
An Englishman, a Scotsman and a Welsh woman ... There must be a joke there somewhere! 😄
I was in the pub and got chatting to 3 absolutely huge women, I said ‘’Are you 3 ladies from Scotland” The biggest one piped up” Wales, Wales”
I said “ Sorry, are you 3 Whales from Scotland”

I woke up 3 hours later in intensive care.

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Come on Tam, this van was up and running to perfection once. All those things that are not working once were. You will work the systems out and slowly sort the problems.
Time is what you need and you will look back and smile. Looks like you should go back to Gary's house and get your electric and gas systems sorted including checking mains hook up.
Keep smiling pal be happy you have a Gary! Bless him!
Best of luck for now, keep your chin skywards and walk those dogs x

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Come on Tam, this van was up and running to perfection once. All those things that are not working once were. You will work the systems out and slowly sort the problems.
Time is what you need and you will look back and smile. Looks like you should go back to Gary's house and get your electric and gas systems sorted including checking mains hook up.
Keep smiling pal be happy you have a Gary! Bless him!
Best of luck for now, keep your chin skywards and walk those dogs x

This is what he should do, but he’ll say yeah then someone wants to view it the next day when I’m in Cornwall…

He needs moby sold so he can get on with the flair so he needs to be close. We’re sorting a few issues tomorrow so as long as he moves around staying at a few places he should be ok, especially if he gets new batteries delivered at Jackies like I’ve suggested…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back