MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fridge isn't working properly either. It ignites on gas no problem and runs on it but it isn't getting cold at all ... my food is all going to go off 😪

If you turn it up it gets warmer rather than colder
If its working on 12v or mains as. Martin says give the chimney. A cle an d with the age of it I would replace the jet and burner. Then if it starts to get cold replace the thermal compound behind the fins.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Probably worth cleaning the jet on the fridge, I don’t know what fridge it is but the jet on mine is held in by the gas pipe.
Will be the same jet arrangement on Tams I think, we had a caravan years ago and the fridge wasn't cooling so I asked the guy who was doing a service on the van to have a look and his conclusion was the door seal is leaking so you might as well buy a new fridge :LOL:

Of course being a good Yorkshireman I proceeded to investigate and on removing the jet I found about half an inch of very fine rust in the pipe upstream of the jet, took the pipe off for a clean and all back together working a treat, I am sure Tam knows not to poke the jet ;)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I know there’s logistical problems but why not move back into Moby until you get Flair sorted enough to live in it.
Re battery power, could you buy a folding solar panels with regulator built in as a temporary measure.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I'm not in Cornwall I'm in a carpark round the corner from Jackie's...second night here but will have to move around as I don't want anyone complaining I'm here as I need to park here if I have any viewers . Although nowt arranged yet. The few enquiries I had seem to have disappeared.

My biggest issue will be power , I'm no other means of charging batteries bar driving at present. And this van is all Halogen lighting etc ..

I can't last long off grid.

Fridge isn't getting cold either 😒 , it's all daft wee problems but when all happening at once and living in it I'm a bit stressed out. Worried I've made a wrong decision lol . Sitting here almost in the dark .. can't watch telly or owt .

I think if moby hasn't sold in the next week or so I may have to leave it here but return to Cornwall to sort the stuff out on this one and get solar etc on it.

I'm sure I'll feel better when I get things all sorted.
You will. You are in a stressful situation. By the way how our the dogs coping. It will get fixed and with Gary helping you will. Just have to work one step at a time.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've no idea what it is ...but its webasto not alde
ianthebuilder had that on his hymer but I can't remember what is was for? Engine heating?
I went to an aquarium place because I used to keep tank fish
Yes I bought some of the decent stuff that you use to join glass together when in france & the shower tray broke around the drain. Worked a treat & was still good when I got rid of the van.Fischer I think it was ?
Just buy some number plate lights of eBay and refit.
I just bought a pair of them off Temu.led's .work well4,97€
I got new ones off eBay fitted straight onView attachment 941213
Exactly the same as these

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
funflair and Flairy where is the split charge relay and the fridge 12v relay located on these. From what I can tell there's no charge going to leisure battery when engine running and fridge stays on gas when I start it up.

Weirdly with engine off if I turn fridge to 12v the green light comes on

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
You'll probably figure everything out in the end but would it be worth visiting someone who has or has had a similar van - age and model?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You'll probably figure everything out in the end but would it be worth visiting someone who has or has had a similar van - age and model?
That's why I'm asking funflair and flairy questions as they have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
where is the split charge relay and the fridge 12v relay located on these. From what I can tell there's no charge going to leisure battery when engine running and fridge stays on gas when I start it up.

Weirdly with engine off if I turn fridge to 12v the green light comes on
I think the split charge relay & fridge relays are PCB mounted relays in the CBE distribution unit as both are not working it could be a D+ problem.

Fridge running off hab battery is not weird at all quite normal on German vans, there is a link on CBE units to enable/disable the function.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think the split charge relay & fridge relays are PCB mounted relays in the CBE distribution unit as both are not working it could be a D+ problem.

Fridge running off hab battery is not weird at all quite normal on German vans, there is a link on CBE units to enable/disable the function.
Big mega fuse coming off battery same as we did with moby

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve never looked at mine but I think it’s in the engine compartment under the fuses sorry I’m no electronic genius.i just use it all my system is original except an extra 2 battery’s (gel 80ampso 320 amps in total.i do have a 1800 watt inverter)

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
This is a good thread mate very informative. I'm wondering why you aren't fitting a compressor fridge as I remember from previous threads you like a lot of solar?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Brief update as currently combating more leaks both taps leaking. Frost damage I suspect.

D+ sorted this morning . I did post above saying I'd found a blown mega fuse.

Changed that and it sorted fridge 12v , split charge and the battery readings on the control panel.

Fridge not getting cold though on 12v or on gas .. we stripped burner, flue etc off this morning and cleaned everything, it was pretty clean anyway but made no difference. Then we got more urgent problems .. taps leaking and more water everywhere.

Just finally got a parking spot have stripped a tap off and heading to b&q now

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right it seems like the universe is throwing obstacles at me left right and centre . I'm thinking I might be better just to head back to Cornwall with Gary tomorrow and just put selling moby on hold for now as I'm not getting any serious interest and I have a huge list of jobs to do on this van before it's self reliant ... and it's one job after another. I can get most of the stuff I need down there too and I can order stuff online easier too ..

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I think I would mate, Gary does keep you sane!!!!:ROFLMAO::LOL: Plus he's knows the shops to use, n 2 heads are better than 1. It could take weeks before Moby is sold, think how much the 2 of you could get done, assuming he's willing of course!!!
Makes sense

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back