MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Just catching up. Delighted you are in Doc. By the way at which point do you move to a new thread?

Really think MOT stations like that should be put out of business!! I think I’d be tempted to put it in to another to see what it says!! But maybe not good for you!

Hope you sort your little bits out and store your things proposons you are happy and can find things.

Have a good nights sleep.

Thank you.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Tam

Re the side marker lights you may well find that a fuse has gone, as the system splits into two circuits you only lose half the lights, a problem I had was that there was corrosion inside the number plate light as it sits flat on the rear bumper it gets water inside and corrodes the terminals and they short to the case, good luck with the rest of it (y) our first van was a Flair 8000 LHD and we picked it up just outside Edinburgh, not long after we left the guys drive it started to snow :LOL: it was a steep learning curve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I can't belive Gareth is as naieve as he makes out and still in business, unless it's a Victoria Beckham business losing millions and being proped up by a benefactor.
I'd also be tempted to drop the MOT station in it, lights and wipers are not a joke on fast roads in shitty conditions.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam

Re the side marker lights you may well find that a fuse has gone, as the system splits into two circuits you only lose half the lights, a problem I had was that there was corrosion inside the number plate light as it sits flat on the rear bumper it gets water inside and corrodes the terminals and they short to the case, good luck with the rest of it (y) our first van was a Flair 8000 LHD and we picked it up just outside Edinburgh, not long after we left the guys drive it started to snow :LOL: it was a steep learning curve.
Yes Martin I think it's a fuse .. I've one number plate light out too. Weirdly it's the opposite side to the side with no taillight or side markers and the Same at the front. Do you recall where the chassis cab fuse box is located as it isn't where I thought under the glove box.

I've a few things I need to sort today ideally. Water pump isn't working , it's new so I suspect a fuse there again . I need to find a plumbers merchant to cap off the gas t piece as I've no gas now so no fridge. And would like to sort the external light problem might be battling against the weather today though .

I can imagine driving one of these the first time having no motorhome experience would be fun. I remember when I collected my frankia from Evesham I don't think I stopped clenching my bumper till I got on the m6 ... I was breathing in everytime someone drove past 🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can't belive Gareth is as naieve as he makes out and still in business, unless it's a Victoria Beckham business losing millions and being proped up by a benefactor.
I'd also be tempted to drop the MOT station in it, lights and wipers are not a joke on fast roads in shitty conditions.
I'm going to phone the mot station at somepoint and put the shits up them .. tell them I'm having it inspected by vosa

Gareth claims they wiped the wipers with solvent and tapped all the lights and they came on which is bullshit . There's 7 lights off on it 5 on one side 2 on the other . It's not bulbs it's fuses or connections causing that . And the wiper blades are brittle . I have a set with me that's a bit shorter but hopefully do me till I can get somewhere with the proper size . Just need to get my essentials sorted today so I can at least have my hab side functioning.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes Martin I think it's a fuse .. I've one number plate light out too. Weirdly it's the opposite side to the side with no taillight or side markers and the Same at the front. Do you recall where the chassis cab fuse box is located as it isn't where I thought under the glove box.

I've a few things I need to sort today ideally. Water pump isn't working , it's new so I suspect a fuse there again . I need to find a plumbers merchant to cap off the gas t piece as I've no gas now so no fridge. And would like to sort the external light problem might be battling against the weather today though .

I can imagine driving one of these the first time having no motorhome experience would be fun. I remember when I collected my frankia from Evesham I don't think I stopped clenching my bumper till I got on the m6 ... I was breathing in everytime someone drove past 🤣
Fuses should be drivers side low down, you are OK you have a door, yes the two circuits work opposite to each other so that is one fuse goes you still have some light on the other side.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
. I need to find a plumbers merchant to cap off the gas t piece as I've no gas now
You need a caravan/Motorhome spares repair shop, plumbers merchant won't stock sizes used in Motorhomes.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
You should ring Gareth and say you want some money to pay for the repairs otherwise you will be reporting the mot station. There is no way that has had a mot. Lights, brakes emissions, wipers.
I know it will be worth it to you when all is done and you will have a great motorhome but you should not be doing all that after a mot.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Annoying about poor mot, I’m sure stout will get there with it.
Just a thought about mot garage, did you get any proof the cam belt was done.
Got an invoice ...hand written

I'll be phoning them probably tomorrow aswell as mot station to put the wind up them . Going to tell them both I'm getting it independently tested and see them squirm

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You should ring Gareth and say you want some money to pay for the repairs otherwise you will be reporting the mot station. There is no way that has had a mot. Lights, brakes emissions, wipers.
I know it will be worth it to you when all is done and you will have a great motorhome but you should not be doing all that after a mot.
I spoke to him last night but he's completely clueless . He said the mot tester tapped all the lights and they came on ...total crap . And said drivers wiper cleared screen also crap

I'll just sort it out myself

But will phone mot garage and cambelt garage myself and put wind up them

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Perhaps a word in the sellers ear about some financial compensation seeing that work agreed on was not done and you will be reporting the mot station to visa!,, I know you won't because they will want to retest it at one of the vosa test centres and that's the last thing you want

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I spoke to him last night but he's completely clueless . He said the mot tester tapped all the lights and they came on ...total crap . And said drivers wiper cleared screen also crap

I would be worried if that garage has done the cam belt ? I would certainly check if they really have changed it and if it is done correctly, it smells like BS big time, 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right

I appreciate all the comments etc but I have to prioritise at the minute as I'm living in this .

So garage stuff etc needs to wait.

My first priority is getting water and gas sorted

A feckin mouse has nibbled off the corner of this water pipe connection that is the main pipe from the water tank to the pump . The pump is working there was a switch I hadn't remembered about that switches from tank to mains water connection. But the tank elbow is leaking . No access to the rear of the elbow and I'm unsure if there will be a nut behind it or not or if that is just a threaded hole it screws in to

See photos .

And then I also need the gas pipe cap.

Garry is heading off to a caravan shop to see if he can get a cap and something to seal that elbow up with.

Once these jobs are fixed I can move on to other stuff.

Have had to drain the water tank on this carpark which isn't great but at least its been raining so hiding it a bit .

20240828_103657_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20240828_103717_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Right

I appreciate all the comments etc but I have to prioritise at the minute as I'm living in this .

So garage stuff etc needs to wait.

My first priority is getting water and gas sorted

A feckin mouse has nibbled off the corner of this water pipe connection that is the main pipe from the water tank to the pump . The pump is working there was a switch I hadn't remembered about that switches from tank to mains water connection. But the tank elbow is leaking . No access to the rear of the elbow and I'm unsure if there will be a nut behind it or not or if that is just a threaded hole it screws in to

See photos .

And then I also need the gas pipe cap.

Garry is heading off to a caravan shop to see if he can get a cap and something to seal that elbow up with.

Once these jobs are fixed I can move on to other stuff.

Have had to drain the water tank on this carpark which isn't great but at least its been raining so hiding it a bit .

View attachment 940846

View attachment 940848
As a temp repair CT 1 works even under water, long term maybe replace stuff with JG and carry a box of spares, it is quality stuff to work with👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
C
This is probably what you need.

Can't get anywhere near the back of that elbow though. The tank is huge on this . Which makes me wonder if there's a nut on the back of it or whether it's a threaded hole

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As a temp repair CT 1 works even under water, long term maybe replace stuff with JG and carry a box of spares, it is quality stuff to work with👍
Yes there are loads of products now for mending pipes some are even supposed to work even while it is leaking, have a look on temu.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004

Re the cambelt change, can you not see whether the cover fixings have all been disturbed - and not just wiped with an oily rag.
Not infallible, but may offer a clue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back