MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jees what a busy day .. so everything is transferred ( dumped) in the other van , dropped moby and the dogs off at Jackie's, garry is speeding us back to Doc , got doc insured and taxed and transferred the funds to Gareth, should be back there in an hour . Fill it up with water , diesel and gas then head back to Jackie's to a carpark round the corner . Will take me days to clean inside doc and put all my stuff away properly .. I have stuff in every fecking cupboard and I'm not sure how that's possible. Moby had way more storage than you'd think .

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
IMG_0212.jpeg
I stopped the water coming off the roof

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So we finally got back to near Jackie's around 8.30 .. took us 3 hours to drive back with multiple stops .

First went to a Morrisons for lpg thar was closed .. on route the van drove like an absolute bag of shite , pulling to left , vibrating from left front wheel , grindy brakes and shuddering , loss of power ...really bad , red flashing injector light.

Headed for next morrisons at Port Talbot... stopped at a services to put diesel in and added 2 doses of diesel treatment. Also inflated front tyres to 70psi as driver front was at 60 and looked soft ..hoped that would cute pulling and vibrating..it did a bit buy not completely I think it needs either 2 new front tyres or new front discs .. calipers need sliders sorted I expect and pads changed. The miller's and fresh diesel seemed to help the power issue , the injector light still comes on when it's going up hills sometimes and now and then when first pulling away but a lot less than it was , so I suspect the injectors are gummed up with old dirty diesel and it's slowly being flushed. May also have the dodgy wire connectors the fiat is famous for but haven't checked thst.

The mot is a farce , the wipers don't clear the screen and of course it had to start raining .. none of the side markers work on rhs neither does the rear taillight , on the front the rhs works but lhs doesn't. So that's either a fuse or bad wiring connectors but should have failed mot .

Other than that the van actually drives nice, it's quiet , smooth and very feckin warm .. when the injector light is off it goes quite well for its size.

And then there's the lpg saga , stopped at morrisons connected up the hose and lpg sprays everywhere . This is before I pressed button as some arsehole has removed the diesel tank but hasn't blanked off the t piece that fed it .. so can't fill bottles till that's blanked off or replaced with an elbow instead of a t piece.

So I've only a little gas that was in the bottles to do me just now

There's nowt that can't be fixed and once it is all will be fine but I'm pissed off at Gareth for the mot stuff because I didn't ask for a years mot for nothing I wanted it safe to drive . And I've now to spend time locating the issues with the lights etc before I can do anything else.

So we are in the van now , dogs are quite reserved lol but it is a riot inside with stuff absolutely everywhere. But tomorrow is another day .

I'm off to make my bed up .

Hold back on all the negative comments please as we all knew there would be issues with it. So overall I'm not surprised. I planned to check all the brakes etc anyway once back at garrys, my biggest concern is the injector light incase its something more than just dirty fuel etc but as I said it got a lot better after additive and new fuel so fingers crossed that's its issue.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m sure you’ll sort it out and have a beauty there

There’s a few issues but easily sorted at little cost hopefully, the inside is in fabulous condition, perhaps a few condensation mouldy bits that will clean up from the past but certainly no damp. It is a very well made van that once cleaned up and problems sorted and used like it should be it will be a fantastic van..

I think most of the problems is because it just hasn’t been used….

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just been on the phone with Gareth as he text to see if I got back OK. Full of pish he is lol. Making excuses for mot station and claiming They're really strict. I'd not let them near a motor of mine passing this like thst. He also thinks someone has stolen the gas tank when it was on his storage.

To be honest he might just be genuine and clueless who knows. In the end it will hopefully all be fine once sorted. It's certainly nice inside at night with all these fairy lights etc . But figuring out all the switches and controls takes some doing.

It's like driving a conservatory.. I said to garry I'm glad I've driven a big van like this before and also glad I've been driving a lhd motorhome the last year or I'd never have driven this the first time .. its a big mudder fecker.. dogs are a bit starstruck I think . They're not sure what to do with themselves so they've all just crashed out.

It's very warm and comfortable though . Not sure I'll sleep much tonight again . Haven't had a decent kip in about a week

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Northernraider Tam and so another chapter of your travels begins, all with a lot of virtual in put from all of us following your amazing story and it is amazing, you read threads with people worrying where to stay you do your reasurch and find amazing places , you change your van and we are all on the edge of our seats I for one am really looking forward to seeing your twists and turns turning Doc into the Van you want and deserve , Best Wishes on the next part of your story.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back