MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well was that not a complete circus at the vets .. normally doesn't take long so I parked in the carpark , one hour parking, walked along got to the vet and no one around..no answer on the phone etc ... waited....dogs bored and getting wound up play fighting etc .... 5.20 I finally get him on the phone , woke him up so he answered the door crabbit and was met with 4 exited dogs ... chaos ensued.

He wasn't happy lol.

But anyway it was a pita trying to weigh them and get them to swallow a manhole cover... bloody fiasco and I was getting stressed as the more they spat out tablets the more he sighed and huffed .. anyway finally got that done I was bloody sweating after wrestling with them . Got him to put the titre details in to blu's passport but not sure he's done it right as he's put all the laboratory details in instead of his own and then stamped it so the bit that's meant to have vets name and practice is all Italian and then the stamp is German. But to be honest they never bloody look at it and I will print out the certificate etc when back in the UK.

€42 euro in total and we finally got finished at 18.10 so just slightly over on my parking .

Glad that's done.

If I'd been able to park closer I'd have taken dogs in one at a time . It's a joke with 4 trying to hold 4 leads and make a dog swallow a tablet when the others are trying to get it thinking its a treat.

I need a doggy nanny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh and unbelievably he used that same joke again about killing six million Jews but still not being able to write ... I told him he used that last time before he then started on about worming all done to please our King and that Boris Johnson was never wormed lol.

I swear the man is nuts lol. And his vet surgery is an absolute riot lol. You couldn't swing a cat in it .

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Some Alde systems are just the boiler and radiators, some have the additional heat exchanger which sits between the engine cooling system and the Alde heating system, when you turn on the Alde pump with gas and electric off but the thermostat calling for heat it runs the Alde pump warming the radiators and the hot water as secondary effects (the engine needs to be running) a further addition to this is a little pump that can circulate engine cooling water when you are parked up so as long as the Alde heating is on and hot it will warm the engine, the control for that electric pump should be on the CBE control panel.
Perfectly put👍👍

So basically tam, the van will get warm for nothing £££ just by driving down the road with the alde pump set on the desired temp!!
You can afford to give the guy a bit extra now you know that😁😁

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Perfectly put👍👍

So basically tam, the van will get warm for nothing £££ just by driving down the road with the alde pump set on the desired temp!!
You can afford to give the guy a bit extra now you know that😁😁
Thanks (y) and the bit I missed out was that the heat exchanger usually has isolation valves and sometimes I closed these on the engine side in the summer as the heating would start to radiate by gravity circulation, the last thing you want on a hot summers day is the heating on:LOL:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
And with the heat exchanger you can flick a switch and it warms the engine in the winter so easier starting. 👍
Check when the fluid was last changed and what colour it is. Blue = good for a year, pink good for 5 years which is what most have in. Another bargaining tool. 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
From the photos I can see 4 different controls in the hab area

The main control panel.
Screenshot_20240724_192233_eBay.jpg

This one In the bedroom which I would love to be heating controls etc ...
Screenshot_20240724_192301_eBay.jpg

The alde control panel below sink
Screenshot_20240724_192336_eBay.jpg

And this one that we think is for a generator
Screenshot_20240724_192407_eBay.jpg

Can't see what's on the dash etc

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is anyone else starting to feel sorry for the seller? He's gonna be bombarded with loads of questions he can't answer! :giggle:
Already been through that with him so I know he isn't clued up on this van. I know more about it than he does , and the things I don't know I'm asking on here so I can suss it all out properly when I get there.

But I've already given him too.much information on the van he didn't know so I'm not telling him anything else lol . It just helps him sell it to someone else if I don't buy it.

Compared to the one I found in Germany its a far better van . The German one might have the 3 litre engine but it's not as well Specced.

No driver door, no garage tailgate, no generator. No aircon , the 3 seats are horrible black fabric and the sofa is beige leather 🤮

And it's €47k 😱
Screenshot_20240724_192729_mobilede.jpg
Screenshot_20240724_192659_mobilede.jpg
Screenshot_20240724_192824_mobilede.jpg
Screenshot_20240724_192908_mobilede.jpg
Screenshot_20240724_192926_mobilede.jpg

So it's a good price and it looks in good condition from photos. I'm just hoping it's good underneath . I'll probably have to spend another £4/5k on it over the next year or so but if its worth it then I'm fine with that.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You can tell from my posts that I'm impatient to actually go see this van eh lol.

I don't know how the folk order new ones then wait a year etc ...I'd go crazy . I'd be on the phone to the factory every other day.

By month 2 they'd either have fast tracked my order or they'd have cancelled it 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hopefully it doesn’t turn out to be like the one funsters went to check over for you and it a good one, it certainly looks it🤞
I'm hoping it's a one previous owner who cherished it but unfortunately had health issues which deteriorated, hoping he'd recover he kept it for 8 years but unfortunately died and that's when it was sold.

What throws me is the mot in 2021 and then unused again till 2023 mot . And now still unused.

It did 47km between 2013 and 2021
And 68km between 2021 and 2023

And both mots it was the same miles when it failed and then passed a few days later ,taking 13 days to repair in 2021, and 5 days in 2023. So both times the mot garage did the repairs. But only the essential ones .

Was it still the same owner or was it sitting on some forecourt for 2 years

Who knows

I wait with bated breath for the current owner to get back to me with v5 details

He messaged earlier to say the v5 was at home and not his business so he'd reply later.

And yes I could have been a detective lol.

Blame the adhd . It has compulsive tendancies 🤣

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
V5s don't even include the last owners details anymore

The only help is if the seller has the old V5s

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
V5s don't even include the last owners details anymore

The only help is if the seller has the old V5s
No buy it still says how many previous registered keepers . So if its had 2 great . The original one and the seller. If its had 4 or 5 I'm wondering why folk are buying it then not using it.

Inside is far too clean to have been used for living in as opposed to travelling.

Will see what he says .

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
No buy it still says how many previous registered keepers . So if its had 2 great . The original one and the seller. If its had 4 or 5 I'm wondering why folk are buying it then not using it.

Inside is far too clean to have been used for living in as opposed to travelling.

Will see what he says .
Some of the registered owners might be dealers. - I've never checked history - just bought.
My current vehicles I didn't even test drive

It looks a great van Tam

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
I'm hoping it's a one previous owner who cherished it but unfortunately had health issues which deteriorated, hoping he'd recover he kept it for 8 years but unfortunately died and that's when it was sold.

What throws me is the mot in 2021 and then unused again till 2023 mot . And now still unused.

It did 47km between 2013 and 2021
And 68km between 2021 and 2023

And both mots it was the same miles when it failed and then passed a few days later ,taking 13 days to repair in 2021, and 5 days in 2023. So both times the mot garage did the repairs. But only the essential ones .

Was it still the same owner or was it sitting on some forecourt for 2 years

Who knows

I wait with bated breath for the current owner to get back to me with v5 details

He messaged earlier to say the v5 was at home and not his business so he'd reply later.

And yes I could have been a detective lol.

Blame the adhd . It has compulsive tendancies 🤣
Mine failed mot today and then passed this afternoon after I had fitted new pads and thrashed the ******** off it for an hour to sort the emissions. Because the mileometer doesn't advance it looks like it was fixed at the garage but I took it home to do it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mine failed mot today and then passed this afternoon after I had fitted new pads and thrashed the ******** off it for an hour to sort the emissions. Because the mileometer doesn't advance it looks like it was fixed at the garage but I took it home to do it.
Why doesn't your mileometer advance ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My talents are wasted lol. Scotland Yard should hire me.

Just had a reply from Gareth.

Screenshot_20240724_205009_Messages.jpg

So from that I think 1 owner till 2007 , then the auld fella bought it. Owned it till January this year then Gareth bought it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back