MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Ours is in that locker (or equivalent).
If it has one and its factory fitted that's where I would have expected and preferred it to be so that would be good if it is. I wonder if its a separate fuel tank?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Other thing I'm wondering. .. what's the green sticker for? And why is there an lpg sticker on the garage door when the bottles are in the front side locker
Screenshot_20240723_192153_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Sorry photos are blurry as they're screenshots from the ebay listing

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Could be LPG fillers on both side so able to use the most suitable depending on which side the pump is on

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Looks like a controller for a diesel heater.
I wondered if maybe for generator.

I'm secretly hoping it has a quiet running on board genny that works as that would be very handy.

Maybe going by what little info I have on previous owner knowing he didn't keep well Maybe he needed medical equipment that required the genny to power and possibly oxygen . That could explain a few things.

I'm not sure how many owners it's had but I've been trying to do detective work going on mileages and mot history.

It looks like it did around 10k annually from new to 2007 then 4-5k miles annually from first mot in 2007 till about 2010 ..then only a few hundred a year from 2010 till 2013 . Passing all mot tests with no advisories or fails. Then no mot from 2013 till 2021 when all tyres were shot and there was signs of corrosion starting. The current seller claims it was kept in a big barn/shed during that time. ...and that the owner refused to sell it. I'm wondering if maybe this person owned it from new and as his health deteriorated so did the usage. The interior is far too clean to have had longterm use.

What I can't figure out is why it was tested in 2021 but then it done less than 100 km between then and oct 2023 ... maybe the owner had died and motorhome depot were trying to sell it for 100k lol .

Then the current owner bought it in January this year.

It's only done 110km since 2013 😱

There was no mention of the tyres or corrosion on its mot in Oct 2023 bar one spot under front wheel arch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Just to break the ebay drooling few, this is Miss August, or rather my sponsee for August from Silvia's charity (from where Jade and Milo came).

I give you, lovely Mariela.

View attachment 927410

A little beauty, isn't she?
She's adorable

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
So yes it's 8000 series i for integrated or "A class", the B is for the "bar table" and if it had two logitudinal beds it would be E for "end beds" otherwise it has the transverse bed, with the transverse on the 8000 you automatically get the big lounge sofa and the bar table that wraps around the back of the captains chair, if it was a 7100 series it could have transverse bed and the smaller lounge like the 8000iEB.

Yes it is a bit confusing but I have spent a few hours browsing N+B brochures, great vans though but go for the facelift post 2005 with the 3 litre and nicer interior, be careful with 2005 vans though as you could have either the 3 litre 166 bhp or the 2.8 litre 146 bhp, might not sound much but the 3 litre has a lot more grunt and a chain as you said earlier.
Sunscreen is a brilliant idea CaptainPaul just off to the van with me tape measure. Amazon have got loads of them, tell Rosie you can get them in different colours:giggle:(y)

Gina.
I could just have all the dogs adopted, would save hassle and a lot of money. ... I could buy a vw camper then lol
No dogs!!!
You’d be invisible!!!
Woof 🐶

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
The green stickers are to state that a compressed (s) gas is being carried as others have said oxygen so that if it catches ( caught) fire the fire brigade know that something is going to go boom!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
The green stickers are to state that a compressed (s) gas is being carried as others have said oxygen so that if it catches ( caught) fire the fire brigade know that something is going to go boom!
So I'm guessing that's been for medical reasons and not because someone's been carrying welding gear in the back?

That would make the elderly owner with health problems story legit

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
And also ...what's this ? View attachment 927407
That one is the remote control for the built in generator Dometic Tec 29, we had one on our big Hymer S820, very useful for winter.
It probably won’t work though if not been started for years, will need oil change etc but very easy to do.

They are usually fitted behind the skirt though not in the garage.

IMG_4281.jpeg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Waiting gareth's response with bated breath as i am sure you are too.
Do hope it is all you wish for.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I've sent Gareth a text asking how many owners it's had and where that generator is ... cause my curiosity can't wait a week lol
And don't forget your calorifier, not too many on MHF have a calorifier in their van! 🤣🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back