MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (41 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Oh and before i forget

it was lovely to meet Ade WESTY66

What a really nice fella he is and i actually didn’t have to post him under the motorhome either lol. He was under and all over it before we had our first coffee 🤣.

Seriously Tam he did you a massive favour in doing what he did

and Ade

we need to get our Vals together to a chat and a cuppa/wine/G&T

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Oh and before i forget

it was lovely to meet Ade WESTY66

What a really nice fella he is and i actually didn’t have to post him under the motorhome either lol. He was under and all over it before we had our first coffee 🤣.

Seriously Tam he did you a massive favour in doing what he did

and Ade

we need to get our Vals together to a chat and a cuppa/wine/G&T
Was nice to meet you too Al, the company and extra pair of eyes was great, and yes we will have to meet up again👍👍

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Adding to littlewheels post ,
IMG_6060.png

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Great photos and great assistance Al n Val and WESTY66 , its lovely to see fellow motorhomers helping each other out and fair play to the vendor for giving you free reign.

Tam, Oh well it was suspiciously cheap, I wouldnt be buying that because there are better ones out there. If you want one you re better off finding a better looked after one, it's ok to show a bit of wear but not the cracks and poor fixing on that one. I would also be looking for quite a bit less rust on the chassis, mine still wears its original paint on the chassis and the bushes are in good order, its still been used just looked after.

I would suggest that you re better off looking on mobile.de because there are more out there and the germans know how they should be looked after.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
IMHO I don’t think they are cheap , 20k for a 30 year old van that’s really at end of life & will need constant money & time spent on it , I’d buy a nice one at 40k , in the long run it would probably be cheaper to own

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Great photos and great assistance Al n Val and WESTY66 , its lovely to see fellow motorhomers helping each other out and fair play to the vendor for giving you free reign.

Tam, Oh well it was suspiciously cheap, I wouldnt be buying that because there are better ones out there. If you want one you re better off finding a better looked after one, it's ok to show a bit of wear but not the cracks and poor fixing on that one. I would also be looking for quite a bit less rust on the chassis, mine still wears its original paint on the chassis and the bushes are in good order, its still been used just looked after.

I would suggest that you re better off looking on mobile.de because there are more out there and the germans know how they should be looked after.
Yes there are a lot of nice vans on mobile.de .... who knows maybe I'll view a couple of them on the way home . I'm not sure how the fees work now importing one .. I mean if you're buying it privately and not from a dealer how does that work out. Its so much more complicated nowadays

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes there are a lot of nice vans on mobile.de .... who knows maybe I'll view a couple of them on the way home . I'm not sure how the fees work now importing one .. I mean if you're buying it privately and not from a dealer how does that work out. Its so much more complicated nowadays
Ok we bought ours before the final agreement but the biggest issue we had was insurance, luckily our private vendor was ok to add me to his policy for 48hours.

Would it be better to starta new thread on this subject? might be more people who know about importing etc than are currently watching a thread about Turkey and Dogs :LOL:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
IMHO I don’t think they are cheap , 20k for a 30 year old van that’s really at end of life & will need constant money & time spent on it , I’d buy a nice one at 40k , in the long run it would probably be cheaper to own
I know what you're saying but for example here's a few newer vans I have on my ebay watchlist ..

But I'm not sure they're me , I dunno I like having some jobs to do on a motor I've always tinkered around, changed and personalised things. I think I'd get bored with a standard everyday van everyone else has.

Plus I prefer the older style interiors etc , I'm one of the few I think who likes the wood , I don't like the clinical looking white interiors and I've found some vans to be really flimsy and easily broken ..

When I'm parked up somewhere there's other vans it's the older ones that are different that I'm drawn to , I don't even give the modern stuff a second glance usually.

Whilst I agree some of the ideas for layout etc in some new vans is clever . They mostly seem focused on bedrooms or having gadgets like coffee machines and full electric fridges.

I'm old school I like a comfy lounge a spacious bed good storage etc and a 3 way fridge 🤣🤣

If I'm gonna change from this old one I'd like a better build old one

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok we bought ours before the final agreement but the biggest issue we had was insurance, luckily our private vendor was ok to add me to his policy for 48hours.

Would it be better to starta new thread on this subject? might be more people who know about importing etc than are currently watching a thread about Turkey and Dogs :LOL:
Yes I might do that later when I'm heading home .. I'm gonna be in Germany for a week or 2 anyway so I'll have a look then and if anything catches my eye then I'll start a thread then.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yeah the 5.6 litre engine puts me off that one straight away unfortunately.
It will be a 6.9 litre engine, same as mine. I get about 15mpg out of it, which I suspect is pretty similar to what I would get from an 814 - 4 cylinder in a motorhome, because the larger engine doesnt have to work as hard to do the job its revving lower.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It will be a 6.9 litre engine, same as mine. I get about 15mpg out of it, which I suspect is pretty similar to what I would get from an 814 - 4 cylinder in a motorhome, because the larger engine doesnt have to work as hard to do the job its revving lower.
I can't remember but I'm sure I saw yours is over 7.5t aswell ain't it?

I love it but I can't drive it .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In other news these are the few wee jobs I've been doing on moby. ...Still a few to do. I'm not doing the one on the hab door or gas locker as they're broken so I'm replacing those ones.

20240605_094808_copy_1612x1043.jpg
20240605_095039_copy_1612x1209.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In non van news isn't nature interesting.

I left a bowl of water outside for dogs ...and overnight it's been invaded by ants , all the ones in the water are dead but all the others above the water level are alive and racing round like mad.... I think they're attempting a rescue mission but are failing.

It's fascinating to watch.

These are ordinary sized ants but there are ones here that are huge ..

I've also seen scorpions, lizards and 2 snakes but haven't been fast enough to take photos of any of them . There's 2 lizards live in the ground where I'm parked . I wish I had a wildlife camera
20240605_094947_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I can't remember but I'm sure I saw yours is over 7.5t aswell ain't it?

I love it but I can't drive it .
Ours is 8.6t but ours is a bit heavier than other because we have the front Air suspension and quite a few other extra's. You do get them under 7.5 but if its a 6 Cylinder MAN or Merc then you don't get much payload ( I think the Iveco is generally lighter) the 4 Cylinders at that period were too underpowered, if it says 179PS then don't even bother IMHO.

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
Yeah she is really the most confident... I'm hoping she stays like that.

I think I accidentally caused jade's fear of water when she was just a baby ..I've felt guilty about it since .

But ela has always been timid and a scaredy cat so it's great to see her getting more confidence. She's been paddling quite deep for the last week which she never did before...jade too so it paid off staying here as that wee river is perfect for them . We'll be back again tomorrow so they can keep practicing 😁
How wonderful to watch them :love: I think Blu has a lot to do with their confidence in the water as they probably get fed up of Blu always getting the stick 🤣 thanks for sharing these special moments Tam 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How wonderful to watch them :love: I think Blu has a lot to do with their confidence in the water as they probably get fed up of Blu always getting the stick 🤣 thanks for sharing these special moments Tam 👍
Jade and ela don't show much interest in sticks or toys to be honest ...they never have , jade will steal the stick off milo just to annoy him but she's not really interested in fetching it. Milo on the other hand would retrieve the stick all day ...to the point of obsession so you've to stop eventually before he collapses.

Blu will do it for a while then she's off scavenging which is what ela and jade do 90% of the time.

I think the river helps as there's no waves .... I am hoping though if they keep swimming in the river this next week they'll get the confidence to try in the sea .. we will see

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don't post on here very often but read every one , I am not allowed to talk about dogs, and I am supposed to only post "nice" things, but have to say I am glad you didn't buy that van, I have thought it horrible ever since you started on about it but couldn't comment on pain of being called all sorts of things but to me it looks just like a decrepit horse box and I just can't see the attraction in it.
Hope you find something a lot better than that. ;)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope you did the preparation properly first Tam 😉😂

It looks a lot better than the N&B trust me
Yeah they were all degreased and sanded .... its only plastic primer anyway.

The morrocans will be doing the final job on them . But for now they look better in grey primer than all different colours of cream and white.

I've to replace the vent in the door and the one on the lpg locker. I'm fitting aluminium vents on those instead of the plastic ones as can't get the proper ones. The one on the door I have blanked off inside anyway as its like a wind tunnel in winter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back