MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (83 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Yes I might do that later when I'm heading home .. I'm gonna be in Germany for a week or 2 anyway so I'll have a look then and if anything catches my eye then I'll start a thread then.
Tam if you’re anywhere near Düsseldorf can you nip in to the finanzamt ( tax office) and ask if I have any pension rights from working in Germany in the 80s!?
Cheers Alex 🤪🤪🤪

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Al...

At the moment Ady WESTY66 is giving the guy a call just now and hopefully going to view it for me tomorrow.

But thanks for the offer, if anything changes I'll get back to you.
Strewth ... How many truck loads of biscuits is that costing you! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
How about a Merc Hymer 7.2 m long I think, because it was a Fiat part you didn’t like
IMG_2287.png

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Tam, I’ve forgotten, where are you now with the swimming river?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam can I delete the pics of the N&B vario now?😁😁
Ha ha yes mate.

I had him on the phone last night asking if I was going to buy it. I said I think it maybe needs too much work for me.

And since then I've had a few texts from him saying he would accept less , then one saying make him an offer etc .

So I'm assuming he isn't getting much interest.

It's a shame about the delamination as it's not something I could live with and not an Easy fix but I've thought a lot about it and definitely just going to pass on it .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's a shame about the delamination as it's not something I could live with and not an Easy fix but I've thought a lot about it and definitely just going to pass on it .
Also to repair the GRP on the overcab the screen would need to come out to do it properly, not practical for your situation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Also to repair the GRP on the overcab the screen would need to come out to do it properly, not practical for your situation.
Yeah I can't believe he had it painted without fixing that.

I said those were my biggest issues with it , the cracking and the delamination, he said yeah it was like that when he bought it but wasn't as visible when it was white 🤦‍♂️.... he said the cracks had been filled but obviously water has got in to it and it's expanded.

So the problem might well be worse than can be seen .

Says it never caused him any issues though.. .....but it will now lol.

He did say there's a guy from Coventry wanting to view it at the weekend.

The van I have may need some work done but everything on this is fixable for not a lot of money and when done this van will look fantastic . So while there are a few things I'd prefer on a different van I'm not desperate to change it.

If i had a partner and was having wild sex every night lol then I'd be desperate for a van with a better bed 🤣🤣🤣 but that's not the case so I will survive.

The floor and bathroom are my biggest concerns on this van just now ...and I need help sorting those out. But hopefully sort those out when I'm back in UK.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Yes you read my mind uncle lenny as I was looking today.
I thought as long as VAT or equivalent had been paid on mh bought in Germany had been paid and was at least 6months old you didn’t pay VAT on import

I imported one 7 months old back in 2002/3 and didn’t pay VAT

But it might well have changed yet again as I later imported two new ones in 2008 and 2017.

Carol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I thought as long as VAT or equivalent had been paid on mh bought in Germany had been paid and was at least 6months old you didn’t pay VAT on import

But it might well have changed yet again as I later imported two new ones in 2008 and 2017.

Carol
Since BX you pay vat on all vehicle imports.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Carol
Yes that all changed after brexit . I've imported 6 vehicles in my life 5 from Europe, 1 from San barnadino USA, never paid any vat etc . But that was all prior to 2012 . Now you've to pay 20% vat on any vehicle regardless of age. Plus the other fees it makes it not such a bargain buying one abroad.

Not sure how the purchase price is proved on a private sale vehicle though and I'd most likely be buying private.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway I've just ordered another load of bits for this van off ebay ( sorry uncle Lenny HB ) , replacement vents for door and gas locker, some new lights as struggling to see in here at night 🤣🤣, and a few wee cosmetic bits just personalising.

Spent a small fortune the last month or so buying bits for it for when I get home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back