MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You have to pay VAT to register it in the UK. 20% on the price you paid. If the receipt you provide isn't realistic you could be forced to have it valued.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ha ha yes mate.

I had him on the phone last night asking if I was going to buy it. I said I think it maybe needs too much work for me.

And since then I've had a few texts from him saying he would accept less , then one saying make him an offer etc .

So I'm assuming he isn't getting much interest.

It's a shame about the delamination as it's not something I could live with and not an Easy fix but I've thought a lot about it and definitely just going to pass on it .
If you can’t live with the delaminating forget it as it will be a massive job to fix, a bit of fibreglass repair no problem but needs more than just a bit of filler.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If you can’t live with the delaminating forget it as it will be a massive job to fix, a bit of fibreglass repair no problem but needs more than just a bit of filler.
Yeah I know I couldn't live with it. , I'd want it fixed and the paintwork fixed..

But I'm also aware of my capabilities and know that's not a job I'm skilled to do even with some assistance.

Whoever buys it will have to just accept that's how it is . . But for me part of the appeal of that van was the paint job on it. I loved the look of it .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Anyway I've just ordered another load of bits for this van off ebay ( sorry uncle Lenny HB ) , replacement vents for door and gas locker, some new lights as struggling to see in here at night 🤣🤣, and a few wee cosmetic bits just personalising.

Spent a small fortune the last month or so buying bits for it for when I get home.
Not going to be here next week, picking up the new van.
I bet you ordered cheap crap lights from eBay again instead of decent ones from Aten.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
Definitely and like I said I think once I have the floor sorted. The bathroom repanelled and the paintwork done this van will be good for another 26 years .
Definitely Agree
It’s a keeper
(For a wee while)
Just stop browsing websites
And be content with what you have.
👍🥳😊
Just my tupence worth

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Are you going to paint it green?
No 😁

I've the colors planned for this , but not sure if I want to divulge yet or keep it a secret till its done/getting done .

The only thing I can't decide is whether to keep the bit along the bottom a different colour or have the one colour from top to bottom and just all the vents etc the contrasting colour.

Decisions decisions.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Definitely Agree
It’s a keeper
(For a wee while)
Just stop browsing websites
And be content with what you have.
👍🥳😊
Just my tupence worth
I know ... I was content mostly till the rmb appeared again then sold for 19k

I think for now I need to stop looking and just focus on sorting the bits on this and getting back to Morocco this winter ,having it resprayed then see how I feel next year . At the minute I'm getting good interest on my savings ... basically I'm making enough in interest to live off , so buying a more expensive van would reduce that. If the interest rates drop significantly then it might be more worthwhile buying something else .

I know what I have with this van , compared to how it was when I bought it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It ain't half hot mum

Screenshot_20240606_131910_Weather.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Last week you were moaning about the cheap ones failing.
Yeah but those were really cheap £13 for 3 .

The ones I've ordered were still cheap £12 each. But it is all that seller sells and he's sold hundreds if not thousands of them.

Even on the site you reccomended I can't find anything of similar size and style and these ones will look right when fitted.

Gotta be feng shuia uncle lenny 🤣😁

P.s everything should have arrived by Monday.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
P.s everything should have arrived by Monday.
Probably be gone before any deliveries arrive, post comes any time between 11am & 3 pm completely radom other deliveries after 2pm.
Ill get a neighbour to keep an eye out as they leave them on the step & run, never wait for anyone to answer the door.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Northernraider tam I must admit I don't see the attraction of these old things but have you seen this one, blank canvas.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Northernraider tam I must admit I don't see the attraction of these old things but have you seen this one, blank canvas.
Yeah it's on my watchlist..

But realistically I'm not sure it's possible. I had thought that the dogs and I could basically camp out in that and build it as we went . But 🤔

Looks a great base for someone but it needs welding etc .

I like the roof deck and the space in it though

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
So thinking ahead to my respray i cant decide do i have the bottom bit ( currently silver) sprayed the same colour as the rest of the van and only have the vents , window frames,awning, mirrors etc the contrasting colour ....OR do i have the bottom section painted the same colour as the vents , window frames etc.

This is the busy side as I call it . The other side has less vents.
P.s neither colour will be the same as it is now. But will only be 2 colours overall . So everything will be coordinated.

20240606_144014_copy_1561x868.jpg

Personally I'm thinking to do away with the bottom strip as it is very pre 2003 whereas most nowadays have colour coded bumpers etc .

Once painted there will be no graphics.

I may have something painted on the 3 places where the wolf head graphics are now... but not decided yet AND if I do they would also be the same colour as the vents , window frames etc.

It's going to look a lot more modern externally than it does now ....or that's the plan anyway.

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
:giggler:Jade and ela don't show much interest in sticks or toys to be honest ...they never have , jade will steal the stick off milo just to annoy him but she's not really interested in fetching it. Milo on the other hand would retrieve the stick all day ...to the point of obsession so you've to stop eventually before he collapses.

Blu will do it for a while then she's off scavenging which is what ela and jade do 90% of the time.

I think the river helps as there's no waves .... I am hoping though if they keep swimming in the river this next week they'll get the confidence to try in the sea .. we will

So thinking ahead to my respray i cant decide do i have the bottom bit ( currently silver) sprayed the same colour as the rest of the van and only have the vents , window frames,awning, mirrors etc the contrasting colour ....OR do i have the bottom section painted the same colour as the vents , window frames etc.

P.s neither colour will be the same as it is now. But will only be 2 colours overall . So everything will be coordinated.

View attachment 905790

Personally I'm thinking to do away with the bottom strip as it is very pre 2003 whereas most nowadays have colour coded bumpers etc .

I may have something painted on the 3 places where the wolf head graphics are now... but not decided yet AND if I do they would also be the same colour as the vents , window frames etc.

It's going to look a lot more modern externally than it does now ....or that's the plan anyway.
I think either way would look really good👍 just really depends what shade of pink for the main body 🤔

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
No 😁

I've the colors planned for this , but not sure if I want to divulge yet or keep it a secret till its done/getting done .

The only thing I can't decide is whether to keep the bit along the bottom a different colour or have the one colour from top to bottom and just all the vents etc the contrasting colour.

Decisions decisions.
TANGO..........

Cheers🍻

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I like the colour it is now, but without the wolf grafics. Love the contrast vents and doors,
think the non 'busy' side will look a bit bleak with no decals and only a couple of vents in the second colour, suppose it depends on the colours chosen, fortunately pink and tango are not very 'stealth'

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
toilet door and vents look good dark grey as they are use a colour of your choice for all the rest

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

View attachment 905790

We have a Pilote Explorer 2012 vintage and it's all white.
This week, we came across an Explorer that was 2009 (I think?)

The difference was that the side wall/end wall vertical cappings and the skirt was in a mocha mettalic and I have to say it 'lifted' the look a lot.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I hope those snakes don't bite Tam. My mum's dog got bitten by a snake in a park and had to have it's leg amputated. Sorry didn't mean to worry you, I'm sure the snakes just sliver off and hide when they hear the dogs and feel the movement in the water.(y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back