MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (55 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
looks like today maybe yesterday
Yeah once I'd put it on my watchlist I could see it. Looks like it was only listed 2 hours before you posted it on here.

Looks a nice van ,I'm curious if that's paint or a wrap. According to mot history it's a 1997 . And listing says it's 7.25 metres but it looks a lot longer than mine which is allegedly 6.85m

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Yeah once I'd put it on my watchlist I could see it. Looks like it was only listed 2 hours before you posted it on here.

Looks a nice van ,I'm curious if that's paint or a wrap. According to mot history it's a 1997 . And listing says it's 7.25 metres but it looks a lot longer than mine which is allegedly 6.85m
from the photos it looks like someone has loved it

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
from the photos it looks like someone has loved it
That looks a cracking van, I’d be heading there if I was in the market for a sub 20kg van👍👍
It does look good .. I've dropped him a message asking the best time to call as I'd like a bit more information on it.

Ideally I'd like to have viewed it or have someone view it ... but as I've said before these vario based motorhomes don't come up too often .. yet 3 in a week 🤣🤣🤣.

But it does look in good nick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right folks serious question

I'm just off the phone with the owner of that motorhome. It sounds really good , he's had it 5 years , it's a paint job not a wrap ..and I like it.

He's spent a fair bit on it over the time he's had it and sounds like it has Been loved.

He'd have no problem storing it for me till August,

It sounds good and it looks good in the pics and on mot history etc.

It's ideal for me to be honest, I'd like a fixed bed again , and a bedroom I can close off from the mutts, and of course the extra storage etc.

I was ready to make the guy an offer on it but he said he'd be happier if I viewed it which I obviously can't.

So is there anyone who lives around Wakefield that could give it a once over for me , he says he's free anytime as not working and he's happy to demonstrate everything on the van working etc.

I don't expect it to be perfect I'd just feel better if someone was to give it a quick check for me and make sure there was nothing obviously amiss.

It would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just buy it
It's a hard one as I don't know the guy from Adam.. can't just pay for a van Vic.

If someone can give it a once over then I can have the guy on the phone at the time , if the person viewing says it's all good then I could at least get a receipt for a deposit etc.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
It's a hard one as I don't know the guy from Adam.. can't just pay for a van Vic.

If someone can give it a once over then I can have the guy on the phone at the time , if the person viewing says it's all good then I could at least get a receipt for a deposit etc.
I did just that 200 miles away unseen £16k 6 years ago

If it sounds right, if the owner sounds right....

I'm writing from the same van.... (y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I did just that 200 miles away unseen £16k 6 years ago

If it sounds right, if the owner sounds right....

I'm writing from the same van.... (y)
Yeah I know and I've done it a few times before . But got stung with this current van .

But hopefully someone off here is going to have a look at it for me tomorrow or Wednesday and he knows his way round a motorhome.

The owner does sound genuine etc . Just you never know eh

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Got a good feeling about this one , the owner sounds legitimate and if its all good he's happy to keep it parked up there till August and take a deposit on it.

It's an old van and it will obviously not be perfect but it looks ideal for me .

So fingers , legs. Arms everything crossed .

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Hi Tam

i'm from Normanton which is 3 miles from Wakefield, now I won't profess to know everything their is to know, infact i don't. I've never been in a motorhome of this type, but i've built cars and a show car in my earlier years so not quite as thick as i'm making out.

I wouldn't be able to get underneath due to maybe not being able to get back up again but if you wanted I could give it a once over, take plenty of pictures or post them either on here or direct to you

let me know as we go away on wednesday until next week

Al

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi Tam

i'm from Normanton which is 3 miles from Wakefield, now I won't profess to know everything their is to know, infact i don't. I've never been in a motorhome of this type, but i've built cars and a show car in my earlier years so not quite as thick as i'm making out.

I wouldn't be able to get underneath due to maybe not being able to get back up again but if you wanted I could give it a once over, take plenty of pictures or post them either on here or direct to you

let me know as we go away on wednesday until next week

Al
Thanks Al...

At the moment Ady WESTY66 is giving the guy a call just now and hopefully going to view it for me tomorrow.

But thanks for the offer, if anything changes I'll get back to you.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Thanks Al...

At the moment Ady WESTY66 is giving the guy a call just now and hopefully going to view it for me tomorrow.

But thanks for the offer, if anything changes I'll get back to you.
Is there a proper link? Don’t seem to be able to view it?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Pics of the day

We walked back to the viewpoint this morning decided to let blu off the leash so she could run and play with ela and practice her recall. She did really really well . 100% success .. I don't expect that to always be the case but its a good start , View attachment 856659View attachment 856660View attachment 856661View attachment 856662

Then we headed towards Mount olympus, being a scotsman I have to say its quite a boring mountain ... passed some wild horses on route . View attachment 856663View attachment 856664View attachment 856665View attachment 856666View attachment 856667

Then we headed for the coast and found a parking spot on the beach , dogs had a nice runaround. View attachment 856668View attachment 856669View attachment 856670View attachment 856671View attachment 856672
Well behind but catching up with your wonderful thread Tam. Loving the pictures which are fab. If I could give you one tip it would be to keep an eye on the background and wherever there is sea and a horizon the sea should b horizontal.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well behind but catching up with your wonderful thread Tam. Loving the pictures which are fab. If I could give you one tip it would be to keep an eye on the background and wherever there is sea and a horizon the sea should b horizontal.
Not if you've had a few pints :rofl:
Yeah sometimes I deliberately take the photo at an angle ... not always but if its really off then it was most likely deliberate.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
fingers crossed be lucky
Honestly I won't sleep tonight ... neither the dogs or me have has dinner yet lol ..I keep drooling over it.

It really is ideal for me. Even the colour of it I love .

So I'm hoping it's either just as it looks and how he's described it then I'll be buying it.

Or its a complete shed then I'm gonna cry lol.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Got a good feeling about this one , the owner sounds legitimate and if its all good he's happy to keep it parked up there till August and take a deposit on it.

It's an old van and it will obviously not be perfect but it looks ideal for me .

So fingers , legs. Arms everything crossed .
CaptainPaul <<< raging 😡 there's not going to be a Moby painting party now in Morocco next year!! 😭 lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back