MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (39 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Cannae believe I've crashed my fecking drone in a tree ... 7 metres up .

First time in 5 years
Surely Blu will be up like a shot to retrieve it if you tell her too! 😄

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cannae believe I've crashed my fecking drone in a tree ... 7 metres up .

First time in 5 years
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
That's what happens . When you set the dogs on those poor French couple
Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you sure the French visitors didn’t jam your transmitter 🤣
No a dickhead German put his drone up same time as mine and nearly flew in to me so I took evasive action but forgot I had it in sport mode ... too fast and right in to a tree .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
She can swim ...but she's no a cat lol . Dogs don't climb trees
Are you sure? Our Minky has certainly scaled a tree up to 6ft before today and she's only a tiddler.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
No a dickhead German put his drone up same time as mine and nearly flew in to me so I took evasive action but forgot I had it in sport mode ... too fast and right in to a tree .
Get the dickhead German to put his drone up with a grappling hook to rescue yours 🤭

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Never mind about browsing eBay... have you retrieved your drone yet?
Och aye, that was done at 09.30 this morning by means of my 5 metre flagpole and a wee bit of climbing , had to just poke it out the branch so it fell about 7 metres .. but it seems to be OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Been in to kyparissia this morning for some shopping , topped up water tanks and diesel and picked up a stack of yesterday's newspapers then back to elea , I've moved to another spot for parking as I had 2 very loud German families behind me that had been there since October and were quiet territorial...they had no shame at complaining about my drone...or that I was painting parts on the van . The woman could whine fluently in English. So I have a nice little spot under the trees now and we will probably stay here another 4 or 5 days possibly a week as the dogs love it here and I'm enjoying just tinkering with the van and getting wee jobs ticked off my list.

I've not posted many photos the last day or two as I'm very low on data .. less than half a gb left but it refreshes at midnight tonight thankfully. I need to sort out better data I think as 20gb isn't enough.

Looking at ID mobile , I might just get 2 of the 100gb a month sims at £10 each .. and I'd at least get 60gb a month then when in Europe. Although I need to find out if there's a time limit on that as lebara etc only allows you to roam for a max of 90 days at a time.

If anyone knows that would be handy

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
View attachment 904438
not the one Village People sang about ?
Thought there was an Indian In the village people.

Anyway I did ask the fireman yesterday morning as they drive through twice a day .. but he didn't have a ladder apparently 🤔

Useless sods

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looking at ID mobile , I might just get 2 of the 100gb a month sims at £10 each .. and I'd at least get 60gb a month then when in Europe. Although I need to find out if there's a time limit on that as lebara etc only allows you to roam for a max of 90 days at a time.
Over a 4 month period if you spend more time out of the UK than in it they will ask for proof of UK residence or charge you loads of money.
Might get away with it for one or two months, if you try it buy the sim from Carphone Warehouse (ID is part of them) you get more data so useful in the UK £8 for 50GB, still gives you the 30GB roaming.

What you really need is Starlink then you will have fast unlimited data but will cost you £85/month.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Over a 4 month period if you spend more time out of the UK than in it they will ask for proof of UK residence or charge you loads of money.
Might get away with it for one or two months, if you try it buy the sim from Carphone Warehouse (ID is part of them) you get more data so useful in the UK £8 for 50GB, still gives you the 30GB roaming.

What you really need is Starlink then you will have fast unlimited data but will cost you £85/month.
Yeah £85 a month is too expensive for me uncle lenny , remember I have no income. At the minute I'm paying £14 a month for 20gb data unlimited calls etc from ee but I need a bit more than that.

£10 for 100gb from ID gives you 30gb roaming but that's not great if the start messing around after a few months.

I currently use most of my 20gb just posting on here , doesn't leave me much for downloading anything or streaming and I would like more so I could get some new movies etc each month.

It's annoying that you pay for 100gb data and they still complain if you're only getting 30gb outside UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's annoying that you pay for 100gb data and they still complain if you're only getting 30gb outside UK.
In the UK they are using their own network which is a fixed cost, they have to pay other companies for roaming connections so it's not surprising they limit it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In the UK they are using their own network which is a fixed cost, they have to pay other companies for roaming connections so it's not surprising they limit it.
Yeah limiting it to 30gb I'm fine with .

It's limiting how long you can do it for that's a pain. That's the only reason I've stuck with ee as I get my full allowance every month regardless of how long I'm out the UK

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun