MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (55 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Honestly I won't sleep tonight ... neither the dogs or me have has dinner yet lol ..I keep drooling over it.

It really is ideal for me. Even the colour of it I love .

So I'm hoping it's either just as it looks and how he's described it then I'll be buying it.

Or its a complete shed then I'm gonna cry lol.

If it’s a shed just let Ade buy it lol

he’s arranged to pick me up so hopefully between us we’ll have a dam good look all over it for you Tam

I’ll let him roll around on the floor though 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looks a great van Tam, what do you think is going on in the bathroom by the loo roll ?
The wall looks uneven
I zoomed in on that earlier as I also noticed it ... it looks like it's had other things fastened to.the wall at somepoint.. its hard to see , but I wondered if the wall there was covered in some sort of fabric.

It is a 1992 so it will have a lot of things that have been changed and messed with over the years I'd imagine.

I'm just hoping all the essential bits are good and serviceable.

I'll be adding my own touches here and there anyway as if I do buy this one then it's definitely the last one for a good few years.

I like the van I have about 90% , but there are things I miss , I miss the storage, a separate shower , a fixed bed rather than the drop down . And the ability to close the bedroom off from the rest of the van. That one has all of that. So I'm really hopeful.

I'll be so disappointed if its a shed

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If it’s a shed just let Ade buy it lol

he’s arranged to pick me up so hopefully between us we’ll have a dam good look all over it for you Tam

I’ll let him roll around on the floor though 🤣🤣
Brilliant. Take lots of photos for me.

I'm.guessing it doesn't have a drop down bed at front so hoping it has cupboards.. the guys photos aren't the best but what I can see looks good.

Solid built interior by the looks of it too . But it is a 6 tonner .

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
from the photos as previously mentioned this area needs a good looking at

IMG_0739.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
from the photos as previously mentioned this area needs a good looking at

View attachment 904656
Yeah I'm hoping that's a case of fabric with spray adhesive that's bubbling from Heat. But you're right that's the bits that need checked in person . I'm hoping it being an N&B clou that it's lived up to its reputation and not had leaks .. they're usually pretty good. So 🤞🤞

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Check all the glass windows and also pull the carpet ( If it has one) up near the habitation door(and anywhere else you can) and check the floor underneath for mould/rot.

Quality vans though, check the paperwork too for the model number. Not sure you’ll be able to get access to the roof but definitely worth a look at that age, especially for DIY bodge jobs/leaks etc

My old next of the woods I was born in Wakey.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
CaptainPaul <<< raging 😡 there's not going to be a Moby painting party now in Morocco next year!! 😭 lol
Well you never know lol.

If it doesn't happen then this one will still be getting done.

If it does happen there's a few bits of the paintwork on that needing sorted.

Either way those morrocan boys will have some work lol

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Check all the glass windows and also pull the carpet ( If it has one) up near the habitation door(and anywhere else you can) and check the floor underneath for mould/rot.

Quality vans though, check the paperwork too for the model number. Not sure you’ll be able to get access to the roof but definitely worth a look at that age, especially for DIY bodge jobs/leaks etc

It’s more Flockton than wakey, nearer Huddersfield 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Yeah from the pics the glass looks really good on this one. I asked on the phone and it is glass windows and he said they were all good so again fingers crossed. It looks like either tile effect vinyl or .laminate flooring on it from the photos

Hopefully it's a good one. From the conversation I had with the guy he's spent a shed load on it . Interior retrim, respray, new boiler, new Aircon, new fridge , sink , toilet , new rear tyres , new sat dish, new difflock...

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I zoomed in on that earlier as I also noticed it ... it looks like it's had other things fastened to.the wall at somepoint.. its hard to see , but I wondered if the wall there was covered in some sort of fabric.

It is a 1992 so it will have a lot of things that have been changed and messed with over the years I'd imagine.

I'm just hoping all the essential bits are good and serviceable.

I'll be adding my own touches here and there anyway as if I do buy this one then it's definitely the last one for a good few years.

I like the van I have about 90% , but there are things I miss , I miss the storage, a separate shower , a fixed bed rather than the drop down . A

nd the ability to close the bedroom off from the rest of the van. That one has all of that. So I'm really hopeful.

I'll be so disappointed if its a shed
Should have bought a 190 (y)

Like you did before.....

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Should have bought a 190 (y)

Like you did before.....
Yeah but I wanted rear wheel drive and left hand drive .

Merc or iveco.

Didn't want a fiat again.

I liked my 190 but it was only 3500kg etc

I love the layout of the one I have .. mostly.

And if I don't buy something else I'll be happy keeping it for now.

But as I said if the right combination comes up ..

There's been 3 of the right combinations the last week lol.

The rmb , the other clou and this one.

3rd time lucky as they say

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

Merc or iveco.

Haven’t you gone to sleep yet?😁

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Merc or iveco.

At least this one has cab doors :LOL: (y):LOL:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yeah from the pics the glass looks really good on this one. I asked on the phone and it is glass windows and he said they were all good so again fingers crossed. It looks like either tile effect vinyl or .laminate flooring on it from the photos

Hopefully it's a good one. From the conversation I had with the guy he's spent a shed load on it . Interior retrim, respray, new boiler, new Aircon, new fridge , sink , toilet , new rear tyres , new sat dish, new difflock...

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Did you ask him how many owners it has had, the less the better.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Tam

i'm from Normanton which is 3 miles from Wakefield, now I won't profess to know everything their is to know, infact i don't. I've never been in a motorhome of this type, but i've built cars and a show car in my earlier years so not quite as thick as i'm making out.

I wouldn't be able to get underneath due to maybe not being able to get back up again but if you wanted I could give it a once over, take plenty of pictures or post them either on here or direct to you

let me know as we go away on wednesday until next week

Al
I used to live in Normy, Norwood Street just off the motorway.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Did you ask him how many owners it has had, the less the better.
I didn't... I just wanted to make sure he hadn't just bought it. 5 years is OK though , I've never owned a vehicle that long 🤣🤣

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Steady on Tam you’ll have me bidding on it 🤣🤣

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It look in decent Nick for 32 years old, you have to expect wear and tear, a bit of corrosion etc etc as long as no major damage etc
Quality marque for sure and the old Clous are so well put together, if the original price is on the paperwork then you will see how expensive it was.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It look in decent Nick for 32 years old, you have to expect wear and tear, a bit of corrosion etc etc as long as no major damage etc
Quality marque for sure and the old Clous are so well put together, if the original price is on the paperwork then you will see how expensive it was.
Yeah I've seen a good few clous up close over the years and they are good vans. As I've said before jongood clou is much favourite van on this forum , I loved it when he first posted it up and I think it's the nicest motor on here.

A lot of them were ugly buggers though so it's nice to see ones that are actually attractive.

This one is strange as although it's on a merc base that's iveco headlights. Indicators on it . But its a good looking van and the color suits it too.

Nice for hiding in the trees

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back