MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (63 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
She's still very sleepy and not moving about much , she did however pee all over the sofa when I took the other 3 out for a pee 🤷‍♂️. She was sleeping and I thought it would be easier to take her out on her own . So we've a bit of a mess now unfortunately. But she seems OK other than dozy . Just lying getting cuddles. Quite a small wound only about an inch or so ..
20240415_160333.jpg
20240415_185350.jpg

Going to try her with some food in a bit as she must be starving but she's made no effort to drink or eat since her surgery. But vet says 24 hours sleepiness is normal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
She's had some water now and half her dinner , I didn't want to let her eat all of it in one go in case she's sick .. I'll give her the rest later. She's more alert now and wants all the dinner lol but I'd rather she wasn't sick.

They didn't give me a cone or anything to stop her licking the wound so ill have to try and make something with an old t shirt for now . We're parked up in a really dirty horrible picnic spot for tonight but it was the closest thing to the vets I could find that we hopefully won't get hassled at. If all well in morning we will head away from bolu for the day and night and come back on Wednesday for her check up. I'm sure she'll be fine though .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Poor Blu, but best for all in the long run 🫠🫠
Yeah I've been telling her that lol. I did feel a bit guilty early as I caused this discomfort etc but we don't want the hassle of having to avoid strays everywhere over the next few months and they say its best for her in later life .

Jade is the only one I had this with before and it was over 5 years ago now so I can't remember it . But I'm sure she was back to normal in no time.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s a bit like if you had the snip Tam. It’s uncomfortable for a week but after that the benefits are great. 👍
I had the snip when I was 30 lol. Blu is being much braver than me. I had a butcher lol I was in agony for days .

A mate of mine was back at work the same day ...God knows how he did it

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Are you sparing us the details of the disposal of the mice Tam or did they pack their bags and leave of their own accord(y):giggle:
I've seen no trace of them so I'm guessing they've either left or they stashed enough nuts under the floor to have lasted this long.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I've to come back to vet on Wednesday for a check up and some antibiotics. He's given her 48 hour painkiller and antibiotic injection today .
So he’s obviously got the patients interests at heart and Blu is doing well,all could not be better.
Our pets give us unconditional love and l know in your case it’s the same in reverse your love for them is unconditional and they know that hence the emotion felt when they wouldn’t eat, start to chill you are doing a brilliant job in the commitment you took on in building your family.
Tomorrow is another day and l am sure you will all feel much better.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Check to see if they have a hate crime rule first😉

Cheers🍻
I honestly don't know what it is with them . They walk past the van see ela or jade sitting in the front seat ...go closer and press their faces to the window or tap on it , dogs start barking and instead of doing the sensible thing and feckin off they proceed to tap on the window more 🙄 causing the dogs to just go crazy.

It's bad enough when I'm in the van and I can tell the dogs to be quiet or move them in to the back ( which I shouldn't have to do ad it's their home ) but when I'm not in the van they're worse because they're guarding it . But that's how you see people's windows etc being broken by idiots thinking dogs are in distress , they're not in distress because it's warm etc its because there are brainless people about .

Had it a few times with Moroccans but rarely in other countries but jees the turks do it every bloody day. The guys in the petrol stations are the worst. One sees the dogs and calls over their friends to come see. On some occasions there's 5 or 6 idiots all tapping on the front windows. And most don't understand english so it's pointless trying to explain to them they're distressing my dogs

Sometimes I just hate people 😒

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I honestly don't know what it is with them . They walk past the van see ela or jade sitting in the front seat ...go closer and press their faces to the window or tap on it , dogs start barking and instead of doing the sensible thing and feckin off they proceed to tap on the window more 🙄 causing the dogs to just go crazy.

It's bad enough when I'm in the van and I can tell the dogs to be quiet or move them in to the back ( which I shouldn't have to do ad it's their home ) but when I'm not in the van they're worse because they're guarding it . But that's how you see people's windows etc being broken by idiots thinking dogs are in distress , they're not in distress because it's warm etc its because there are brainless people about .

Had it a few times with Moroccans but rarely in other countries but jees the turks do it every bloody day. The guys in the petrol stations are the worst. One sees the dogs and calls over their friends to come see. On some occasions there's 5 or 6 idiots all tapping on the front windows. And most don't understand english so it's pointless trying to explain to them they're distressing my dogs

Sometimes I just hate people 😒
There must be a reason for this. Are they gormless? Is it such a novelty for them to see dogs in a vehicle?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good morning Tam, hope you and the dugs had a peaceful night 👍
Morning , not tio bad but I was awake a few times through the night . Quite a noisy place to park this was but there weren't many options , blu slept well , she's moving about more and back to eating and drinking as normal .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
There must be a reason for this. Are they gormless? Is it such a novelty for them to see dogs in a vehicle?
I've no idea , you do see people with pet dogs here but they're few and far between . Everyone has cats , I don't know why they do it but they don't interact with dogs properly ..as I said I saw it in Morocco too , they click their fingers at the dogs and say hey hey hey etc and expect the dogs to go to them... their whole body language is off and the dogs can sense it . But the tapping on the windows really annoys me ... I'm constantly cleaning the cab windows between greasy hand prints and the dogs obviously putting wet noses and paws on them.

I've not the patience for it lol ....like I said in another post I just wanna slap them round the face Hitler style and scream "vy vy vy you do dis du shweinhund"

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Its a culture thing, Muslims see dogs as dirty creatures and will try and avoid physical contact with them, its the same in any predominantly Muslim culture, you are a novelty with the dogs in the van so its like a child with a new toy to them, they can * interact* with the dog safe in the knowledge that its behind glass and cannot easily get to them

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Its a culture thing, Muslims see dogs as dirty creatures and will try and avoid physical contact with them, its the same in any predominantly Muslim culture, you are a novelty with the dogs in the van so its like a child with a new toy to them, they can * interact* with the dog safe in the knowledge that its behind glass and cannot easily get to them
My thoughts also, you are in their country, so it's their rules, they probably think the same way about you as you do them.
If you don't like it, don't go.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
It’s a bit like if you had the snip Tam. It’s uncomfortable for a week but after that the benefits are great. 👍
You are joking aren’t you!? I had some trainee do mine in a teaching hospital and ended up losing pints of blood and spent a further 3 days in hospital whilst they re stitched properly and gave me blood transfusions. Complete waste of time as AIDs started up so I couldn’t use my blank firing ‘Love wand’ for fear of catching something. 😜

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My thoughts also, you are in their country, so it's their rules, they probably think the same way about you as you do them.
If you don't like it, don't go.
Ah well my van my rules so from now on when I'm at petrol stations or I park to go in a supermarket etc I'm going to leave both front windows half open . If some idiot loses a finger then it's their own fault. My dogs aren't there to entertain halfwits

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad to see Blu is on the up, drinking and passing water is a good sign 👌 give her a big hug of me 🤗 hope you all get a good nights rest 🤞
Aye she's been back to normal today like nothings happened. Must be good pain relief he injected. Gotta go back tomorrow for more
20240416_120037_copy_1046x645.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back