MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (27 Viewers)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Looked like a good garage, at least a good selection of high quality oils, was that price just for parts and oils..? If it was for total then that’s a very good price as the parts alone would cost that here…🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Looked like a good garage, at least a good selection of high quality oils, was that price just for parts and oils..? If it was for total then that’s a very good price as the parts alone would cost that here…🤔
That was the total

7 litres Mobil 10w40 oil
Iveco oil filter
Mann diesel filter
Air filter was a Turkish brand not heard of it.

Took them about 45 minutes

First garage I tried aswell. It's quite cool in Turkey the garages all have their own industrial estates. So there's maybe 50 + garages all next time each other.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
02.20 and still a carpark full of noisy turkeys.... Wednesday night Thursday morning I can only assume they ain't got jobs to go to in the morning. 🙄

And of course its a large carpark where they could have parked away from me to sit outside and yabber but no they had to all park right next to me.

No other parking spots within 20 miles of here either.

Roll on the 28th lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It was after 4 by the time the turkeys left and then I was woken at 07.45 by 2 other turkeys collecting the aluminium cans left over from the others. They never picked up any of the other rubbish though lol just the cans as I assume they get money for them . So I've had about 3 hours sleep at a stretch ..

Whilst awake last night I was thinking about my next move after Turkey... my original plan was to spend a month in Bulgaria and Romania before heading to Hungary, Slovakia and possibly Poland.

But I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just go back to Greece and enjoy 2 months there before getting the camping on board ferry back to Italy and then spend the last month driving up through the dolomites through Austria etc back home.

Not decided yet as there was a large bit of Bulgaria I didn't see and I've not been to Poland but I'm also weighing up where I'm most likely to actually meet other folk travelling etc ...

I'll give it more thought over the next few days.

Temperature is getting up now, think it was 29/30° yesterday and today's heading the same way ... 8.45 and the van is already roasting

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
It's really cold here. Getting so bored of it now and my utility room is bursting full of veg plants that need to go out but it's been terribly windy and cold. Had crazy hail recently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's really cold here. Getting so bored of it now and my utility room is bursting full of veg plants that need to go out but it's been terribly windy and cold. Had crazy hail recently.
Yeah I've heard it's not great back in UK. ...could be worse . You could be in dubai. 🤣

25° here already and it's not 10am yet. I'm boiling.

Meant to rain after 4pm though according to forecast.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Tickety Boo here in Dhún na nGall bit overcast but high pressure nudging in from the Atlantic 🙂
20240418-084304_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sounds perfect, hopefully it will be in the 30's later.(y)(y)(y)
Perfect if you're sat outside.. doing nowt. But I wanted to change my front brake pads today.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
With the prices that garage charges its not worth the hassle.
Aye but they aren't great at doing the job right uncle lenny. I mean I've had rear shoes replaced yet my handbrake us shite , rear pads replaced and still feels like it's sticking sometimes. Brakes bled yet still spongy .. even the guys yesterday left oil all over the underside of the van i had to clean up this morning.

The stuff I can do myself I would rather do it then I know its right. I still need the brake fluid completely changed and the brakes bled . I'll get that done in a garage as it's a 2 man job . But honestly I'm either the unluckiest man alive or mechanics just don't take any pride in their work anymore they do half a job

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
It was after 4 by the time the turkeys left and then I was woken at 07.45 by 2 other turkeys collecting the aluminium cans left over from the others. They never picked up any of the other rubbish though lol just the cans as I assume they get money for them . So I've had about 3 hours sleep at a stretch ..

Whilst awake last night I was thinking about my next move after Turkey... my original plan was to spend a month in Bulgaria and Romania before heading to Hungary, Slovakia and possibly Poland.

But I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just go back to Greece and enjoy 2 months there before getting the camping on board ferry back to Italy and then spend the last month driving up through the dolomites through Austria etc back home.

Not decided yet as there was a large bit of Bulgaria I didn't see and I've not been to Poland but I'm also weighing up where I'm most likely to actually meet other folk travelling etc ...

I'll give it more thought over the next few days.

Temperature is getting up now, think it was 29/30° yesterday and today's heading the same way ... 8.45 and the van is already roasting
That’s a fine plan, my favourite European destination, Greece is hard to beat 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Greece will be starting to get nice and warm now but Tam will moan about that. :LOL:
Aye but Greece has miles and miles of coastline that I won't get in other places.

I've not decided yet ... just one reason for doing Bulgaria etc again was the non shengen part

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back