MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (48 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Decided I'd stay at this Riverside picnic spot tonight ... we had lunch and a wee walk and then I fell asleep on the sofa around 2, 2.30pm ....I woke up about an hour ago and I'm completely surrounded, it's like every person in the village has descended. Cars are all double parked the picnic benches are all full I've even got families picnicking on the ground right outside my camper .. couldn't move if I wanted to. Started to think it was a bit strange for a Friday afternoon so had a Google and now I realise why it was so noisy in cide last night and why it's so busy here . It's eid al fitr since Wednesday night till midnight tonight ... marking the end of Ramadan. I hope its not a crazy noisy night again tonight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2018
Funny you should say that, I had a farmer fixing a fence for me once and an injured crow was walking around my field. It had lost part of its wing and the farmer took great pleasure in beating it to death. I was not impressed with him at all. But, I have wood pigeons who nest every year in my hedge and they don't bother me at all. I also had a dovecote with 6 doves and the sparrowhawk took them all out and a pond where the heron took all of my goldfish. I once found a farmer sitting in his range rover on the lane where I live, with a shotgun and I asked him what are you up to and he said he was going to shoot the heron that was stealing the fish from his pond:X3: I am all talk though I can't even kill a spider:X3:
Get your "lucky white heather here" :dance2:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I was going to say that was a waste of time but it wasn't really but it was a learning curve.

So the vet was meant to be closed on Sundays but as I'd been to the supermarket in bolu and the vet was just round the corner I thought I'd go see how to get there suss out parking etc so I could return tomorrow. But as I pulled up outside I could see it was open.. there was a guy outside with a cat that was doing the toilet... turned out ge wasn't the vet but his friend ... he said the vet would be back in 10 minutes, so I waited and sure enough the vet turns up on a brand new scooter.

He spoke English well but still had a bit bother explaining what I wanted done , got there in the end .. and he then asked if I wanted tea , his friend and him were more interested in asking about Scotland and going on about feckin braveheart the most historically inaccurate film ever. So being polite I accepted the tea , he told me it was roughly 10000 tl which is nearly £250 which is expensive and I said so ... he then starts asking what I want to pay lol. I said I expected about £120- 150 which is 5000-6000tl , never did get an answer to that as they changed the subject again , the other guy had had his cat operated on in the last day or 2 it had some growth removed from its back and at one point he left to take the cat home , the vet just kept chatting about my travels etc ... then he said he would do the operation today ? , I was quite surprised at that and said doesn't she need to have fasted etc before getting an anaesthetic? ...he just shrugged and Said not a problem , I can do it today . I was a bit wary about that but just then the guy with the cat turns up again and it's bleeding as the stitches on its back had opened up ... at that point I just said I needed to go take the dogs out to the toilet and have some lunch and I'd come back and I left .

I'm sorry but I just don't trust him and I'm not taking the chance

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So anyway I went to another vet in bolu after lunch , he seems much more professional, he asked to see blu so I took her in , he weighed her (18kg) and gave her a bit of a check over. Showed me his price list and for a dog up to 10kg it's 5000tl, 10-20kg is 6000tl and 20kg above is 7000tl

So my guesstimate at the other place was right and he was obviously a chancer.

Vet said he can do her tomorrow but she hasn't to have any food after midnight tonight . ..she won't be happy about that lol , I'll have to not feed the other 3 till she's at the vets.

I've to take her In at 10.30 tomorrow.

So I'm parked up about 20 minutes drive from the vets at another lake . ...Once again it is very busy with locals picknicking... the turks really like to picnic

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Some photos from yesterday's park up
20240413_154727_copy_1101x774.jpg
org_6e3f61957bc5fb38_1713016972000_copy_1622x1216.jpg
org_0f16571ec3161c1b_1713017116000_copy_1622x1216.jpg
org_47b9c772b54b350d_1713017418000_copy_1622x1216.jpg
org_591985d06d7e775c_1713017486000_copy_1622x1216.jpg
org_0386bd4bacc229f4_1713017504000_copy_1622x1216.jpg
org_38165196369bced1_1713017536000_copy_1622x1216.jpg
20240414_100147_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240414_100151_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240414_102908_copy_1302x962.jpg
20240414_102916_copy_1612x1209.jpg

And this is the dodgy vet and his scooter buddy lol
20240414_131612_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240414_131618_copy_1612x1209.jpg

The vets the one in the checked shirt , hakkan is his name that was his new scooter he just collected this morning , the grey one was his friends ahmet.

They were more interested in the scooters and asking about Scotland than blu , he never even asked to see her.

Weird too as his practice has good reviews that's why I went there. But I had googled average price of spaying and neutering the other day so I expected around the 5-6000 lira price

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think you did the right thing Tam. The price he said was to pay towards his new scooter. 👍
Yeah the price was bad enough but when he said he could do it there and then I just lost confidence in him. And then the cats stitches etc I thought nah I'm not risking him doing something wrong.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
The new vet sounds so much more professional - can't be too careful where our animal friends are concerned. Once Blu is getting over the op. she will make sure she milks the sympathy as only dogs can. It may be difficult to stop her jumping about with the others while she recuperates.
Will you need to stay near the vets until her stitches are removed?
Hope the others don't blame her for no breakfast tomorrow.
Sue

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The new vet sounds so much more professional - can't be too careful where our animal friends are concerned. Once Blu is getting over the op. she will make sure she milks the sympathy as only dogs can. It may be difficult to stop her jumping about with the others while she recuperates.
Will you need to stay near the vets until her stitches are removed?
Hope the others don't blame her for no breakfast tomorrow.
Sue
I'm not sure they have to go back to have stitches removed none of the others did so I'm hoping not . Google says sore etc for 2/3 days but should be recovered in a week . It will be hard to stop her charging about but to be honest she's the worst for that these days anyway .

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Tam, I bought a baby/toddler vest for my dog to wear when she was spayed. Front legs in the arms, poppers done up under her bum.
It stopped her licking the wound. Just thinking that might be easier than a neck cone in the Moho?

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Tam, I bought a baby/toddler vest for my dog to wear when she was spayed. Front legs in the arms, poppers done up under her bum.
It stopped her licking the wound. Just thinking that might be easier than a neck cone in the Moho?
The vets supplied us with one of them when we had our boy dog done in Feb. 23. I bought a second one off them so I could wash and change it and they said I was the first person to ever do that as he won't need two. They were right I ended up taking it back and getting a refund(y):giggle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's a good idea if I can find one somewhere. I had thought about one of my t shirts but that might be better

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is one of the things I really dislike about Turkey... and will play a big part in my decision to ever return.

It's like a police state ... its Something that bugged me with Morocco too.
The thing is they have so many police and so many gendarmes they literally have nothing to do, or they do in some ways but don't actually do it.

There was little choice in the town of bolu for overnight parking only a side street in a residential area or a supermarket carpark that was the only 2 options on park4night, so I drove to this lake , it was 50tl to park and I specifically asked the guy was it OK to stay overnight and he said yes no problem. So I endured all the noise , smoke from bbqs etc earlier and the rubbish that has been left as usual so that I could at least have a quiet night once they'd all gone . Everyone bar a few stragglers had buggered off by 8pm ... I went to bed at 11pm ... I swear I had no sooner turned off the light than I hear a car approach and then the bloody siren , and then a loud bang at the door , of course the dogs are all going nuts . I get up fumbling about in the dark trying to put clothes on and this clown is still knocking. So eventually I open the door and 4 gendarmes standing there. Telling me it's forbidden to stay here and I must go ... I used my translator to tell them the guard when I entered said it was OK to stay.. they say he has no authority and I must go ... so.i typed that I had an appointment in the morning in the town and that it was not easy for me to move at this time of night and where was I meant to go . After a few mumbles and groans amongst them they said OK and left . But looking out the window there's about 3 of the bloody vans circling around the lake as you can see the blue and red lights ... so now I can't feckin relax and I also don't want to try and drive out of this bumpy field in the dark . It just gets my goat that I'm doing no harm , I'm parked away out the way minding my own business , there's nothing to say I can't stay here , I asked permission and was given it yet you can't relax for these bored buggers cruising round looking for problems that don't exsist.

I mean honestly does no one else get pissed off at the fact there's loads of crime out there that doesn't get dealt with yet the police and the toy army has nowt better to do than cruise around bothering people that aren't doing anything wrong.

Everyone in this country speeds , half the cars are unroadworthy, no one wears crash helmets , everyone throws litter around etc and the police don't bat an eye , there's passport checks every 10/20 miles etc again with usually about 6 or 8 police or gendarmes at them .

It just seems a big waste of money and resources to me.

You've either to.park in noisy places or risk getting bothered with bored police at night.

I'm now just hoping I don't get woken up in the middle of the night with one of the other cars or vans cruising around.

I.have to say I'm looking forward to.leaving Turkey in a fortnight as I'm getting a little tired of it now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back