Jul

Highlands End Campsite & Jurassic Fields Festival Dorset Meet 7-11 July 2022 (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Thank you so much. I've had such a lot of support from yourselves and the forum. I must admit one of the myriad of thoughts going through my mind was, perhaps I should not bother going on with this hobby. Let's see how it pans out.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
How easy is it to get to the festival, we have bikes but SHMBO hates hills.
Walking down is the most popular option & taxi back (from outside Morrisons) but best to book taxis for night time & especially Saturday night. We are going to try walking down & back via the footpath across the fields rather than the road way in case that has been improved this year - it may have been as next year the Festival will be held in fields belonging to Highlands End.

Is there somewhere convenient/safe to leave bikes at the festival?

We don’t care about hills as we have electric bikes. :giggle:(y)

But we would hate to lose them :(

As carolyn posted Morrisons car park is probably the best bet for parking bikes but maybe not wise to leave high value bikes there at Festival time.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can you tell me if there is an area reserved for the funsters or do we camp anywhere? I had an email this week stating that you will be automatically let in as they have ANPR cameras and to pitch up anywhere.
We stop at Reception to check in & confirm vehicle registration then they give us a map of the site & point out where pitches of the type we have booked are located e.g. grass or gravel then we drive down & pick one of that type. There is no need to go back up to Reception to advise of pitch number as the wardens drive around & note which vehicle is on which pitch. We are unable to reserve pitches or have our own area on this popular campsite but not normally far from fellow Funsters for a friendly chat :)
I've not had an email about ANPR cameras nor seen any mention of it on their Facebook page - could that email have been from another campsite?

Last edited:

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
We stop at Reception to check in & confirm vehicle registration then they give us a map of the site & point out where pitches of the type we have booked are located e.g. grass or gravel then we drive down & pick one of that type. There is no need to go back up to Reception to advise of pitch number as the wardens drive around & note which vehicle is on which pitch. We are unable to reserve pitches or have our own area on this popular campsite but not normally far from fellow Funsters for a friendly chat :)
I've not had an email about ANPR cameras nor seen any mention of it on their Facebook page - could that email have been from another campsite?
This was attached to my email-
Highlands End Holiday Park

• Self Catering & Glamping – Check in from 4pm. Please park in the arrivals bay and visit the Park Reception to collect your key
  • Touring & Camping – Check in from 1pm. There is no need to visit the Park Reception. The ANPR barrier will let you through to the park, providing you have given us the correct vehicle registration – to provide us with a new or up-to-date registration, please call 01308 426912.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This was attached to my email-
Highlands End Holiday Park

• Self Catering & Glamping – Check in from 4pm. Please park in the arrivals bay and visit the Park Reception to collect your key
  • Touring & Camping – Check in from 1pm. There is no need to visit the Park Reception. The ANPR barrier will let you through to the park, providing you have given us the correct vehicle registration – to provide us with a new or up-to-date registration, please call 01308 426912.
Thank you for that - not had the pre-arrival email yet but confirmed as above on their website too <Broken link removed> (y)
I'll double check that barrier will let us in from midday on Thursday in case that has changed too...

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As above I'm double checking if early arrival on Thursday is still possible with the new ANPR system plus I have asked about Wednesday too so will post as soon as I hear back.
Going to miss seeing you both as well as the others

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As above I'm double checking if early arrival on Thursday is still possible with the new ANPR system plus I have asked about Wednesday too so will post as soon as I hear back.
UPDATE: The barrier will lift from midday for those arriving a day early on Wednesday & on arrivals day Thursday (y) :) Double check when you get the email headed "NEW Important Pre-Arrival Information for Highlands End Holiday Park" that they have the correct vehicle registration - this email should be in your Inbox today for Wednesday arrivals & tomorrow for Thursday arrivals.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Received thanks. 👍Not expecting to be there before 13:00 on Weds though. Satnav is saying 5 hours from Lincoln.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
UPDATE: The barrier will lift from midday for those arriving a day early on Wednesday & on arrivals day Thursday (y) :) Double check when you get the email headed "NEW Important Pre-Arrival Information for Highlands End Holiday Park" that they have the correct vehicle registration - this email should be in your Inbox today for Wednesday arrivals & tomorrow for Thursday arrivals.
There goes my Wednesday lie in :tounge:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Nick’s golf is cancelled so I’m itching to leave! Normally I moan about the golf as it means we can’t arrive early but now we’re ready to go and can’t leave yet, no pleasing some people(me). We’re only an hour away so I could do some cleaning but why waste a couple of hours of my life?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are here already, last evening there wasn’t a spare pitch to be seen, even on the grass pitches. Some people will have to get packed up and go soon !

OIG

Oct 28, 2017
Ormskirk
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2016
Mr confused here.....
What's this about shuffling.
Don't we just go and find a pitch

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Mr confused here.....
What's this about shuffling.
Don't we just go and find a pitch
Some people want the perceived to be best (but smallish and often very wind blown) pitches overlooking the bay. We never bothered as the views were good from other pitches, but it was fun watching the camping equivalent of beach towel/sunlounger draping every day

Reactions: OIG
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve arrived and set up in our favourite area, took a gamble as it’s the bit they’ve just laid down to gravel pitches, we normally choose grass. Think we’ve managed to scare off Hils and Glenns by saying we’d be miserable neighbours.

Relaxing in the sun now before tracking down my cousin. There will be two more of them tomorrow, we’re taking over!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Down in the cheap seats nice funster neighbours working from wheels

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Lovely sunny day & good to catch up with old Funster friends & meet some new ones :hi5: Due to popular request everyone is invited to meet up in the Bar Beer Garden tonight - around 8pm ish? It's a walk up back past the static caravans & the Bar is to the right of the Reception & Shop. Can get to the Beer Garden either by going through the Bar/Restaurant or there's a path to the right around the end of the Pool building.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Lovely sunny day & good to catch up with old Funster friends & meet some new ones :hi5: Due to popular request everyone is invited to meet up in the Bar Beer Garden tonight - around 8pm ish? It's a walk up back past the static caravans & the Bar is to the right of the Reception & Shop. Can get to the Beer Garden either by going through the Bar/Restaurant or there's a path to the right around the end of the Pool building.
…..and very dog friendly 👍

Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Question regarding the music festival.
Are we allowed to take camping chairs in as we are ‘a bit old’ :confused:

I noticed that at the Party in the Park, London they specifically state ‘no chairs only blankets’.

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back