Current U.K. law on up plating has been changed WITHOUT consultation

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Ok thanks, now I get it. Despite the message in the SV Tech letter, I took the view that it was better to ask forgiveness than to seek permission and when I sent the V5 off (M1 in section J) using the logic that they could only say no, I applied to change the taxation class to PHGV as well as the 4000kg uprate. Not only was the V5 waiting on the doormat when we got back today with 4000 kg and PHGV taxation class plus a separate letter telling me to change the direct debit by applying for new one and cancelling the previous.

The moral of this story is to apply for PHGV anyway

Happy duck!
I sent my V5 and change of taxation letter off to the DVLA on 30 September, up-plating to 4000Kg. It is classified as a Motor Caravan, so 🤞 it will also be approved. How long did it take for the paperwork to be returned from the DVLA?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I sent my V5 and change of taxation letter off to the DVLA on 30 September, up-plating to 4000Kg. It is classified as a Motor Caravan, so 🤞 it will also be approved. How long did it take for the paperwork to be returned from the DVLA?
You have specifically request for the taxation class to be changed - the box is to the right of the one requesting the uprate. If you did that then spot on! It took about 3 weeks but it appeared on the dvla website on 2nd October with the paperwork arriving today

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You have specifically request for the taxation class to be changed - the box is to the right of the one requesting the uprate. If you did that then spot on! It took about 3 weeks but it appeared on the dvla website on 2nd October with the paperwork arriving today
I completed form V70, I did not complete the part on the V5 about taxation, as I assumed that completing the V70 form requesting a change of taxation class would cover that?

1728585126483.png

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I completed form V70, I did not complete the part on the V5 about taxation, as I assumed that completing the V70 form requesting a change of taxation class would cover that?

View attachment 963154
Other people could answer better but all I did was put PHGV under tax class rather than left blank

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
And yet we have as a generation spent more than we earned and left the bill for the next generation the figures are a matter of fact. I too have never been on the dole or used a food bank neither though would I campaign for higher state pensions as a lot of here seem to having only paid for a very basic pension for generations before.
But has that not always been the situation?
The next generation spent more than the last?

When I was a teenager in the 50's, no-one I knew, and that included their Fathers ( women rarely worked full time) earned a £1000 per year.

So the average wage and spending by the next generation of £5000, would look horrendous. A four fold increase! 😱

As I have said many times before, on the Internet, one can find a graph or statement or 'experts' to fit EVERY SITUATION.
One just has to look for it!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But has that not always been the situation?
The next generation spent more than the last?

When I was a teenager in the 50's, no-one I knew, and that included their Fathers ( women rarely worked full time) earned a £1000 per year.

So the average wage and spending by the next generation of £5000, would look horrendous. A four fold increase! 😱

As I have said many times before, on the Internet, one can find a graph or statement or 'experts' to fit EVERY SITUATION.
One just has to look for it!
The national debt was very high after both world wars but had been steadily increasing for years (and risen rapidly in covid) despite us having the advantage of north sea oil. We have as a nation just put off paying until later and spent " on tick" The national debt is usually quoted as a percentage of GDP so the inflationary figures you quote for wages have already been taken into account.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not specifically on up-plating but this article was in Birmingham Live a week or so back!

Don't shoot the messenger!:pray:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Not specifically on up-plating but this article was in Birmingham Live a week or so back!

Deleted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

Birmingham Live :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ............. always big shock headlines with sod all in the way of a story, the kings of click bate. :rolleyes:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Birmingham Live :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ............. always big shock headlines with sod all in the way of a story, the kings of click bate. :rolleyes:

Especially ‘Exact date freeze/heatwave/flood/famine/plague of locusts/etc to hit UK’. Don’t know how they infiltrated my Newsfeed as I never click on anything associated with the rag?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

as said ,just click bait. Not even worth the paper that was wasted printing it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And always on Google news......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun