What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Today I’ve fixed the 240volt element on my Truma C3402 boiler.
A year ago it failed due to the thermal switch failing and this time it was the thermal fuse, part was £13 from R/S components.
Easy enough job and a lot cheaper than a new belt element.
Last time I found a price it was more than £400

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Not exactly a fix...... another MOT pass with zero issues.... tester commented on the weight of the MoHo....like how light it is...lol...considering it is pretty much as is when Mrs Sg and I take off (aside of Mrs Sg, fridge of food, clothes, water in the tank) all was as normal and was way lighter than I thought it would be..... but being a MoHo owner himself he was well impressed at what payload we'd have...lol..... my next "fix" is wash inside and out, load and ready for our Manchester trip in early December, before similar before we get away for Christmas....yay

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
After the initial failing of the mot, I stripped, cleaned and adjusted handbrake and put some fuel additives in, but still failed on emissions and handbrake 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

So renewed rear discs and sailed through the reshow.

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Lanoguard is what I used, there is a thread on here that gave me the idea. I used nearly 2 liters.
I prepped the moho with wire brush attachments for a drill ,then power washed underneath. Mucky job ,but took my time over several days.
Applied the Lanoguard today,wrnt on really easily,got to wait a couple of days for it to go off,and it takes a week to cure,so time will tell.
Well worth che king out there website and having a read.Also reviews on YouTube 👍

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Our water pump would pulse every now and again as if the system was not holding pressure while we were away in September.
Looked like there was a drip or two coming from the hot water tank dump valve, so I open and closed it a few times to get it to seal which sort of worked.
Thought that I had better have a look at the seal on the dump valve and found that seal had collected a fair bit of grot which is probably why it was not sealing too well.
Fitted a new seal now, so hopefully, that will solve the problem.

It's pretty handy being able to just remove the seal and knob assembely without having to remove the whole valve unit which would be a pain in the backside on our van.
1670163575556.png

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Was away last week in Belgium and on the last night stop off in a free Aire, the Fridge wouldn't light on gas 🤷🤦
Anyway..... didn't matter as we were home next day. So.....bit of interweb searching as you do then set to task. Bottom grill off, airline to blow out the burner and jet.....checked if it would light.... Nope....but it was sparking. So next was check the gas valve electric connections.... Off and clean up, refit....test....nope nothing but sparking. Tried lighting it nope nothing, so next I restarted the fridge to spark, gave the gas valve a tap with the handle of the screwdriver that I used for the grille and tick tick tick and it burst into life with a lovely blue flame..... Job done.
I've been using Autogas from Morrisons in my Safefill bottles but not sure if that has any bearing to this random fault. I'll also add we tend mostly to chill on 240v before heading out then 12v obviously and mainly use site hook up more than gas onsite..... Anyway....off to a long time booked Castleton CAMC site on Wednesday next..... Safe Travels

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Today I’ve fixed the 240volt element on my Truma C3402 boiler.
A year ago it failed due to the thermal switch failing and this time it was the thermal fuse, part was £13 from R/S components.
Easy enough job and a lot cheaper than a new belt element.
Last time I found a price it was more than £400
I also have a Truma C3402 which I cannot get to light, just wondered if you ever had similar issues.
I took it to Dave Newell and his thinking was that the gas valve had failed but have sourced a working 2nd hand one and now waiting on an appointment for Dave to fit it.
Any advice appreciated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I also have a Truma C3402 which I cannot get to light, just wondered if you ever had similar issues.
I took it to Dave Newell and his thinking was that the gas valve had failed but have sourced a working 2nd hand one and now waiting on an appointment for Dave to fit it.
Any advice appreciated
Now sorry, haven’t needed to work on the gas side of the boiler.

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Spent the last few hours lubricating (with Vaseline) all the roof light & blind runner’s so they now glide.
Also fixed the so annoying shower door catch which actually works perfectly now 👍 gone from thinking it’s a pathetic design to loving it 👌

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Spent the last few hours lubricating (with Vaseline) all the roof light & blind runner’s so they now glide.
Also fixed the so annoying shower door catch which actually works perfectly now 👍 gone from thinking it’s a pathetic design to loving it 👌
Make sure you don't get it on the rubber seals Vaseline will destroy them. It is the last product I would get anywhere near a Motorhome it's petroleum based.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
I agree with the vaseline no no, i also have a personal issue with WD40 apart from using it as a release agent i.e. rusted bolts n nuts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I agree with the vaseline no no, i also have a personal issue with WD40 apart from using it as a release agent i.e. rusted bolts n nuts.
Same here, for lubrication I use silicon or PTFE. WD40 was great in its day but too many plastics in everything these days not worth the risk.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Finally got round to changing fuse from solar controller to leisure batteries, as hadn’t been charging them. Well so I thought

So dismantled the panel enclosure to gain access and located a blue 15 amp fuse. All good so far.

before replacing fuse went to disconnect wires to and from the solar controller to notice all the lights now on and on green. Strange as hadn’t been working since last year !!

So got test meter out and checked across output terminals from controller to battery. Yep a good 14.2V. Checked the battery terminals on the batteries for each battery and also across the pair. To satisfy myself all good connections. All 13.9V. So ok there.

To put everything back together again.

Hadn’t needed to change to fuse.

Mind you the main control panel only showed 12.3V. Strange thing

Gremlins eh 😳😳😂

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So got test meter out and checked across output terminals from controller to battery. Yep a good 14.2V. Checked the battery terminals on the batteries for each battery and also across the pair. To satisfy myself all good connections. All 13.9V. So ok there.
Sounds like it would be worth changing the cables with that volt drop.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Fixed the fault on the truma heater, how? just drove it from the storage area home, hooked it up to the electric, at home, tried it on. Gas, electric and combined on eco and high, only thing i had changed was opening a vent into the living area (dont like the cold air before the heat comes through 🤣) think i will still take an extra means of heating just in case though.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Ordered a missing seat belt height adjustment knob - been seeing it not there for 3 years so an urgent solution required 😀.
Also ordered a remote relay for the brake pedal circuit to hopefully act as an immobiliser on my Comfortmatic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back