The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I get irritated by people in VW's making comments about MPG and going to Cornwall :banghead:

My revenge is pointing out that they paid more for their poorly equipped day van than most people pay for a MH and they still have to sh*t in the bushes :LOL:

Don't get me started on Cornwall.......
Yep had one opposite us at porth beach in July, telling all our neighbours he could go anywhere unlike our "big unit that had to bring a tow car"

Revenge was we booked with DA £21/night he'd booked direct @ £60/ night and had to eat out every night as he couldn't cook in his old plumber van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I get irritated by people in VW's making comments about MPG and going to Cornwall :banghead:

My revenge is pointing out that they paid more for their poorly equipped day van than most people pay for a MH and they still have to sh*t in the bushes :LOL:

Don't get me started on Cornwall.......
I was filling up one day locally and the guy on the next pump said "what does that do to the gallon then" I said "about 19 what does you BMW M5 do" he laughed and said "about the same" yes but I have a shower toilet and bed in this :LOL:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Any downsides to a remap?
Physics suggests you can't increase something without a decrease in something else
Yes I was advised not to go up to 220hp as it would/could strain the clutch/comfortmatic box by Quantum👍🤪🤪

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
But they're not likely to list any negatives, are they?
Well no one ever lists negatives or downsides to anything really. But it states it puts no strain on any parts etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Yes I was advised not to go up to 220hp as it would/could strain the clutch/comfortmatic box by Quantum👍🤪🤪

When we had the Comanche 180bhp 5000kgs Comformatic I had it mapped to 210bhp, no increase/decrease in mpg, a bit more torque on hills which was nice and nothing untoward regards the gearbox in 3 years of ownership.

The Rapido is same 180bhp and weight but new 9sp box and is chalk n cheese compared to the Comanche and i’m not considering having it mapped as imo there’s no need to 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Just been up to Nyvern place where he kindly assisted with welding a bit pipe on the generator external exhaust so that's now sorted. Weather still crap here but supposed to clear up a bit after 3pm so will hopefully get the generator back mounted under the van .. 🤞🤞

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
Fact is all those quoted increases are purely theoretical. Without a dyno there is no way of knowing the output before or after.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Just worked mine out, driving at 70mph on the motorway we get 16.6 mpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't do mpg as it's much easier to work out miles or km per litre, as that's the standard measure for fuel working out how much you need for a journey is easier.

We seem to average 6.6 miles/11 km per litre so to allow a safe margin I always work on 10 km to a litre.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
It dose t matter to me how much fuel is. For years I only ever put twenty quids worth in. 😂🤔👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back