The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (84 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ordered my new headlamps from opie oils £84 for the pair , new wiper blades £34 , new inline fuel filter for genny £2.50 and a can of petrol.

Cleaned round all the skylights earlier ... definitely need resealed so I'll do that tomorrow

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Ordered my new headlamps from opie oils £84 for the pair , new wiper blades £34 , new inline fuel filter for genny £2.50 and a can of petrol.

Cleaned round all the skylights earlier ... definitely need resealed so I'll do that tomorrow
Do you know how to set the side on the headlamps? 3 holes

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
I'm loving this thread, it's the best read I have in a long time, a man with a mission and his very helpful mate, Just Smiffy top man, sorted me out an Oil Filler Cap earlier this year. I won't forget that act of kindness.(y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I reckon Tam is tapping all the coolant pipes at the back of the fridge, whilst Gary and the dogs have their ears stuck to it listening for positive gurgles or strange noises.
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Did you manage to get the fridge up and running?
Not yet its still upside down .. decided to leave it 48 hours for good measure as having had a Google for a replacement it's not going to be easy to get. So fingers crossed when we refitt it tomorrow it works or I'm buggered lol.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I told tam it’s been 12yrs since it was probably last used so let’s give it as long as possible upside down…🤔

There is not much in the way of another suitable fridge anywhere in the uk or it’s a new one at around £1500..🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ve told Tam to consider a compressor fridge as it will be cheaper, he’s not keen…🤪

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve replaced my fridge about 7 years with another Dometic but I’ll go for a compressor next time because it wouldn’t keep cool in 33 degrees it was at +12 no good I’ve replaced the burner and cleaned the pipe out its working perfect but I don’t trust it .So it will be a compressed fridge ,a friend has one o problemat all and £1000cheaper or there about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I told tam it’s been 12yrs since it was probably last used so let’s give it as long as possible upside down…🤔

There is not much in the way of another suitable fridge anywhere in the uk or it’s a new one at around £1500..🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ve told Tam to consider a compressor fridge as it will be cheaper, he’s not keen…🤪
If it's the main PCB, there's a guy on ebay (QER - quality electronic repairs I think) that repaired our PCB. Flat rate of approx £50 or so including return postage...

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm sure there'll be a 2nd hand one going somewhere, Smiffy?
Well if everyone can start searching the country lol. . I want one the same as was there.

But a compressor one might end up In there if I can't find one and mome don't work because I'm not paying more for an old second hand 3 way fridge than I can get a new compressor one for.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000

Add lithium and be done lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If it's the main PCB, there's a guy on ebay (QER - quality electronic repairs I think) that repaired our PCB. Flat rate of approx £50 or so including return postage...
Because its not working on any source we think it would likely be the coolant if it don't work . But if it doesn't work tomorrow I'm going to ring a few local refrigeration repair plaves I saw on Google round here see if it's something they'd look at

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
When I had my RV the fridge in that was a bit temperamental so every now and then I would have to tap the coolant pipes with a hammer and then it would be ok for sometimes weeks sometimes months. It’s the pipes rusting inside so bits of rust go around in the pipes and get stuck and then when you tap them it dislodges them and away they go again. 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ye
When I had my RV the fridge in that was a bit temperamental so every now and then I would have to tap the coolant pipes with a hammer and then it would be ok for sometimes weeks sometimes months. It’s the pipes rusting inside so bits of rust go around in the pipes and get stuck and then when you tap them it dislodges them and away they go again. 👍
Yeah I've given the pipes on this a few taps with a screwdriver every so often since it's been upside down to see if it helps .

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
No idea I've not stripped old ones off yet ...
The dipped lamp can be be set for right or left dipping by using the slotted mountings. I don't tend to drive too much at night so I set the right one to left hand dip and the left to right dip so I don't have to bother changing them apart from for the Mot

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
IMHO 3 way AES Oh Please! even with cooling assistance from additional fans will never be as good as a compressor FF, they hate the door being opened in hot weather, take ages to recover down to 4C, meanwhile any delicate food stored has to be consumed very quickly.
If Tam has eventually gets enough solar & battery back up, with a decent B2B also, he will be OK, especially as he might have the on board gennie running soon, then its a no brainer...get a compressor FF for F's Sake!;):giggle:
LES

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back