The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (77 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Tam you wondered what the original charger /wiring was like my charger was replaced but otherwise original 👍
IMG_0401.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Mine had 2 of the standard chargers and neither was putting much out so I junked them and bought new. Would I do the same again? no because I hardly use it because the solar almost always takes care of it. If I knew then what I know now I would just get a cheap battery charger and hook it up for now.

btw, the panel battery isnt easy to change, if original its a solder in job and a bit of a modification. Ive got a threadon it somewhere but can't find it. Grasmere9 I suggest you have a look too.
This one Jon,

Northernraider Grasmere9

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Those big ‘planks’ of different colour around the Heiki & Aircon-if you have to (if the ceiling material wont clean up) re-use them or similar try to get same coloured material, as the ceiling, to cover them.
Hopefully the ceilings will survive.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The roof will come up lovely . I'm going to finish washing it tomorrow under all skylights etc ...then I'll reseal around all those before I polish and wax the roof. I suspect that big aircon unit doesn't work as I can't get any life out it but will have to buy a skylight to replace it with .

It will reduce my height a fair bit too.

And then fit my solar on there across the back end .
I wouldnt be too hasty with the A/c Tam. If its all dead its probably a fuse/connection whatever. Might be worth banking for another day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wouldnt be too hasty with the A/c Tam. If its all dead its probably a fuse/connection whatever. Might be worth banking for another day.
Yes I have to investigate it further .. I have found a mains cable under the wardrobe that's been cut and disconnected and I'm wondering if that was for the aircon therfore indicating a problem with it. However I suspect having not been used in 12 years its most likely junk . But you never know

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
There has been about 10 pages since then Jon :unsure: it's a fast moving thread this one, but yes you are correct except the manual for CBE says that message comes up after you have put in the SOS fuse, Tam has also identified that he needs the little battery changing on the back of the CBE panel.

He also has the proper manual from N+B but not read it yet:LOL:
I was at a microcar rally with really poor 4g Martin. Luckily plenty of other stuff to see.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes I have to investigate it further .. I have found a mains cable under the wardrobe that's been cut and disconnected and I'm wondering if that was for the aircon therfore indicating a problem with it. However I suspect having not been used in 12 years its most likely junk . But you never know
Yes the seals could have suffered but who knows?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Or has it had an inverter but been taken out :unsure:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I didn't have any episodes with the control panel last night , it stayed on and nothing untoward happened , so maybe that battery was causing a poor connection or something. Who knows. Will see how it goes. I have ordered a new battery for it anyway just in case.

So jobs for today ,

This morning I'm going to try and get this big heki skylight to open by attaching my drill to the emergency crank handle . Once I get them all open I'm going back on the roof to clean under them all and check the seals . I'm going to run a bead of new sealant round them all anyway as a precaution. Few other jobs to tidy up on the roof. Need to cut the bolts that held the sat dish to the aluminium plate on roof . I'm going to leave that plate up there as it's glued and screwed to roof . I'll clean it ,sand it ,paint it and seal around it. Eventually it will be covered by a solar panel. Need to clean the front body seam and probably re tape that too as the tape is deteriorated slightly.

This afternoon we will try refitting the fridge and fingers crossed it works. If not then I'll have to see what options I have for repair or replacement.

If the weather isn't kind then I've a few jobs to do inside instead , ie remove old TV wiring bar the 12v feed cable as I'll reuse that for additional led lighting I want to fit around the cab area under cabinets. No lighting round there currently.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Or has it had an inverter but been taken out :unsure:
I'm not sure . The wardrobe area and under it was a bit of a nightmare with cables as the previous owner had it full of satellite TV boxes and small inverters etc to power it then remote control boxes etc with all the wires running from there to front of van where TV was. I've been tracing and removing those cables over the last couple of days.

I hate previous owners modifications usually as they're often untidy and unless you know exactly what they are/do it can just cause confusion.

Luckily the double floor does help to be able to trace cables so I'm hoping to trace this cable back to its routes in both directions. The aircon doesn't seem to have any life whatsoever and not sure where the cable runs from the actual unit yet. I'm sure I saw a book for it among the big pile of manuals so that might shed some light on it

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Typed this last night when thread was on page 4 then I “lost” it. What a difference 12 hours make but the sentiment is still the same -
There’s always something with a van - OK you have a lot of somethings but remember what Moby was like when you first got him/her. Moby ended up a fine home for you after you and your friends worked your magic.
We had an identical fridge in our 2005 Adria. Superb fridge only issue was the sliding door lock. We eventually gave up replacing it and resorted to blue tac🤭
Sue

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Pissin it doon here today so the roof work is off. Been tidying and removing the rest of the wiring for the old TV and satellite. So my wardrobe is now tidy again . I've kept the original 12v supply that was running to the front tv .. that will be used to power the new led lights I'm putting at the front. The satellite power cables I will feed in to the cabinet above the fridge and fit a couple of 12v cigarette sockets and usb points in there to power my TV and media player.
20240902_095120_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240902_101801_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20240902_102705_copy_1209x1612.jpg

This is the 2 x 240v cables that are going no where in the cavity under the wardrobe ... I originally thought it was one cable that had been cut but its not uts 2 cables of different diameters . Not found where they go yet but doing no harm as they are so ill come back to them later .
20240902_102128_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Pity I'm not still with you Tam. I have solutions to hide ceiling damage that would look original. I'll talk to you about it if needed.
One important lesson for you Tam......read the manuals! They tell you stuff you don't know. Keep going pal
I was just going to post Tam you need Maceellan back he’ll sort that. Fancy a trip to Cornwall soon. Save him wondering what to do.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Happy to be corrected but I don't think there are seals on hab air con that need to be lubed as in car air con.
One if mine was popping fuses when the compressor kicked in, and it turned out to be a capacitor, its been fine ever since. One thing is the compressor will only kick in above 18c ( I think). its in the book Northernraider :LOL:

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
I am watching this thread in awe of what is going off on this project and the extensive help that is being supplied to keep things moving.
This is an absolutely must read of what can be done with a motorhome if you can put your mind to it.
AND.....I had no idea about the build quality of these N and B vans.
So much so, I am salivating at the thought of what I might get upto if I had enough time for a project over the winter, even though we have just downsized to a Camper pop top roof van.
Sincere good luck Northernraider and Just smiffy for your continuing efforts.
Will be a joy to behold once all done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back