Apr

Rally The Last Peterborough Show April 2023 (2 Viewers)

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Was in Southdowns a few days back having a look around and some of the prices were a bit steep I thought😳😳
When I started looking about 4-5 years back my budget then of £100k got you a very good top model😁
Probably a basic one now☹️☹️
We were in there two weeks ago, and very very nearly parted with more money than I’m comfortable with.
Close shave!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Todays up till 2:0 clockView attachment 741867
Update
EB41DCD1-BB94-45DE-A5DC-9F78A197E2EB.png

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Can anyone at Peterborough post some solar data please . I can’t imagine there is much coming in . Just trying to get an excuse to buy another lithium for the bank 😂. We are not on ehu at all this year so trying to have a good backup plan for overcast days .
I was going to suggest something similar. Rare chance for people to see what real solar they get from xxx watts of panels?
Me - 180watts solar ( over 5 years old) - 300ah of wet acid leisure (Numax). We did blast the microwave via inverter for 20 minutes this evening.

Screenshot_20230421-182312.png

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am looking for one of these tap grub screw caps. Ours has gone walkies after speedcoat repaired our sink.
John thinks he has seen them on trade stands at Malvern - I don’t need 20 !
So if you see one AND you happen to be later at Swaffham or Highlands End, or Quakers then please get me one.
  • *Size: 8.75*6.8*5.85mm
Thanks.
602048C6-4D96-41D3-A400-61948AEF3B55.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Les
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I am looking for one of these tap grub screw caps. Ours has gone walkies after speedcoat repaired our sink.
John thinks he has seen them on trade stands at Malvern - I don’t need 20 !
So if you see one AND you happen to be later at Swaffham or Highlands End, or Quakers then please get me one.
  • *Size: 8.75*6.8*5.85mm
Thanks.
View attachment 742030

Have you checked your traps, might of gone down a plug hole…😎

Last edited:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Thank you to all who have been patient and co-operative with your marshalls in the last couple of days. At times conditions on the ground proved very challenging. To those who have got stuck and needed a tow, despite our best efforts to find suitable ground, sorry. At the simplest, despite a large field, and that like all of these shows the pitches are on grass, we ran out of the more firm areas and even to get to those meant crossing soft bits. It's been an experience for all.

Unfortunately whatever the weather brings in the next couple of days, thoughts will turn to how to escape. Without trying to teach old dogs new tricks, a few things to consider.
  • Momentum will be key to moving on grass, low gear, try not to change gears if moving (use manual gear selection on autos). Try to keep engine revs moderate.
  • Take straight routes if possible. Of course don't risk hitting anything but turn gently not sharply, keep moving while turning. Don't turn steering whilst stopped as you don't want to cut into the ground.
  • If you have traction control turn it on.
  • If you have mats or ramps, leave them where they are if you do move. Get to tarmac and then go back to retrieve.
  • If you do bog down accept it and stop. You'll make it worse and harder to get out if you keep spinning wheels and dig in.
  • Locate your towing hooks and eyes. In many vans these are with the jack and puncture kit. Fit hooks and eyes before seeking any tractor tow out.
  • If you need a tow, only once your tow hooks eyes are fitted, turn on hazards so the tractor driver can spot you. Tractors won't be happy to find you are not ready for them.
  • Tractors could well be busy, so be prepared for a wait as they are covering the entire showground. They may well deal with those closer to tarmac first so they start to clear routes. They should get you to the solid surface of a track or roadway, then unhitch you. Only then walk back for any abandoned mats but try and vacate as soon as possible to leave space for the next.
  • Follow tractor driver directions. Let the tractor do the main work. Assist only gently with your engine to avoid risk of collision if the tractor suddenly stops.
We do hope you can enjoy the show, evening entertainment, Jim's tea tent and of course Pimms.

Last edited:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
I would like to thank the funsters who helped the disable lady who was lost on our site last night all she knew she was by the clock but didnt know what club or make of van (think she came with family).
This was a good example. Why you cannot move from one area to another as Warners have a list of everyone surnames and what area they are parked.
So don t blame the marshals when you are not on their list and they say sorrow you can not stay.
I hope she has been United with her family.
If I find anything out l will keep you updated.
A big thank you for the security who picked her up and took her to the Bedford suite while they contacted Warners.
Once again thank you all very much.
Polly

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
I would like to thank the funsters who helped the disable lady who was lost on our site last night all she knew she was by the clock but didnt know what club or make of van (think she came with family).
This was a good example. Why you cannot move from one area to another as Warners have a list of everyone surnames and what area they are parked.
So don t blame the marshals when you are not on their list and they say sorrow you can not stay.
I hope she has been United with her family.
If I find anything out l will keep you updated.
A big thank you for the security who picked her up and took her to the Bedford suite while they contacted Warners.
Once again thank you all very much.
Polly
Hope she’s reunited with her family. It’s easy to see how this happened to her, we have had to get our bearings a few times, luckily we are down near some of the houses/one of the entrance roads.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank you to all who have been patient and co-operative with your marshalls in the last couple of days. At times conditions on the ground proved very challenging. To those who have got stuck and needed a tow, despite our best efforts to find suitable ground, sorry. At the simplest, despite a large field, and that like all of these shows the pitches are on grass, we ran out of the more firm areas and even to get to those meant crossing soft bits. It's been an experience for all.

Unfortunately whatever the weather brings in the next couple of days, thoughts will turn to how to escape. Without trying to teach old dogs new tricks, a few things to consider.
  • Momentum will be key to moving on grass, low gear, try not to change gears if moving (use manual gear selection on autos). Try to keep engine revs moderate.
  • Take straight routes if possible. Of course don't risk hitting anything but turn gently not sharply, keep moving while turning. Don't turn steering whilst stopped as you don't want to cut into the ground.
  • If you have traction control turn it on.
  • If you have mats or ramps, leave them where they are if you do move. Get to tarmac and then go back to retrieve.
  • If you do bog down accept it and stop. You'll make it worse and harder to get out if you keep spinning wheels and dig in.
  • Locate your towing hooks and eyes. In many vans these are with the jack and puncture kit. Fit hooks and eyes before seeking any tractor tow out.
  • If you need a tow, only once your tow hooks eyes are fitted, turn on hazards so the tractor driver can spot you. Tractors won't be happy to find you are not ready for them.
  • Tractors could well be busy, so be prepared for a wait as they are covering the entire showground. They may well deal with those closer to tarmac first so they start to clear routes. They should get you to the solid surface of a track or roadway, then unhitch you. Only then walk back for any abandoned mats but try and vacate as soon as possible to leave space for the next.
  • Follow tractor driver directions. Let the tractor do the main work. Assist only gently with your engine to avoid risk of collision if the tractor suddenly stops.
We do hope you can enjoy the show, evening entertainment, Jim's tea tent and of course Pimms.
The only thing I could add to that would be don’t dribble grey water into your own wheel ruts, you may need all the traction you can get 😏

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The only thing I could add to that would be don’t dribble grey water into your own wheel ruts, you may need all the traction you can get 😏
Most of us Martin have unfortunately got the drive wheels at the wrong end of the van, so that shouldn’t be a problem😁😁, I’ll try and get over to say hello later👍
Are you on the Astroturf?:rofl:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Most of us Martin have unfortunately got the drive wheels at the wrong end of the van, so that shouldn’t be a problem😁😁, I’ll try and get over to say hello later👍
Are you on the Astroturf?:rofl:
I wish 😃 in Peterborough at mo so will see if you are about when we get back👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back