Apr

Rally The Last Peterborough Show April 2023 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It appears on an earlier post that I had badges at the tea tent, I never knowingly ordered any or mistakingly ordered any, however these cost money and I don’t expect anyone to cover my costs if I mess up so I will be happy to donate some teabags and/or sugar to the tea tent at the next rally we attend, (probably lincoln now) and apologise profusely for any confusion Sorry Jim
No worries, they we’re ordered when you filled the rally marshals form. You can get them next time you see us (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
BTW a number of funsters ordered Badges and didn't collect them :( I suspect if that continues Jim may have some thoughts on the wastage costs.

I was appalled at the number that people did not bother to collect
As it has always been over the years unfortunately :( but I'm sure if it was that much of a logistical or financial burden, then Jim would be making us all aware of it. That however doesn't excuse the neglect nor thoughtlessness of others where applicable.....................excluding those genuinely unaware.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 21, 2015
Spalding, uk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
Newbie!!
Had a brilliant weekend. Met some lovely people. The weather held out after Friday.
Thank you to the Marshals. You all did a fabulous job. The tea tent was a lovely meet up place, and the Pimms afternoon a huge success. Thank you Jim and Sian….
We‘ll be off soon after a spot of breakfast.
Hope to meet you all again soon….

Nitram77

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2020
Kettering, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Some, but still alot to learn!!
Thanks from Debby and I to all the marshals, helpers, Jim and Sian. Our first rally ... bit of a shock when we saw some of the early arrivals with their wheels gently sinking into the field!! ... we met many friendly folks, got some good advice and suggestions, and also managed to get off without the need for a tow!!

Hope to see you again soon.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks to all the marshalls and others that made this a great weekend. We managed to pitch up without the tractor and drive off this morning without one,but it was a nice start to the day. Good to see old friends and new ones in the tea tent and the Pimms afternoon.( if you like cucumber that is). (y)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We are also now home. No tractor required.

I passed on the message from someone here giving thanks to the Tractor drivers etc. Received the following response from Sally Dodds.
Screenshot_20230424-150554.png

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Are you still stuck DuxDeluxe ? Can't help at all, but please let us know how you got on?

Ditto for the handful of vans left when we got away. One at least had a totally flat battery.😫

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Are you still stuck DuxDeluxe ? Can't help at all, but please let us know how you got on?

Ditto for the handful of vans left when we got away. One at least had a totally flat battery.😫
Still waiting for a Crouch flatbed. He is on his way according to Crouch themselves. Maybe another 30 minutes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Just a quick note of sincere thanks to all the Marshalls and other helpers who gave up their time to make sure everything ran as smoothly as it did despite the best attempts of the weather and boggy field. And of course Jim and Sian and everyone else who helped out with the tea tent facility.

we did manage to get on and off the pitch without being towed, so that was good.

it was definitely time to go home as the low LPG level warning light had come on. And it meant it this time, I got 17 litres into a 25 litre tanks (which at 80% cut off is really a 20 litre tank).

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
On the way to the truck place we were just overflown by an RAF Typhoon - who then turned around, came back really low and waggled his wings at us as a salute. Obviously a fan of “Trucking Hell”. Really cool

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back