spitfire

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yeah and I can't do them roadside unfortunately. I think accessing the drivers side top mounts on this van would be a nightmare as it's right hand drive with passenger door not much room to access.
I think that will be a garage job but might wait till I'm home. Or will try in Italy when I get oil change etc
If you can find a lorry garage like Parot they also do motor homes ( camping car here )
If u look up garage camion then you might find one near .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
@Northernraider by the look of wear pattern you have a bit too much toe out . Might also pay to check bushes , on tca. I would put your old tyres on front until you get suspension sorted .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
@Northernraider by the look of wear pattern you have a bit too much toe out . Might also pay to check bushes , on tca. I would put your old tyres on front until you get suspension sorted .
It does have too much toe out but I don't think it's anything to do with the strut as the offside strut is perfect yet that tyre is also worn on the inside.

It has Michelin campers on the rear which I dislike and I've specifically ordered alpine winter rated tyres for the front as it's front wheel drive....And as I maybe hit snow at the end of my trip I'll need the winter tyres.

I'm planning to get the wheel alignment checked and adjusted on Monday if I can by euromaster. Having looked at the suspension steering etc today everything seems good bar that nearside front strut...But I guess they will check it out when doing alignment.

If I could get them replaced here easy and at a decent price I'd get them done but not sure if I can.
The tyres have obviously taken a beating in the last 2 months as the van was mot in January just before I left. I think it's down to some of the dirt tracks I've been up and down finding parking spots ...lots of potholes and speedbumps so I've maybe hit something.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I was just putting the receipts for the new parts away in the folder I have for the van and decided to check the old receipts.
It seems it had a new drive shaft and bearings fitted last July just a few months before I bought it.
In the description of work track rod ends were removed so perhaps not been put back correctly causing the inner wear on tyres.

Looks like gearbox oil was drained and replaced then too.

Receipt for the Michelin tyres 2016 they were fitted on front at 85000 miles so 14000 miles is all they've done and worn out.

Loads of work done on this van in France previously so looks like it's spent a long time over here in the past by a previous owner

Also had a private plate Mib summit before

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yeah and I can't do them roadside unfortunately. I think accessing the drivers side top mounts on this van would be a nightmare as it's right hand drive with passenger door not much room to access.
I think that will be a garage job but might wait till I'm home. Or will try in Italy when I get oil change etc

I’ve not looked at right side but I think if the seat was removed and the bottom dash panel off it should easy enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Val 3 dogs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Tam all this motor maintenance talk is making it very difficult to follow your doggy thread!
I think it would be a good idea for you to start a separate thead for it :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I’ve not looked at right side but I think if the seat was removed and the bottom dash panel off it should easy enough.
Possibly but the cupboard with electrics is in there too.
Will see when it comes round

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017
bit to much info Tam

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
So tonight I have parked here
Screenshot_20190330-174048_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-174059_park4night.jpg

Nice quiet wee spot by the edge of a big lake which we've just been for a walk around.
20190330_114653.jpg
20190330_171248.jpg

I've found a parking place close to the main town where the cathedral etc is that's free to park on a Sunday so I'll drive up there tomorrow morning and have a look around the town.

Val 3 dogs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Sorry to hear that, I recommend a couple of teaspoonfuls of cider vinegar in a tumbler of near boiling water sweetened with a little honey to be very beneficial. (A healthy replacement for tea and coffee ),taken two or three times a day.
In fact I frequently put a good dash of cider vinegar in a glass of cold water as a refreshing drink .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Sorry to hear that, I recommend a couple of teaspoonfuls of cider vinegar in a tumbler of near boiling water sweetened with a little honey to be very beneficial. (A healthy replacement for tea and coffee ),taken two or three times a day.
In fact I frequently put a good dash of cider vinegar in a glass of cold water as a refreshing drink .
Ehhhh nah yet alright lol that sounds minging.

I'll suffer it oot it can't last that long.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Tam all this motor maintenance talk is making it very difficult to follow your doggy thread!
I think it would be a good idea for you to start a separate thead for it :ROFLMAO:
thank god:)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Get the google translate app on your phone - you can talk into it, or type and it will translate for you. You can then show the mechanic.

Val 3 dogs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
That's what I do, (as due to my MS I have very little short term memory) learning a new language ,or anything else new is a slow and difficult process. Thank heavens for Google translate :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Get the google translate app on your phone - you can talk into it, or type and it will translate for you. You can then show the mechanic.
That's what I do, (as due to my MS I have very little short term memory) learning a new language ,or anything else new is a slow and difficult process. Thank heavens for Google translate :)
Aye I use Google translate when I need to but it's a long slow process and when they talk so fast and so much I can't type that fast

Val 3 dogs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I type out a series of questions/ statements in advance. Display the appropriate one, show the other person and then hand the phone to them for them to enter their answer. We mostly manage ok and often have a good laugh

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
As above , no typing required (As we wimmins found out at the end of our French trip last year). Just press conversation and speak! Easy!

Val 3 dogs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Ah ha, that's the price to be paid for being a fur lined thong and finding such lovely remote parking spots!
"There's no such thing as a free lunch"

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
We'd previously spent ages typing then spotted the conversation button!
And do you manage to get it to work ?

Even speaking slowly and annunciating mine is a joke.

" I need my wheel alignment done "
Translated to

I need my real moment.

I need my way oil man

And it just gets worse

Its like that video with the 2 Glasgow guys in the voice activated lift

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Problem is that Google Translate needs to first translate from Scotspeak into Queen’s English and then into French. System overload.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Accents don't help either

In the first tyre place yesterday the woman kept saying "You could try sanitif "
And I'm thinking what is sanitif...

Afyer 5 attempts I finally realised she was saying saint ettive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back