Paul Merton motorhoming TV series (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
It would be far more realistic and informative if they were honest about the difficulties in finding adequate parking for motorhomes particularly in towns and villages. I assume that the programme makers arranged little deals for 'easy' parking for the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Ok so I watched some more . What a load of rubbish . One of the couples offering “van life “ “hacks” are a YouTube tuggers channel!!!(Carefree Caravanning) They only filmed the back of the caravan so it looked like a motorhome. Typical channel 5 dross !

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've always enjoyed his dry wit on panel games and the prog was O.K. in a sort of chewing-gum-for-the-eyes sort of way.
It seems that they had permission to park the m/h right outside the railway station door. I doubt that they'd let me do that.
I didn't expect Paul to be particularly amusing with his customary T.V. repartee but I did think he looked rather frail.
It was all a bit superficial and I'm not tempted to watch the rest of the series but on the basis of his efforts to connect the EHU I'd like to see him struggling with the cassette.
I'd give it 5 out of 10.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Has he said things like, how much ? , it’s a rip off, I am not paying that much money. Haha.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
5 out of 10 is very generous. The most exciting moment was the wing mirror scraping the hedge.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I've always enjoyed his dry wit on panel games and the prog was O.K. in a sort of chewing-gum-for-the-eyes sort of way.
It seems that they had permission to park the m/h right outside the railway station door. I doubt that they'd let me do that.
I didn't expect Paul to be particularly amusing with his customary T.V. repartee but I did think he looked rather frail.
It was all a bit superficial and I'm not tempted to watch the rest of the series but on the basis of his efforts to connect the EHU I'd like to see him struggling with the cassette.
I'd give it 5 out of 10.

I thought he looked a bit frail aswell!

I quite enjoyed the programme,it was a damn site better than alot of other stuff they put on mainstream tv!!

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
That bed would drive me crazy! Looks from the movement on it that it will fall down while driving

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
well ive learnt something i didnt know.after years of struggling to park in whitstable you just drive into the harbour and park out side the lifeboat station
Saw the sailing club there as well

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
No longer have one
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Really enjoyed her. Very nice person and much more capable than him.
I enjoyed it. It’s entertainment so is never going to be serious and stick to reality, but it did try to show the good bits of motorhoming and give some guidance. The chance to enjoy scenery, seclusion and freedom. I’ll watch the next one.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I enjoyed it. It’s entertainment so is never going to be serious and stick to reality, but it did try to show the good bits of motorhoming and give some guidance. The chance to enjoy scenery, seclusion and freedom. I’ll watch the next one.
Even though I have complained about the episode ,I know I will watch the next one . Some of it was funny, like the “Wildcamping” . The girl in the VW van with the box fresh pure white trainers and white coat . Very practical camping attire 😂

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I thought a staycation was saying at home and blowing the holiday budget there, rather than going on holiday in the uk. Sorry.
I thought the same but the Brits have adapted the use :eek:

From Wikipedia the free encyclopaedia said:
Staycation
<snip>
A staycation (a portmanteau of "stay" and "vacation"), or holistay (a portmanteau of "holiday" and "stay"), is a period in which an individual or family stays home and participates in leisure activities within day trip distance of their home and does not require overnight accommodation.
In British English the term has increasingly come to refer to domestic tourism: taking a holiday in one's own country as opposed to travelling abroad

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
“Staycation”
I agree but, unlike the French we regard English as an adapting growing language so this, like my pet hates - using ”like” when they mean ”such as” and “decimate” when far more than one in ten is destroyed, I have come to accept it. I think it is here to stay(cation) - see what I did there?😁

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
After watching it taking into consideration it's not aimed at those that already have motorhomes but the wider audience of want to be motorhomers and people who like Paul Merton. That said I found it reasonably watchable I liked the fact that him and his wife have a good relationship with out lots of unnecessary arguments and nonsense. I can't say much about the places they visited or how they were shown they could have been better, maybe next week will get a little better.

ElliesBoss

Free Member
May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
well ive learnt something i didnt know.after years of struggling to park in whitstable you just drive into the harbour and park out side the lifeboat station
My thoughts exactly. My OH comes from Whitstable and she didn't know you could park a motorhome there! Next visit .........

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I thought it was watchable, not the usual getting stuck in a field or scraping a gate type rubbish. Overall a good balance.

Trouble is, it did make motorhoming seem quite nice, wait for the next rush in demand....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back