Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Anybody notice no garage door handles?

I imagine the opening button will be an option as it is now on the Palace.

Martin
Martin, that has been standard on the Palace since launch, never seen handles on any of them

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That would be interesting to know. The Concorde factory prices were exactly the same as the U.K. dealership price.
But discounts to be had surely as any Concorde dealer in Germany will offer discounts as the UK one will it just down to "how much"

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
True, but thought it looked a bit shabby in publicity shots. A quick lick of grey paint would have been enough to keep the photographer happy
Blimey you boys have an eye for the details!

I really like what they've done but a shame my 1 year old model now looks out of date :crying:

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Yet another Empire Liner here in Lake Garda, waiting to come onto the site I think
4CB5B053-99ED-4BE7-9FD9-60B0E8409D33.jpeg

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I know this is off-topic but, has anyone considered engine tuning / remapping their Morelo?

If so, who is the best contact to discuss it?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
While I'm thinking about these things......

I have a pleated black-out blind that now sags and won't stay in position - it's floppy, not stiff anymore (leave it, Michael!). A nylon cord has become detached at the top (and I cannot seem to get it to stay in position again). Do you know who makes these blinds used by Morelo so I can check out their website, please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Are they your side windows Peter, if so they may be the same that are used by many manufactures, Remis. I have had similar failings which in my case are the result of a corroded tension spring cutting the cord in use. I have now disassembled all of mine and replaced the springs with stainless ones. I have a sheet attached here which was produced by another member on here, which forms the principle for the work. Your installation will be different for example number of screws, but once you have removed the corner caps which just flip off all will become clear I hope... it did for me.

Attachments

• Restringing a Hymer window blind.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 28
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Ah, thanks Michael, I did try to fix it yesterday but in typical Morelo style, they have mounted a high-level cupboard covering the screws to remove the blind so that means removing the cupboard first to get to it which I am unprepared to do.

I tried to do it from the outside on a step-ladder with the side window wide open but to be honest it's like wallpapering the staircase through the letterbox! :cry:

Thanks for your help (as always) :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know this is off-topic but, has anyone considered engine tuning / remapping their Morelo?

If so, who is the best contact to discuss it?
When we were out at the factory there was a German firm offering remaps, they actually had a stand in the factory showroom so the factory must approve of remaps, they were very expensive in my view though. Our Flair is on the older IVECO chassis and was remapped by Quantum and we are very happy with the result.

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks. yes, I saw them too last year and think they wanted €800. What type of tuning did you have, remap or chip? And what did you pay?

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Thanks. yes, I saw them too last year and think they wanted €800. What type of tuning did you have, remap or chip? And what did you pay?
I have had a few vans retuned over the years, most done by Quantum Tuning. When I enquired about the 205bhp they told me a remap was not possible, it would need to be a chip replacement. I would be reluctant to do anything like that during the warranty period.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry didn't see the bit about what did you pay, less than £300 but not 100% sure, it was a deal at Knutsford show about 4 years ago. Of course our van was only 166bhp to start with and now I think it's close to 200.

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
This is what Quantum is reporting for an increase in performance for my MH. No mention of any improved fuel economy though. Quite impressive.

Screen Shot 32.png

I wouldn't consider it prior to any warranty ending though.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
This is what Quantum is reporting for an increase in performance for my MH. No mention of any improved fuel economy though. Quite impressive.

View attachment 243815

I wouldn't consider it prior to any warranty ending though.
If I was keeping mine I might have looked at this further, quite an impressive improvement. What is the cost or have you not gone that far Peter?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What a great looking front end on the new palace. Although I always think they are marred by the mirrors (that also create a blind spot). I wonder how far away we are from cameras replacing mirrors?

Jon

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
What a great looking front end on the new palace. Although I always think they are marred by the mirrors (that also create a blind spot). I wonder how far away we are from cameras replacing mirrors?

Jon
Hi Jon,

I can honestly say the large mirrors are a real help and I rapidly adjusted to finding them up there as opposed to where they are on my car but they present no blind spot at all. The "A" post on the other hand (left-hand drive, left 'A' post) is an entirely different matter on a left hand bend

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Jon,

I can honestly say the large mirrors are a real help and I rapidly adjusted to finding them up there as opposed to where they are on my car but they present no blind spot at all. The "A" post on the other hand (left-hand drive, left 'A' post) is an entirely different matter on a left hand bend
Is it just squaring the window for the pull down blind that creates the "A" pillar blind spot?

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
If I was keeping mine I might have looked at this further, quite an impressive improvement. What is the cost or have you not gone that far Peter?

It is an impressive uplift in both torque and power, isn't it? Depending on the cost and how they do it, I really will consider it as I could do with a bit more muscle going around the roundabouts! NOT! Even with full air suspension I still find that a little daunting as the chassis roll is quite pronounced. I've seen that VB now do Active Air and may inquire about an upgrade path to get that installed if it's possible (I have it on my Range Rover Sport and I love the way it handles).

What isn't shown is any impact on fuel economy which I find rather strange.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Jon,

I'm not criticising Morelo mirrors in particular, just wondering how far we are away from being able to use cameras instead.

IMO its inevitable that mirrors also cause blind spots, they are always going to be a compromise because of the angle of reflection between what they need to show and where it is possible to mount them.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Jon,

I like that idea, replacing mirrors with cameras and a screen in a better, more easily visible place. I wonder why no-one has done it?

Not exactly the same idea but on the same lines; I saw the Samsung Safety Truck when it came out a couple of years ago and thought, now that's a great idea! Here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back