Morelo Palace 2019 (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
The "A' post (as it's called) is huge but only a really issue on smaller roads on a left hand bend. I have trained my No.2 to call "clear" as we proceed around the bend with caution as I can just see the 'A' post from the driver's seat.

I used the drivers side blind rolled down a bit mainly to stop my left arm getting sun burn! It's great to reduce glare from the sun in the front too.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Earliest they can get me an Empire is March 2019. They claim sales are up 10%
The foundations have been started for the new service centre, so looks like business is good in the Morelo world

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Earliest they can get me an Empire is March 2019. They claim sales are up 10%
The foundations have been started for the new service centre, so looks like business is good in the Morelo world
They are certainly on the UP, I don't know if they have Concorde worried or wether they are just happy to keep the market share that they have without particularly growing.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have been thinking over supper tonight, where are Morelo? They have so many models with no discernible difference that leads you onwards and I struggle to see the owners model progress. Looking at N+B the Arto and the Flair at first blush bare a similar style so much so that you have to look at lockers and garage to know what has just flashed past. But Morelo seems a Mish mash of style and features. The only real difference being to lose the outdated submarine lockers you have to go Empire. They need to stop trying to be all things to all men and have a planned route for owners. Just my one bottle musings.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
They are certainly on the UP, I don't know if they have Concorde worried or wether they are just happy to keep the market share that they have without particularly growing.

Martin

Judging by the waiting list to get a vehicle from either of them I would think there's room enough in the market for both.

Morelo and Concorde both produce top quality vehicles... its just down to personal preference which you choose. In my view, having a choice is always a good thing.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Judging by the waiting list to get a vehicle from either of them I would think there's room enough in the market for both.

Morelo and Concorde both produce top quality vehicles... its just down to personal preference which you choose. In my view, having a choice is always a good thing.
I think you are most likely right, Morelo are in a better position to grow in size simply because of the site that they occupy with its expansion opportunities whilst Concorde are at capacity, big is not always better they say.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I think you are most likely right, Morelo are in a better position to grow in size simply because of the site that they occupy with its expansion opportunities whilst Concorde are at capacity, big is not always better they say.

Martin

Nothing to stop them moving! ;)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nothing to stop them moving! ;)
True, but are they better off staying as they are rather than taking the fight to Morelo, actually thinking about it maybe we would be better off with a bit of a price war.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Why on earth would there be a 'fight'?

Its obvious that as the demand for their motorhomes increases they will expand their production. If that means relocating then I've no doubt they'll do so.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's OK while there is plenty of demand and under production but it looks like Morelo want to be a big player in the market, if Concorde want to expand and keep pace with Morelo they may well have to "fight" for sales.

And lets face it I don't think there is much love lost at the top of either company.

Martin

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
A Morelo Empire Liner....it’s huge!!! and a Palace arrived couple of days ago
C6167CDE-84E5-4591-B454-B2102F9CCF6B.jpeg

627E00BD-224C-4A96-92CC-8175051DF5B9.jpeg

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I guess the awning has extra long legs!!! It’s so high

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
It's OK while there is plenty of demand and under production but it looks like Morelo want to be a big player in the market, if Concorde want to expand and keep pace with Morelo they may well have to "fight" for sales.

And lets face it I don't think there is much love lost at the top of either company.

Martin

Surely Concorde are bigger than Morelo? Whatever the case, there’s plenty of bouyancy in the market, as their waiting lists show.

It’s down to personal choice as to which make you prefer - as far as I can see it’s pretty much which styling you like best, as the build quality on each is extremely good.

I’m sure both companies will prosper without resorting to petty in-fighting.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
True, but are they better off staying as they are rather than taking the fight to Morelo, actually thinking about it maybe we would be better off with a bit of a price war.

Martin

Why on earth would there be a 'fight'?

Its obvious that as the demand for their motorhomes increases they will expand their production. If that means relocating then I've no doubt they'll do so.

I think that “fight” in this context means keenly competitive and looking to take market share

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I think that “fight” in this context means keenly competitive and looking to take market share

I didn't think that Martin was actually meaning 'fight' as in Harry Hill style... :LOL: that's why I said that I felt there was room in the market for both manufacturers.

However he did mention that there's not a lot of love lost between the two... so who knows - perhaps he wasn't speaking figuratively! :D2:D2:D2

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I didn't think that Martin was actually meaning 'fight' as in Harry Hill style... :LOL: that's why I said that I felt there was room in the market for both manufacturers.

However he did mention that there's not a lot of love lost between the two... so who knows - perhaps he wasn't speaking figuratively! :D2:D2:D2
Same as any business fighting for market share..... I loathed our nearest competitor in a strictly business sense and it was motivation to do better. It was a fair fight and of course we all had beers together

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
As Martin says a nice spot where is it?
It’s Camping San Francesco on Lake Garda (unfortunately where we had 2 Isabella recliners stolen a few weeks ago :unsure:) it’s a great campsite with plenty of room for large motorhomes with direct access to the lake (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

You are right I wasn't suggesting Fisty cuffs at dawn rather if both businesses got that large that supply outstripped demand they may have to be shall we say "more proactive" in gaining sales.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It’s Camping San Francesco on Lake Garda (unfortunately where we had 2 Isabella recliners stolen a few weeks ago :unsure:) it’s a great campsite with plenty of room for large motorhomes with direct access to the lake (y)
Thanks we nearly went there but went up to Camping Fornella. Are there fully serviced pitches there?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks we nearly went there but went up to Camping Fornella. Are there fully serviced pitches there?
I think the lake side pitches are fully serviced, well I certainly know they have grey waste disposal on all the lake side pitches as they are small green lids in the ground and next to that is a black covered grate which I think is the water connection. How was Camping Fornella? We’ve been coming to Camping San Francesco for the last 4 years but would like to try somewhere different.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think the lake side pitches are fully serviced, well I certainly know they have grey waste disposal on all the lake side pitches as they are small green lids in the ground and next to that is a black covered grate which I think is the water connection. How was Camping Fornella? We’ve been coming to Camping San Francesco for the last 4 years but would like to try somewhere different.
Its OK, we went there 4 years ago and it was no so developed, now the trees and bushes make movement around much of the site a bit tight. They have what they call Motorhome pitches which have there own pergolas. Its on the lake and has a decent restaurant some good walking and cycling.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Its OK, we went there 4 years ago and it was no so developed, now the trees and bushes make movement around much of the site a bit tight. They have what they call Motorhome pitches which have there own pergolas. Its on the lake and has a decent restaurant some good walking and cycling.
Thanks. On our way down to Croatia before we came back to Lake Garda we stopped at a fantastic Agricamping place which has just 10 places with a pool and was fantastic. It was a 10 minute drive to Lazise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back