MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
My offer still stands Tam, I can even up the offer a bit, I can include a full suspension Giant mountain bike ( hefty price tag item) so all your wheels would be sorted😎👍
I am home tomorrow afternoon, so you could be sorted quick 😉

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Still a couple of Grand too cheap, peeps will think there’s summat wrong with it🤷‍♂️😁😁
It’s a lovely van but it is 1998, if you price it too high you are in danger of not getting any interest whatsoever.

He’s put a bit on compared to previous advert I think it’s priced about right, with a bit of movement for an offer.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It’s a lovely van but it is 1998, if you price it too high you are in danger of not getting any interest whatsoever.

He’s put a bit on compared to previous advert I think it’s priced about right, with a bit of movement for an offer.
True but there’s fiat fwd brit vans that age for sale around that age for that and more, which haven’t had the extensive work that moby has had and therefore lots of potential remedial work to be done by an unsuspecting buyer!
At least with moby all should be good from the off!
And of course there’s the famous 10 yr guarantee on the electrics from Lenny HB 🤷‍♂️ got to be worth a bit more🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
And of course there’s the famous 10 yr guarantee on the electrics from @Lenny HB 🤷‍♂️ got to be worth a bit more🤣🤣🤣🤣
Guarantee null & void if any electrics are switched on. 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What a feckin pain in the arse this is now.

So Jackie is still alright with me parking moby up.there to sell but she's got plans for the weekend and most of next week as she has friends visiting etc so she can't drive me back from hers to hengoed to collect the Flair.. its too far and not the best road to do it on the scooter so trying to figure that out.

And I'm having trouble sorting batteries out for the Flair too. The lithium fogstar eco i was going to buy aren't available till 25th October. So I'd decided to revert back to 2 x 80ah exide gels from tayna batteries but they're temporarily out of stock ... 😒 why Is the universe feckin me about again .

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
What a feckin pain in the arse this is now.

So Jackie is still alright with me parking moby up.there to sell but she's got plans for the weekend and most of next week as she has friends visiting etc so she can't drive me back from hers to hengoed to collect the Flair.. its too far and not the best road to do it on the scooter so trying to figure that out.

And I'm having trouble sorting batteries out for the Flair too. The lithium fogstar eco i was going to buy aren't available till 25th October. So I'd decided to revert back to 2 x 80ah exide gels from tayna batteries but they're temporarily out of stock ... 😒 why Is the universe feckin me about again .
Tayna must have at least a hundred competitors Tam, surely you must be able to order them from somewhere, have a browse, same with the lithiums you want, they are going to be on a shelf waiting for you somewhere? Or maybe install them in a alternative space then you can buy whatever size and don’t have to worry👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tayna must have at least a hundred competitors Tam, surely you must be able to order them from somewhere, have a browse, same with the lithiums you want, they are going to be on a shelf waiting for you somewhere? Or maybe install them in a alternative space then you can buy whatever size and don’t have to worry👍
I can't know how easy it is to relocate the batteries till I pick it up .

Garry has one battery here I'm going to borrow to get me some power in it when I pick it up but every other place I've found with batteries seems to be a good bit more expensive.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
Can the guy with the flair not get you some batteries and you just pay him when you collect it. Being a dealer he must have lots of contacts.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can the guy with the flair not get you some batteries and you just pay him when you collect it. Being a dealer he must have lots of contacts.
Yeah I asked him that last week .. but his supplier wants 400 quid for the same ones I can get from tayna for 300. Lots of batteries available at dearer prices ...I'm just reluctant to pay over the odds for them

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Has anyone got any batteries from Cornwall to Wales going cheep…?
I've got 2 105Ah batteries in good condition, Tam is welcome to borrow them until he get sorted out with Lithium bateries.

IMG_0941.JPG

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Tam,
Perhaps I am taking too simplistic a view here,( if so, apologies)....
Is there no room where the Flair has been standing whilst on sale that you can park alongside for say, a week whilst you sort the Flair out, transfer everything across from Moby to the Flair, then set up the Moby for any viewings, sale and handover.

Perhaps offer the owner of the Flair some work cleaning his caravans etc in exchange.

Again, apologies if I have missed something obvious!

Well done to you all getting Moby sorted (y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It’s a pity I’m not at home Tam ( I’m in a very wet Scotland!)
I have a serviceable exide 85ah gel that I replaced with a 120ah exide gel.
It’s a few years old needs a charge but would have been ok as a stop gap.
I live about 20+ miles from hengoed unfortunately this is all useless information at the moment.

Except if you do want it I would arrange for someone to be at home for you to collect it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've got 2 105Ah batteries in good condition, Tam is welcome to borrow them until he get sorted out with Lithium bateries.

View attachment 938708
Thanks very much for that ,very kind of you. I'm hoping tayna gets the exide gels back in stock soon and I'll replace them with those for now as the lithium battery I was interested in isn't available till end of October but I'll be heading back to Europe start of November.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back