MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s a pity I’m not at home Tam ( I’m in a very wet Scotland!)
I have a serviceable exide 85ah gel that I replaced with a 120ah exide gel.
It’s a few years old needs a charge but would have been ok as a stop gap.
I live about 20+ miles from hengoed unfortunately this is all useless information at the moment.

Except if you do want it I would arrange for someone to be at home for you to collect it.
Thanks for that offer phill, looks like I'm sorted at the minute for a loan of batteries , hopefully it will only be for a couple of weeks while I'm hanging around Wales.

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks very much for that ,very kind of you. I'm hoping tayna gets the exide gels back in stock soon and I'll replace them with those for now as the lithium battery I was interested in isn't available till end of October but I'll be heading back to Europe start of November.
I'm not using them and will be away next week for a while so you have them as long as you want.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you're going to spend £300 on Gels, why not buy a Fogstar 105ah from Offgrid ? Remember you get 10% discount via Fun.
105ah lithium wouldn't be enough for me in the big van . I was after the 300ah fogstar eco battery at £500 but not available till end of October which is too late this year

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam,
Perhaps I am taking too simplistic a view here,( if so, apologies)....
Is there no room where the Flair has been standing whilst on sale that you can park alongside for say, a week whilst you sort the Flair out, transfer everything across from Moby to the Flair, then set up the Moby for any viewings, sale and handover.

Perhaps offer the owner of the Flair some work cleaning his caravans etc in exchange.

Again, apologies if I have missed something obvious!

Well done to you all getting Moby sorted (y)
The guy I'm buying the Flair of has a yard but it's jam packed with vans . He wasn't able to store the Flair there for that reason. I'm going to drive up on Monday and I'll collect the Flair Tuesday. Just smiffy has decided he's going to come up to wales in his van too for a few days so that'll solve the issue with getting moby to Jackie's for storage . It's going on ebay tonight so maybe get a buyer sorted soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
What a feckin pain in the arse this is now.

So Jackie is still alright with me parking moby up.there to sell but she's got plans for the weekend and most of next week as she has friends visiting etc so she can't drive me back from hers to hengoed to collect the Flair.. its too far and not the best road to do it on the scooter so trying to figure that out.

And I'm having trouble sorting batteries out for the Flair too. The lithium fogstar eco i was going to buy aren't available till 25th October. So I'd decided to revert back to 2 x 80ah exide gels from tayna batteries but they're temporarily out of stock ... 😒 why Is the universe feckin me about again .
When do you need a lift I'm not far from Swansea

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You've totally lost me. :rolleyes:
To be honest I've not set on anything yet every plan I've made in the last week has gone wrong so at the minute I'm just trying to sort things out to get the van to Jackie's pick up the new one and then hang around up there till I get moby sold.
Once I actually have the Flair and check things out in it I can think about other battery options etc . Until I fit solar etc which I can't do till I have the van back at Just smiffy place whatever batteries I have are going to only be charged by engine driving. So I'm hoping I move moby on quickly then I will know more.

Nothing I ideal but it is the situation I've got to work with for now.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
To be honest I've not set on anything yet every plan I've made in the last week has gone wrong so at the minute I'm just trying to sort things out to get the van to Jackie's pick up the new one and then hang around up there till I get moby sold.
Once I actually have the Flair and check things out in it I can think about other battery options etc . Until I fit solar etc which I can't do till I have the van back at Just smiffy place whatever batteries I have are going to only be charged by engine driving. So I'm hoping I move moby on quickly then I will know more.

Nothing I ideal but it is the situation I've got to work with for now.
You could move it to a campsite on hookup.......... :LOL:

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I’m going up with him now so it’s all sorted, he is a bloody over thinker who worries about nothing that’s happened…😨

I feel like his PA at the moment trying to organise him…😆😂
I was just going to suggest either you drive him up to collect in your mh and he gets flair sorted and hopefully his is quickly sold by time he gets back with it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Exactly my thinking it was too cheap, haven’t looked at it since been up. But hope he’s put it up a few thousand now
I'd love to see a bit of profit on moby as I've put a lot of work in to him over the last year and the price he was originally advertised for just covers the financial outlay I've spent on him and nothing for any labour etc . But I'm also aware the market has dipped a bit and I'd rather not have him just sitting around for weeks. So I've raised the price a little bit but kept it realistic in the hope someone loves him as much as I did and sees the benefits of this van .

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider till who gets the electrics sorted lol?
Well I'll be fitting the solar panels and controller myself . Will see how the van is with that done. I might fit a B2B to it this year before I head off but will depend how I get on with everything else first.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Was a little bored today with no van to play with so I did a bit of tidying on the scooter . It was already very clean but there was a little surface rust on the swing arm and the chain guard and off course the stand , so sanded those down and repainted them and then gave it a good polish up with autoglym srp .. looks great now .

I love this wee bike..
20240823_163010.jpg
20240823_163019.jpg
20240823_163030.jpg
20240823_163037.jpg
20240823_165513.jpg

And garry was trimming his wardrobe door after fitting his new fridge
20240823_164427.jpg

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I think a B2B is a Must before you go, just an extra way of charging the batts, and for the sake of £250 and a bit of wiring.

Tams had 3 vans on here - and more before....

Tam - have you been short of power? (12v)

Do we really need so much?

Tam will have 2 new leisure batteries, solar and a genny

Touch wood I have only ever had one leisure battery and only ran short of power once before I got solar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back