MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jees I know I'm crabbit but this feckin wheelbearing still hasn't arrived , bright and sunny outside just now but rain forecast later. I borrowed tools from the garage to remove the hub etc which we've now had since Monday. Vans sat on Jack's for 4 days ,rapidly approaching weekend etc etc ...I'm about ready to blow a fuse. I could kick myself for not just ordering the one from ebay it would have been here and fitted by now . If I don't get it back in for its retest by tomorrow its going to be Monday.. and I'm fed up feckin waiting.

I guarantee if the van didn't have a buyer this would have all gone smoothly.

I phoned the bearing place around 10.45 and she said she'd phone courier chase them up and call back but as usual she hasn't.. feckin 1pm now

I'm pure raging

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Yes Lenny, Tams weather updates have put us off Cornwall too! after watching Poldark we thought it was lovely weather down there! Lol
We were in lovely Lincoln
First time visiting here and the city was stunning (and sunny) :rofl:

View attachment 938239

View attachment 938240

View attachment 938241

View attachment 938242

View attachment 938243

View attachment 938244

View attachment 938245

View attachment 938246

View attachment 938247

View attachment 938248
You doing camper uk after your German factory visits?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Jees I know I'm crabbit but this feckin wheelbearing still hasn't arrived , bright and sunny outside just now but rain forecast later. I borrowed tools from the garage to remove the hub etc which we've now had since Monday. Vans sat on Jack's for 4 days ,rapidly approaching weekend etc etc ...I'm about ready to blow a fuse. I could kick myself for not just ordering the one from ebay it would have been here and fitted by now . If I don't get it back in for its retest by tomorrow its going to be Monday.. and I'm fed up feckin waiting.

I guarantee if the van didn't have a buyer this would have all gone smoothly.

I phoned the bearing place around 10.45 and she said she'd phone courier chase them up and call back but as usual she hasn't.. feckin 1pm now

I'm pure raging
Get the Iveco one, fit it , keep the box , put wheel bearing from online purchase in Iveco box and return, it’s the same bearing🤷🏻‍♂️, it will not have an Iveco marking on it I reckon , or order the e bay one today and give the new owner a spare , or extend your area for searching, someone will have it on the shelf, ready to collect,
This one might be lost and never turn up😱

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Get the Iveco one, fit it , keep the box , put wheel bearing from online purchase in Iveco box and return, it’s the same bearing🤷🏻‍♂️, it will not have an Iveco marking on it I reckon , or order the e bay one today and give the new owner a spare , or extend your area for searching, someone will have it on the shelf, ready to collect,
This one might be lost and never turn up😱
That might be an idea downside is the iveco one is a 3 hour round drive to go collect it .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What else are you doing on a rainy Thursday afternoon?
Waiting on a bearing lol.. the ups tracking says it will be there between 2 and 4 pm today ... then we gotta put it together .

Mot station says they will squeeze us in tomorrow if we have it sorted tonight so that's half the battle I suppose.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
That might be an idea downside is the iveco one is a 3 hour round drive to go collect it .
It would give you certainty though, make it into an adventure lol, find a nice dog friendly restaurant for a meal, 😎 and enjoy👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It would give you certainty though, make it into an adventure lol, find a nice dog friendly restaurant for a meal, 😎 and enjoy👍
Don't have time for that as it has to be fixed today to get retested tomorrow or it would be Tuesday before mot gets done.

If this one gets here today I'll have it rebuilt tonight even if it takes me till it gets dark lol

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Don't have time for that as it has to be fixed today to get retested tomorrow or it would be Tuesday before mot gets done.

If this one gets here today I'll have it rebuilt tonight even if it takes me till it gets dark lol
Any candles😎😇?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right well it's all rebuilt , went back together good ,longest job was trying to get the bleedin 65mm socket back off the nut jees it's a tight fit . So there's now no play in the bearing and the handbrake is spot on or at least as much as I can test it on a rear wheel drive .. its holding the van but if you try to drive it with handbrake on you can if you really try .

So back for it's retest tomorrow probably around 10.45

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve just put my Flair through an mot when they get older you worry not much sleep night before it Passed I was so relieved no advisories,phew I’m worn out with anxiety 😟 but all’s good now,you check everything but you never know,good luck tomorrow 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So in other news , the buyer has been in touch and due to unforseen family circumstances he's pulled out of the sale.

Understandably I'm disappointed at that as Just smiffy and I have run ourselves ragged getting it sorted out and it's now going to be back to original plan of taking it up to wales and hanging around up there till it has sold.

So I will have to speak to Jackie and make sure she's still OK with that and I will probably now arrange to head up there on Monday as I will now have to take a lot of the stuff I was going to just leave down here up with me including the scooter as I could be up there a few weeks.
I kinda wish I had just left the advert I put on here in place but when I marked it as sold its disappeared altogether so I'll have to redo that.

But hey ho it's been one of those weeks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry to hear that, when I first read it I thought the N&B guy had pulled out :doh:
I'm sure you'll get another buyer very soon (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So in other news , the buyer has been in touch and due to unforseen family circumstances he's pulled out of the sale.

Understandably I'm disappointed at that as Just smiffy and I have run ourselves ragged getting it sorted out and it's now going to be back to original plan of taking it up to wales and hanging around up there till it has sold.

So I will have to speak to Jackie and make sure she's still OK with that and I will probably now arrange to head up there on Monday as I will now have to take a lot of the stuff I was going to just leave down here up with me including the scooter as I could be up there a few weeks.
I kinda wish I had just left the advert I put on here in place but when I marked it as sold its disappeared altogether so I'll have to redo that.

Tam, Northernraider a stroke of luck that. Get that price put up now, make yourself another 5 grand.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

It may well be that Jim can just reinstate your advert?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

My offer still stands Tam, I can even up the offer a bit, I can include a full suspension Giant mountain bike ( hefty price tag item) so all your wheels would be sorted😎👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back