MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Haven't heard anything Gina.... 🤔
Apparently they are going to round up the stray dogs and euthanise them. Hundreds of locals protesting as well as animal rights over here. Although the Turkish Government are now saying they will put the dogs in shelters and only kill the ones who are ill or are a danger to the public, which I read as they will kill them all:cry:

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Apparently they are going to round up the stray dogs and euthanise them. Hundreds of locals protesting as well as animal rights over here. Although the Turkish Government are now saying they will put the dogs in shelters and only kill the ones who are ill or are a danger to the public, which I read as they will kill them all:cry:
That's horrendous but it seems to be happening quite a bit in various countries, I've heard from fellow travellers that Morocco has been up to stuff like that too, absolutely appalling 😒

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All the way to Turkey and you get to Wales and have a kebab :giggle:
I wanted a fish supper or even a Chinese but the only takeaway that was open sold kebabs or burgers that was the choice lol so a kebab one.

It was good but I'd have preferred the fish supper

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know every body hates that M25 but I actually quite like it lol probably because I find it nice and slow compared to the whacky races on the M1 or M6 coming down, everyone seems to be in a mad hurry everywhere! Lol maybe it's because we come over from Ireland where our pace of life is so much slower so when we get to the M25 it's almost like a relief, Rosie makes us a wee cuppa and a biscuit and we watch all the cars and people going by you see some nice cars on that road (we saw Hank Marvin last time in a lovely Bentley suv) and before you know it we're heading over the big bridge and into Kent and nearly the tunnel 🙂
The corrugated surface is terrible though.. my entire van rattled all the way

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider Tam, we dont have our motorhome now but can recommend Charnocks Automotives in Littlehampton. More or less on your route to Lenny's.
Edited, didn't make it clear this is for MOT.
I need to do work on the van though before mot unfortunately. I've sticky brakes

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's horrendous but it seems to be happening quite a bit in various countries, I've heard from fellow travellers that Morocco has been up to stuff like that too, absolutely appalling 😒
Yes after I left last year there were dogs being shot in Morocco, the indie vanna jones saw it .. and the guys weren't a good shot either so many end up wounded.

Feckin scumbags , and all because they never dealt with the problem before it got out of hand

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Yes after I left last year there were dogs being shot in Morocco, the indie vanna jones saw it .. and the guys weren't a good shot either so many end up wounded.

Feckin scumbags , and all because they never dealt with the problem before it got out of hand
Bastards, sorry if my language is inoperative but that's bollocks. Sorry swearing again but seems appropriate

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Lebara will be ok for you in the UK but when you are off on your travels again they will block the SIM after 120 days.
I'm not sure that is so. I have had a UK Lebara SIM as a second line in my phone for about two years and I live in France. I bought is so I had a UK number for a couple of contacts who wouldn't deal with me if known to be living in France

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm not sure that is so. I have had a UK Lebara SIM as a second line in my phone for about two years and I live in France. I bought is so I had a UK number for a couple of contacts who wouldn't deal with me if known to be living in France
120 days is fine anyway . It won't work in Morocco anyway

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is a link to the Turkey dog story

To be honest if they were sterilising them and helping them ill all for it. It's just a concern they may put down healthy animals

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Might be an option if I can't find one near uncle lenny . Going to sort all my brakes etc at his before heading down to yours. I'd originally planned to do my mot on the 5th and head down to yours around the 7th . Chris has family commitments from the 19th so I think he's coming down around the 9th or something. But will find out tomorrow. I've new interior lights etc to fit at uncle lennys and there's a couple of wee electrical things he's gonna fix for me but nowt major.
I'm only going to be home for a few days then off again.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Gareth my new best friend is on the texting again lol . Currently discussing kebabs and dog walking areas lol.

Just make sure you are not his best 'Mark', bring the one most interested.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Tam I assume you will be stopping the Polarsteps now?

It’s been great to see all of it on the map and love your photos. Best of luck for tomorrow

Carol
Corconx!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back