MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd hoped to get some sleep on the ferry but that didn't happen , too warm and too noisy so I ended up watching TV the whole trip. Ferry was late getting in to Newhaven it was around 4am it arrived but offloaded quick and straight through the passport check etc. Just parked up in the wee carpark at the terminal and went to bed about 4.30 , had my alarm set for 8am but got woken up around 7.15 by a little arsehole on a 125 motorbike going round and round this carpark revving it ... why these clowns wit h hairdryers and L plates think it's cool to try and make as much noise as possible I don't know but if I'd got my hands on him I'd have wrung his neck . So I'm just finishing breakfast before we head up to staplehurst to collect scooter. Bright warm sunny morning I don't know what you've all been complaining about.

L8rs 😁

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
What size is your new scooter Tam? find out where he lives and zoom round outside his house!
Enjoyed your travels and stunning photos, like many secretly envious you have been able to do so much and looking forward to the new van episode ( if you get it!")

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hope you will be either keeping this thread open or starting a new fettling the motohome one, whether Moby or the one you are going to look at.
Thanks too for helping keep me sane during the long periods on wet weather we have had, your sunny pictures and adventures with the dogs put a smile on my face.
Hope the new van is everything you hope it is, keep us all in the loop.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well after a lovely sat nav led scenic tour around Sussex through some lovely villages, past lovely old churches and graveyards and a few peoples yard sales ( seems really a thing down here ) I finally got to staplehurst and the scooter around 10am , very pleased with it , its in cracking condition and full service history all old mots and receipts etc . Lovely wee bike.

BUT

There's always a but isn't there , what a hassle getting it on the scooter rack . The bracket that's designed to hold the seat is miles off on this scooter , tried it both ways round and it's just not great.

Having no choice really I've got it on and strapped but I'm not keen or overly confident of it on there and if I don't buy the other van I'd have to get this rack modified slightly. Had no issues with the last wee scooter but maybe these are just a longer wheelbase or something but it's definitely not right as it is . But hopefully no issues getting where I'm going for now. I've stopped a couple of times just to check the straps etc and it seems OK. Currently at Reading services on the m4 having lunch , m25 was the usual horrible experience. Satnav says I'm exactly 2 hours from the sellers place. I'm probably just gonna park up outside his yard for the night after I pick up some fish and chips somewhere. That little bugger blu has been chewing the table again .

Anyway I'll get a couple of pics of the scooter later.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
It’s Sunday Tam, chances of finding a chippy could be hard 🙃

Glad bike looks great, I’m sure you’ll sort out rack in the next day, hope trip down M4 goes well. Careful of speed traps all along there waiting for next bit.

Carol

Jun 25, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Well after a lovely sat nav led scenic tour around Sussex through some lovely villages, past lovely old churches and graveyards and a few peoples yard sales ( seems really a thing down here ) I finally got to staplehurst and the scooter around 10am , very pleased with it , its in cracking condition and full service history all old mots and receipts etc . Lovely wee bike.

BUT

There's always a but isn't there , what a hassle getting it on the scooter rack . The bracket that's designed to hold the seat is miles off on this scooter , tried it both ways round and it's just not great.

Having no choice really I've got it on and strapped but I'm not keen or overly confident of it on there and if I don't buy the other van I'd have to get this rack modified slightly. Had no issues with the last wee scooter but maybe these are just a longer wheelbase or something but it's definitely not right as it is . But hopefully no issues getting where I'm going for now. I've stopped a couple of times just to check the straps etc and it seems OK. Currently at Reading services on the m4 having lunch , m25 was the usual horrible experience. Satnav says I'm exactly 2 hours from the sellers place. I'm probably just gonna park up outside his yard for the night after I pick up some fish and chips somewhere. That little bugger blu has been chewing the table again .

More finger wagging required 👍😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

BUT

How does one find these scenic routes on a satnav? I am not sure ours has that feature.:LOL:

Tam, don't forget the 20mph speed limit in Welsh built-up areas.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
You jammy barsteward Tam. You have come back to some fantastic weather. Too hot here in Derbyshire, dogs are too hot to
Just Googled Derbyshire there, looks lovely lots of hills and nice countryside, I always google places people are from when they say it on here, I like to see different parts of the UK we've stayed in some lovely places on our way through, so many nice places over there 🙂

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just Googled Derbyshire there, looks lovely lots of hills and nice countryside, I always google places people are from when they say it on here, I like to see different parts of the UK we've stayed in some lovely places on our way through, so many nice places over there 🙂
Have a look at Sandwich, where we live.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Whits with all the chippies being shut on a Sunday..fir pity's sake.

Having to slum it with a kebab and chips
Traditionally it’s because the fish markets are closed Saturdays and Sundays so no fresh fish for Sunday and Monday (fish and chip shops are normally closed on Mondays too).

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Well at least Blu wont be too hungry as he has probably worked his way round all 4 corners of the table by now.
Perhaps when you sit him down for that final bollocking, you should show him some of these pictured options, lets us know which one he selects with his Paw, we could have a whip round.:giggle:
LES

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
So that's basically this trip over . 259 days , 12000 miles , 10 countries. Estimated total spend is around £7k
Hi Tam. Like many really enjoyed travelling vicariously with you again. Thank you.

Really impressed with your estimated expenses though. Does that cover everything can I ask? Dogs, vets, repairs, et al ?
Amazing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back